Author Topic: The Master Cleanse- Detox and Weightloss plan  (Read 1966 times)

Offline TheHipsterPrepper

• Novice Prepper
The Master Cleanse- Detox and Weightloss plan
« on: September 19, 2012, 04:19:55 AM »
I just discovered the detox called The Master Cleanse. Users have reported anywhere from 10-20 lbs. lost in 10 days, and an overall better feeling in their body, cleansing their bodies of all the nasty shit we put in our bodies daily.

So I will start in the morning 9/19/12 and I will report back on 9/29/12. I will also throw in exercise in the mix because I really need to lose weight. As you guys don't know, I'm trying to lose weight to enlist in the Army. I decided not to go back to College this semester so I could go in the Army. Don't ask me why I'm giving up college for the military, but it's a personal reason. With that said, I'm bumming it at my mom's house until I can leave. I don't get the feeling she wants me out asap, but I feel like I'm being a burden, i.e. eating food, utilities, etc. with no job, and I'd like to leave as soon as possible.

That being the case, my life right now is revolving around 10lbs. of a gross white substance floating around in my belly.

So basically the menu for the next 10 days:

Breakfast:
2 teaspoons of un-iodized sea salt
1 quart of of lukewarm/room temp. water

Throughout the day:
8-10, 8oz glasses of purified water
2 tablespoons Grade B Maple syrup
2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 dash of Cayenne pepper

At night:
Laxative tea

Wish me luck, I'm 7-10lbs. away from my goal that I've been working on for the past couple of weeks, so hopefully this "miracle" plan along with some hard work, will net me my weight loss and a healthier body!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 04:23:22 AM by TheHipsterPrepper »
I'm a prepper, in a hipster kind of way.

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
Re: The Master Cleanse- Detox and Weightloss plan
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 04:42:09 AM »
I am familiar with this program and I must tell you that most of the weight you will loose will be from dehydration and removal of excess fecal matter from your digestive track.....not fat.

If you want to quickly burn fat, I would suggest an ultra-low-carb (ketogenic) diet instead... and supplement with high doses of magnesium for the detox part and to help ease the headache that can occur during the ketogenic diet.
"It wouldn't do any good.  I've had the shit beat out of me a lot of times.  I just replenish with more shit."  - Billy McBride

• Novice Prepper
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 05:10:58 AM »
Not sure if its related but is ketogenics the process of putting your body through ketosis by going on a high protein diet? I tried that a while back and had some progress.

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 06:03:42 AM »
Not sure if its related but is ketogenics the process of putting your body through ketosis by going on a high protein diet? I tried that a while back and had some progress.
Yes...but the fat burning (ketosis) does not come from the high protein, it comes from the lack of carbs.  But yes, someone will likely be eating more protein on a ketogenic diet. 

Many people recommend swallowing 2-4 tablespoons of raw (unrefined) coconut oil throughout each day...  it tricks the body into burning fat, while raising metabolism and supplying raw energy to replace the carbs they are used to.  Plenty of water with this diet is recommended also.

People who want to get serious about it, buy some "Keto-Diastix" (around $17/50 strips) from a drug store (usually have to ask for them, they are kept behind the pharmacist's counter).  These are little test strips that you piss on and they will change color to detect ketones... or not.  Ketosis will usually start around 12-36 hours after your last intake of carbs.  These test strips are used to determine exact how many grams of carbs can be ingested with completely halting ketosis.  For some people it takes only a very few grams.  Remember, every time ketosis is halted, it will take 12-36 hours to restart it again.  These test strips are also used to detect any accidental carb intake the dieter may not be aware of so the dieter can adjust his diet (for example ~ some brands of bacon contain enough sugar to halt ketosis... bummer).  Another thing to note, these test strips have a scale showing the concentration of ketones.  The point of the diet is not to get the highest concentration of ketones, but to register a concentration that is above "negative" and some where in the lower half of the scale.  When the concentration of ketones gets too high headaches and toxic symptoms worsen. This can be lowered a adding a few more grams of carbs to the next meal(s).  The exact amount is to be determined by the individual... that's what the test strips are for.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 06:58:40 AM by special-k »
"It wouldn't do any good.  I've had the shit beat out of me a lot of times.  I just replenish with more shit."  - Billy McBride

Offline APX808

• Administrator
    • APX R4nt5
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 07:41:27 AM »
If you have high blood pressure having for breakfast 2 teaspoons of salt will fuck you up

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 08:41:41 AM »
On another note Hipster: Good luck! Keep the faith!!  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 12:59:25 PM »
Hey Ace, it is still warm.. go running. Fuck that starving yourself bullshit.

Show that same level of dedication to PT and you will knock out that 10 lbs in no time.

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2012, 01:48:23 PM »
Hey Ace, it is still warm.. go running. Fuck that starving yourself bullshit.

Show that same level of dedication to PT and you will knock out that 10 lbs in no time.

Hard to outrun the fork. A lot easier to drop weight at the table then by trying to PT away bad eating. This is all what ive heard not what ive experiencrd.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2012, 01:59:11 PM »
You're spot on Ken, you can't out run that fork but if you become the master of you eating habits and make it a good showing in your running shoes the weight will fall off.

It is a two pronged assault. Good eating habits on the left physical activity on the right, that plan of action will encircle and destroy spare tires.

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2012, 02:03:42 PM »
You're spot on Ken, you can't out run that fork but if you become the master of you eating habits and make it a good showing in your running shoes the weight will fall off.

It is a two pronged assault. Good eating habits on the left physical activity on the right, that plan of action will encircle and destroy spare tires.

[URL=http://www.smileyvault.co
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline v0dka

• Firefigher EMT-P
  • Senior Prepper
  • flecktastic!!
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2012, 02:11:59 PM »
Ace if you get over 20 mins of cardio in everyday you will drop weight like crazy. It takes the body 20 mins to start burning fat. I run for 15 mins every time i work out then go right into using weight machines then free weights. My goal is to run for 25 mins and still be able to do a crazy lifting workout like i do.
sic luceat lux

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2012, 03:13:23 PM »
v0dka is correct, you need to get to that optimum heart rate and stay there for 30 minutes.

If running is hard on your body like it is mine (knees, oh God my knees) then try a road bike. A quick 5 minute sprint will get your heart beating and then you just cruise after that to keep your heart rate up.

45 minutes every otherday is doing me wonders!

• Novice Prepper
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2012, 04:51:24 PM »
v0dka is correct, you need to get to that optimum heart rate and stay there for 30 minutes.

If running is hard on your body like it is mine (knees, oh God my knees) then try a road bike. A quick 5 minute sprint will get your heart beating and then you just cruise after that to keep your heart rate up.

45 minutes every otherday is doing me wonders!
I've always been a runner (well when I'm working out that is), I love running, and I can run for forever. If I can't make it out, I will hit the elliptical, but every time I start running and start losing weight, I plateau. Just like this last time, I've lost 30lbs over the past few months but I can't seem to go much further beyond where I'm at right now. That's part of the reason behind this detox/diet. I'm not trying to cheat losing weight, I know that can really only be achieved through hard work (besides surgery), I'm just trying to jump start myself using this theory.