Author Topic: Latest news on my battle with the Fauci Virus.  (Read 495 times)

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
Latest news on my battle with the Fauci Virus.
« on: February 16, 2022, 06:14:36 PM »
Well, My Doctor has called me several times to check on me while I had/have the Fauci Virus. Yea, how many Doctors do that? I love my Doctor. He is not only my Doctor, he has become a friend of the family over the years and when the wife or myself get sick, he calls and checks on us often. This is an update on how I'm progressing. As of today, I feel back to normal until I start to do anything. Then, I get tired really quick. Today, when I woke up I felt perfectly normal but as soon as I went down to the Truckstop for my daily coffee and then walked 125 feet out to the mailbox and 125 feet back to the house, I was pooped out. In talking to my Doctor the other day, he told me that I was getting well but to expect a long recovery time for the weakness to go away. He said that when he had the Fauci Virus, about a year ago, it affected him a lot worse than me and he said that he still suffers from Muscle and Joint issues from time to time. Damn!! I had a mild case with only a few symptoms and I thought I was going to die from the extreme weakness. I think that I will feel a bit better everyday and I hope my natural antibodies will keep me from catching it again. I truly believe that my Type O blood, Smoking Cigarettes, long time use of Vitamine D3, Zinc, and Vitamin C made a huge difference in how mild my case was. Tomorrow, the wife has an appointment for her monthly checkup and I asked if it was OK for me to come with her to his office. He told me that If I felt strong enough to come, then sure, it was OK to come with her. Oh, by the way, I take a very mild dose of Statins to keep my cholesterol normal. My Doctor told me that the latest research showed that those who take Statins indicate a better protection from severe COVID 19. He said that I should probably add that to my list of reasons why my case was milder than normal. I'm looking forward to feeling less tired and getting back to doing some of the tasks that I need to take care of around the house.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 06:17:37 PM by pkveazey »

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
Re: Latest news on my battle with the Fauci Virus.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2022, 06:31:44 PM »
What Statin do you do?  I do 40mg of Atorvastatin daily.  Good one? 

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2022, 09:54:54 PM »
When my Doctor said that he wanted me to take a STATIN, I said, "I'm a Ham Radio Operator and I must have heard 100 horror stories about how Statins tore people up." He said that my Cholesterol was right where it belonged and he was going to prescibe the smallest dose available 20 mg of LOVASTATIN. I told him that I'd give it a go but if I started getting any side effects, I would stop taking it. He said, "I can live with that". I haven't noticed anything even close to the horror stories I've heard so I take it.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2022, 09:22:10 AM »
Sorry that I have not responded before now PKv. Yesterday, I was in the Philly area visiting my mom.

1) I am glad you are improving.
2) I was stoked to hear ya' on the net Tuesday night.
3) I am also glad to hear your wife did not get the Fauci Virus.
4) You take care Brother.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2022, 12:04:47 PM »
It's good to hear you're on the mend, PK.  Just shake it easy for a bit.

Offline RB in GA

• Committed prepper
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2022, 03:19:07 PM »
Well PK, I feel your pain. I tested positive last week and I have to say while its no fun (chills, fever, and a cough from hell), its not nearly as bad as the doomsayers let on.  My practice doc (ie the doc I work with daily) has been really worried about me due to age and co-morbidities, and has been after me to go the ER, but I dont see the point for me.  Already over the hump and getting better. Loss of pay is the major issue for me now, but thats just one of life's little blips.   Feel better man and take it slow and easy.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2022, 03:50:21 PM »
RB in Ga.

you take care too.  :cheers:
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline RB in GA

• Committed prepper
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2022, 04:55:22 PM »
Thanks Johnny.  Gonna need it I'm afraid- just got fired (over the phone, no less) for being out with Covid.  Since I'm a subcontractor, I have no recourse.  So unemployment here I come, at least I hope.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2022, 06:38:32 PM »
Oh my Lord!

Fuck 'em Brother.

Drop me a PM to see if I can hook ya' up with a Brother or Sister to hire ya'.

It's "the man" behind this crap.

Offline grizz

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Lets Go Brandon
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2022, 01:34:12 PM »
Glad you're on the mend PK.

I had a long vist with some ER and ICU doc the past few days, NOT by choice, and now I'm on some statins for the rest of my life. What horror stories and side affects have you heard of?
.:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.
[IMG]http://vpnavy01.c

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2022, 03:18:48 PM »
Back in 13, my numbers were above 400.  2 blockages, 2 defib shocks and 2 stents were put in.  I have been on Atorvastatin AKA Lipitor 40mg 1x daily since.

No problems or downside issues for me.  Number is now running about 100-110 LDL and HDL combined.

Nemo

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2022, 06:31:09 PM »
Grizz.... You might want to do a You Tube search on STATINS. Between what I've read, heard on Ham Radio, and by watching You Tube Videos, I can only parrot from that. Tiredness, Weakness in muscles, Muscles deterioration, Joint and/or muscle pain, and I saved the worst for last, Kidney and Liver problems. There were several more others but they were either minor or rare. I'm in a fortunate group where I don't really need to take 20mg Lovastatin but my combined numbers usually run around 135 so my Doctor more or less wants me to take the lowest dose available as a way to keep those numbers low. I think my last test showed a combined number something like 125ish. He said that my HDL always looks good but my LDL is always just a little higher than he wants to see. With or without the Statins, my LDL number always seems to be about the same. I told him that we all have what I call, "My Normal" as opposed to the general population normal. A good example is that the general populations body temp is 98.6. Hmmmm..... My wife's body temp is almost always 97.8. I will say this........ Before he put me on the Statin drug, he sent me in to the Hospital as an outpatient to have all sorts of Heart tests done and it all came back fine. The other day when I went in with the wife for her monthly visit, I mentioned to the Doctor that I was happy to see that he had changed my prescription to 20mg every other day instead of 20mg every day. He said that he hadn't changed my prescription so I told him that he might want to speak to our pharmacist. I told him that I didn't mind taking it either way and whatever he wanted me to do was OK with me because I would yield to superior knowledge.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2022, 07:25:20 PM »
There can be serious and substantial bad effects from Statins.  But what one gives you another may not.  And they do what they are supposed to.  I have been on mine for 9 years with no issues.  My wife was on one and it caused substantial muscle cramps and pain.  Changed to another and no issue.  Good results.

If you numbers are too high and doc wants you to pill up, do it.  They have been around long enough to be generic.  I think they stay On Label for 17 years minimum.

Listen to what he says, figure it out for you.  The info is out there.

But you have trusted him for a while, he cannot make a lot of money off generics.

Nemo

Offline grizz

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Lets Go Brandon
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2022, 09:58:28 PM »
changing of your diets didnt change the need for the statins?

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2022, 10:21:21 AM »
I did change my diet a fair bit.  But I have not changed the pills to see what (if any) change would be made.  I know the numbers (over 10 years) have crept up about 15% over the low point (6-9 months) after starting them.  Still well within the healthy range.

Nemo
« Last Edit: February 20, 2022, 10:23:49 AM by Nemo »

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2022, 12:25:27 PM »
A friend (Yes I have to pay him) stopped taking statins oh about a year and a half ago. He has had blood tests that showed his cholesterol high but in the upper end of the safe zone. He reports that his doctor is very happy with his results and complements himself profusely while not knowing that my friend has not taken statins for almost 18-monts now.  :dance: 
« Last Edit: February 20, 2022, 03:22:06 PM by JohnyMac »

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2022, 01:49:09 PM »
Dayum now you got me a wondering.

Nemo

Offline grizz

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Lets Go Brandon
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2022, 01:54:13 PM »
I realize I will more than likely be on some med for the rest of my life due to my new stent but I dont like the idea of being on any more than absolutly neccessary

Congrats to your friend keep the numbers in check with an improved diet and probably exersize regulary

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2022, 03:27:48 PM »
My friend is 78 and he has a pacemaker.

He does watch his diet but nothing crazy or anything. He is also very active. He may not run marathon races however, he gardens, walks this time of year, hunts, fishes, etc. Oh and he makes his own wine which he drinks a bottle of most nights.

If you go into his cellar, it looks like one of those fancy French wine rooms with all of the bottles of wine he has along the walls.

Offline Felix

• Committed prepper
  • Hunter, grower, brewer, distiller.
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2022, 06:07:04 PM »
"If you go into his cellar, it looks like one of those fancy French wine rooms with all of the bottles of wine he has along the walls."

"Only" 70 now here.   And facing possible divorce, starting ALL over in another place.   RB in Georgia, I guess we both could offer some choice comments on "timing".    But, as always, things _could_ get worse. Hope it doesn't come to that.
But where this fine gent has a substantial cellar, so do I hope to have one - of whisky instead of wine.
Like the line in Shawshank Redemption, "Either yer busy living or you are busy die'n".

We don't get out of this alive (in a corporeal sense).   The only things that matter are how you spend you days and if you are right with God.    Address those two matters and the rest falls into place.  Or so I'm told.   (and happen to believe/agree).

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2022, 08:54:15 AM »
God bless Felix.  :cheers:

Offline Searchboss

• Prepper Apprentice
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2022, 10:59:52 AM »
Interesting conversations. My family Doc put me on 40mg of generic Atorvastatin daily about 10 years ago. I get an annual physical every year or so  ::) (what can I say) and so far the numbers seem to be steady. Several years after I started taking the drug I started getting cramps in my calves, usually in the evening or after going to bed at night. My legs might cramp daily for a few days, then nothing for weeks or months, then it would start again. It was not excruciating, just mildly painful for a few minutes and annoying. Last year I finally got tired of this happening, told him about the cramps, and asked if he should change the medication. He was very reluctant to do this. He said that what I was taking was doing what he wanted it to do, and a different statin might have a different result and different side effects. So, I am still taking the original drug and dose. Other than the occasional cramp, I do not seem to have any other side effects.

I really dislike having to take daily medication. Mainly because I don?t want to be required to take something that I may not be able to get at some point in the future if the supply chain should stop running. Fortunately, I have a few months? supply on hand that I acquired by accident  :D when changing pharmacies a couple of years ago.

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2022, 10:35:58 PM »
Interesting conversations. My family Doc put me on 40mg of generic Atorvastatin daily about 10 years ago. I get an annual physical every year or so  ::) (what can I say) and so far the numbers seem to be steady. Several years after I started taking the drug I started getting cramps in my calves, usually in the evening or after going to bed at night. My legs might cramp daily for a few days, then nothing for weeks or months, then it would start again. It was not excruciating, just mildly painful for a few minutes and annoying. Last year I finally got tired of this happening, told him about the cramps, and asked if he should change the medication. He was very reluctant to do this. He said that what I was taking was doing what he wanted it to do, and a different statin might have a different result and different side effects. So, I am still taking the original drug and dose. Other than the occasional cramp, I do not seem to have any other side effects.

I really dislike having to take daily medication. Mainly because I don?t want to be required to take something that I may not be able to get at some point in the future if the supply chain should stop running. Fortunately, I have a few months? supply on hand that I acquired by accident  :D when changing pharmacies a couple of years ago.

The cramp thing might be something you can take care of yourself. Ask your Doctor how he feels about you taking a low dose Magnesium supplement. If you find that you are not going to be able to get your Statin drugs, then taper off slowly from them. Stopping abruptly can be very bad.

Offline grizz

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Lets Go Brandon
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2022, 11:29:23 AM »

They have me on 80mg, I gotta ask about that