Author Topic: Question for the Medics  (Read 630 times)

Offline Erick

• Committed prepper
Question for the Medics
« on: January 03, 2020, 01:33:12 PM »
I have a skin tag.
usually not a big deal right..
This one just showed up in last 3 weeks though.. its still small but its on my cheek.

Is it ok if I just cut it off?
Obviously cleaning the area first. cleaning the razor blade etc etc
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 01:51:06 PM by Erick »
Every day, men who will follow orders to kill you, exercise. Do you?

Online Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
Re: Question for the Medics
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2020, 01:59:19 PM »
Erick, I'm not a medic, but a I've had skin cancer.  Go see a dermatologist, just to be sure. My symptoms were minor, but it turned out to be serious.  Get it checked out by a professional, that's what they do.

Offline Erick

• Committed prepper
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2020, 03:14:54 AM »
Jack..
I appreciate the heads up.

I agree I need to see one eventually anyway..
Over the last decade or so I have accumulated the occasional minor warts and skin flaws on my face.. its gotten to the point where it affects my looks .... none of them are big or noticeable but I want them gone and that is hard to do just with tinctures and the like.. dont want to mess with those on my face.

As for the skintag .. i am quite confident its just a  tag.. I still want it off though.
I had those before at other places (legs) and just went to a clinic and they cut them off.. but i have no clinic where I am and just want to take care of this quickly
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 03:18:04 AM by Erick »

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2020, 09:01:12 AM »
Erick,
I mirror Jackalopes recommendation. My regular GP took a skin tag off my arm. Once done, he sent it into be diagnosed. Came back negative. No visible scar.

I wonder what causes them?
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline mechmedic

• Prepper
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2020, 11:45:39 AM »
Skin tags by definition are non cancerous. There are some options other than cutting. But they take a few days to work. If your going to cut it off, clean the area and your hands thoroughly. Make sure whatever you’re using to cut are sterilized.

Offline Erick

• Committed prepper
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2020, 05:11:27 PM »
Skin tags by definition are non cancerous. There are some options other than cutting. But they take a few days to work. If your going to cut it off, clean the area and your hands thoroughly. Make sure whatever you’re using to cut are sterilized.

Thanks Medic.. turns out it was still minor enough a medicated bandaid was sufficient to take it off.
I once badly infected myself when I stitched a cut on on foot even though I thought i had it cleaned enough ( soap and water and then used antibiotic cream).. next time I will use rubbing alcohol after the soaps and water...

... so I am much more careful now.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 05:14:29 PM by Erick »

Offline mechmedic

• Prepper
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2020, 12:20:52 PM »
Beta-Iodine is a great thing for preparing skin. We use it when we lance abscesses or stitch anything if we have it. Did you use medical sutures or just sewing thread and needles?