Author Topic: JIF recall  (Read 411 times)

Offline RB in GA

• Committed prepper
JIF recall
« on: May 21, 2022, 08:31:22 PM »

Of course, several recent jars I purchased fell within this thing. Sigh. This is my personal harbinger of the end of days   :hiding: 

https://www.fda.gov/safety/recalls-market-withdrawals-safety-alerts/j-m-smucker-co-issues-voluntary-recall-select-jifr-products-sold-us-potential-salmonella

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Re: JIF recall
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2022, 07:04:12 AM »
RB, thanks for posting this. I heard something briefly about it but didn't pay much attention. Now I have to go check out our peanut butter preps.  :thumbsUp:
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline DMCakhunter

• Committed prepper
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2022, 08:54:55 AM »
FYI - Saturday I received an automated call from Costco warning me that a recent purchase contained a recalled JIF peanut butter.
Didn't say anything about a refund, just to dispose of the peanut butter.

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2022, 09:52:11 AM »
FYI - Saturday I received an automated call from Costco warning me that a recent purchase contained a recalled JIF peanut butter.
Didn't say anything about a refund, just to dispose of the peanut butter.

It's concerning that Costco is tracking purchases so closely.  The incident perfectly illustrates how many of our purchases are being tracked, and how that data is being used.  Depending upon where purchases are made, it doesn't matter if you've used a credit or debit card, or cash, the entire purchase is noted electronically.  Soon, the only purchases not recorded will be if someone eliminates their phone (electronically or physically), and makes a face to face private sale in a remote location, but even that transaction could be recorded by either a drone or a satellite.  It certainly gives you food for thought...

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2022, 09:55:30 AM »
I don't buy JIF.  Actually prefer the wal mart brand.  Its firmer and actually tastier.  Smooth rather than crunchy.

Now that that debate is opened  .   .   ..

I would take all the jars back to the purchase point and request/demand replacements or refunds.

Complaining gets results. 

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2022, 10:33:01 AM »
Jackalope, exactly my thoughts when I read DM's post.  :hiding:
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline DMCakhunter

• Committed prepper
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2022, 01:59:27 PM »
Good point Jackalope.
Only comment is that costco is a membership clubs with membership card that you have to scan to check out.
I think this is how they track sales, and in this case, recalled items.

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2022, 06:41:07 AM »
I checked the production number on the last jar of JIFF that I bought. I got lucky. The first 3 digits were 111 and the bad stuff started with 127. :popcorn: