Author Topic: .Gov Is Rolling Out N95 Masks To Stores Around Country.  (Read 238 times)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
Re: .Gov Is Rolling Out N95 Masks To Stores Around Country.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2022, 06:53:51 PM »
And the masks are probably made in China.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2022, 07:34:50 PM »
And of course not individually wrapped.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2022, 07:57:57 PM »
And the masks are probably made in China.

If they are made in China they are supposed to be maked as the KN-95.

N-95 are to be made in USA.

Nemo

Bests bet is click link and read full article.  But

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/what-s-the-difference-between-n95-masks-and-kn95-masks/ar-BB17WaR1

But how are N95 masks different from KN95 masks? The main difference lies in how the masks are certified. ?In general,? says Sean Kelly, founder of New Jersey-based PPE of America, ?N95 is the U.S. standard, and the KN95 is the China standard.? Because of this, only N95 masks are approved for health-care use in the United States, even though KN95 masks have many of the same protective properties.
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2022, 11:18:09 PM »
Or just go pantyhose.  I suspect fresh and unworn would be best.

You must go read the last paragraph.  Careful no wife over the shoulder read of it behind you.

Nemo

https://www.vice.com/en/article/akvng5/mask-hacks-better-fit-research

Scientists Find Putting Pantyhose on Your Head Makes Your Mask Safer
After testing seven ways to make masks seal better around the face, researchers found that a pair of hosiery does the trick best.
by Samantha Cole
February 3, 2022, 11:24am

I recently came across a selfie from April 2020 where I wore a ?mask? that was just a bandana folded up and secured with hair ties to make a sad, limp origami face covering. It?s hard to believe this was the viral (lol) personal protective gear trick at the time, wrapping a linty old piece of cotton around my face to go buy and then wipe down my groceries. But back then, not even nurses could get their hands on a mask; these were just the ad hoc hacks we made up to stumble through a terrifying, confusing time.

In 2020, researchers from the University of Cambridge started testing out some of the ways people might adjust face masks to make them fit better on their faces. Their findings were finally released as a peer-reviewed study this week in the journal PLoS ONE.

A better seal around the edges of the masks means more protection from COVID-19, but most consumer-level surgical masks and KN95s leave gaps around the sides. The researchers tested seven different hacks that attempt to close the gaps, on surgical and KN95 masks:

Taping the edges of a mask to one?s face
    Filling the sides of a mask with gauze
    Binding the mask to the face with gauze (the ?mummy? method)
    Putting a knot in the ear loops
    Rubber bands around the front to create a ?brace? against the mouth
    A slice of pantyhose wrapped around the face

CONTINUED

YOU MUST FINISH ARTICLE AT LINK ABOVE  You will be displeased if you miss it, trust me.
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.