Author Topic: Food Poisoning.  (Read 1708 times)

Offline WhiteWolf

• Committed prepper
  • Once more into the fray.......
Food Poisoning.
« on: February 20, 2012, 09:37:44 PM »
So I've spent the past 3.5 days stuck in bed with food poisoning. (Pizza Hut personal pan pizza incase anyone's wondering. And no I didn't raid Dsarti's freezer.) The only thing I've been able to keep down thus far is some Gatorade. So obviously it got me to thinking about "what if" this happened in a WROL/SHTF scenario. First off, electrolyte tabs should be a must in everyones b.o.b.'s for a number of reasons, but this is an excellent one as dehydration comes on FAST. After the first 12 hours I could barely produce spit.

Next up, if you get this sick you're not going anywhere. Depending on the scenario you may want to think of some back up plans for just such an occassion. I think it goes without saying that the instant anyone or yourself gets sick it should be priority to isolate yourself/them. Food for thought.
"You must pay the price if you wish to secure the blessing."
Andrew Jackson

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
Re: Food Poisoning.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 10:24:45 PM »
Good points.  I hope you get to feeling better soon.  Not a lot of fun to go through that stuff that's for sure.

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Offline WhiteWolf

• Committed prepper
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 10:54:46 PM »
Good points.  I hope you get to feeling better soon.  Not a lot of fun to go through that stuff that's for sure.
Yeah. Realized though for all my medical preps I don't have a single electrolyte tab among them.  [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at Better now than later I suppose.
Andrew Jackson

Offline mountainredneck2051

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 12:16:17 AM »
dont feel too bad
as of now my medical preps consist of alcohol bandaids one thing of quick clot and some ductape
Bursting bubbles since 2013

Offline WhiteWolf

• Committed prepper
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 04:04:42 PM »
Well I did go to work today. I have to say I was shocked. I felt pretty shitty the first couple hours, but I actually got a fair amount of shit done and I had a lot to do that required heavy lifting. Considering over 84 hours all I've had to eat was a baked potato and a smoothie I'm really impressed I was able to actually keep going. I mean I seriously wouldn't have thought it possible. Still stocking up on some electrolyte tabs.
Andrew Jackson

Offline gapatriot

• Committed prepper
    • Homefront defense
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 04:12:01 PM »
Mountain thats not all you have your like me im sure you have some syringes various antibiotics and other stuff you just havent thought about using it on humans.