Author Topic: The West Coast Is Coming To The Northeast  (Read 403 times)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
The West Coast Is Coming To The Northeast
« on: July 22, 2021, 09:11:03 AM »
I woke up Tuesday to a very foggy morning. Not thinking anything about it I made MrsMac and my coffee, fed the critters, and read a few passages from the bible.

As the morning passed I noticed that the fog was not burning off as it usually does around here.

By 1000 hrs. local, I started up the orange steed and tractored down the road to the wood pile to split some more firewood. I noticed that the fog had cleared a bit however, there was a serious haze. At first I thought my eye glasses where dirty however, after a quick check, they were clean.

As I fed the log splitter 20" logs, I started to really have a hard problem breathing and my heart was pounding. No worries, I took a hit of my emergency Albuterol inhaler which seemed to help. Took a load of split logs back to the redoubt and within 5-minutes I was back to feeding the log splitter however, my heart was pounding as if Trent Reznor from Nine Inch Nails was beating on my chest as if it was a base drum and my breath was labored to boot.

Took another hit of my emergency inhaler which seemed to help. Then said to myself, "After this load, I am going to take a break."

Finished my task, tractored back to the cabin and dumped my load. Parked my orange steed and went into the cabin where I drank a 16-ounce bottle of water in one take.

After an hour or so my breathing had returned to normal - At least for me, and my heart beat was back to normal.

Jump ahead to the next day and there was a nice fog in the morning but had burned off by 0800 hrs. Then I saw on a early TV news station, that the smoke from the wildfires out west were arriving in the Northeast part of the country not unlike  locusts visiting Brigham Young and his followers around 1848.

Who has seen west coast smoke around your AO?

Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
Re: The West Coast Is Coming To The Northeast
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2021, 09:27:38 AM »
Fair bit of smoke here in Central Va.  Really pretty glowing orange fireball sun at sunset but phone doesn't do justice so imagine.

I have noticed no odor or anything but there is a fair bit of haze in the sky and sunshine does seem a bit less intense.

Nemo
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 09:30:38 AM by Nemo »
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline DMCakhunter

• Committed prepper
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2021, 11:26:20 AM »
There is haze this week in Iowa from the West coast.
Last week there was smoke haze in NW Wisconsin from Canadian fires. Couldn't smell it but was a little gritty on the eyes. AS mentioned, the sun rises were well colored at 6 AM Monday. My phone did not capture the true color, but in the 2nd picture, the top reflection color is pretty close.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 11:35:23 AM by DMCakhunter »

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2021, 11:36:49 AM »
Yupper DM.

Thx for the pic.  :cheers:
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2021, 06:39:50 PM »
Fair bit of smoke here in Central Va.  Really pretty glowing orange fireball sun at sunset but phone doesn't do justice so imagine.

I have noticed no odor or anything but there is a fair bit of haze in the sky and sunshine does seem a bit less intense.

Nemo

I haven't paid any attention to any smoke but I sure saw yesterday's ORANGE sunset. It was very obvious here in the southeastern part of Virginia. :popcorn:

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2021, 08:35:13 PM »
   We've had haze the past coupe of days.  There's still plenty of sunshine, but the haze is there.  The regional weather service has attributed the haze to the smoke from the west coast, supposedly it's going to wander north over the next day.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2021, 09:04:26 PM »
The moon here tonight is orange. Mmmm?