Author Topic: finally a reason to post in this board  (Read 2038 times)

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
finally a reason to post in this board
« on: September 25, 2012, 07:33:43 PM »
my new Krav Maga class starts soon  ;) i'm super duper excited.

I'll update once I'm a deadly killing machine.  :P
Rome is burning, and Obama is playing the fiddle - GAP

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Re: finally a reason to post in this board
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 08:26:12 PM »
Israeli martial arts? Please explain NOLA  :))
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 09:40:48 PM »
Israeli martial arts? Please explain NOLA  :))

yea brother. the Israeli stuff.

here's my reasoning:

A: I NEEEEEED to stop smoking and drinking, and my own willpower alone has failed over and over again. I think that getting myself involved in a physically challenging activity outside of work may be the motivation I need.

B: most other martial arts are deeply rooted in spirituality and "discipline"... Krav Maga seems to skip all that BS and focus on the combat.

C: from everything I've seen and read, Krav Maga seems to be the most brutal physical workout of all the martial art options. I need to get in shape. I'm not fat or anything, I'm actually a pretty healthy size, but because of my smoking.. etc... I'm badly out of shape.

D: I want to learn how to kick ass.

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 11:20:56 PM »
Make sure your trainer is accredited, there is a national outfit that does that... Google it.

oh and 'fuck yeah! tear that shit up!'

Offline Grudgie

• Committed prepper
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 11:51:11 PM »
I have been loseley looking around for a martial art to learn. There are no Krav Maga classes where I live. I'm looking at a Gracie Jiu-Jitsu place though. Anyone have any experience with Gracie Jiu-Jitsu?

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 09:26:54 AM »
Grudgie, Gracie is good stuff but they focus too much on holds and joint manipulation as the primary means of attack. If you look at Krav Maga you will see that joint manipulation is about breaking holds and creating space. Space is key.

I suppose that the primary difference to those schools of though it one intends to force your enemy to submit and the other is the total decimation of his ability to posse a threat. If you were intending to defend yourself from an unknown enemy in an unknown quantity it would make sense to me that you wanted to break them to little pieces and move on to the next one.

Offline APX808

• Administrator
    • APX R4nt5
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 10:42:54 AM »
I trained Krav Maga for two years and its really cool because you cut to the chase and start learning useful stuff from the first day.

Imi Lichtenfeld created the system around the 40's to teach jewish people to defend themselves, so it needed to be brutal and easy to learn (Check this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imi_Lichtenfeld)

I like the way KM is taught with heavy emphasis on stress and multiple assailants, all strikes are directed to vital areas being balls, eyes, throat  or nose.

Some people criticizes that the techniques are scripted, and real life isn't, but with practice you assimilate the technique and become able to adapt to the changes.

What I DIDN'T liked about it, is that it focus too much on defending attacks, but it never teach you how to be the attacker.

For sure you'll spend a lot of calories in the class, I always finished soaking wet.

About jiu jitsu:

I wouldn't choose it because  its all about grappling and fighting in the ground and in a real fight you go to the floor and you're dead.
Here are some examples...
While you are on guard on the floor, a friend of your attacker will stomp your head to death, or hit you with a knife in the ribs or your enemy will bite your face/ears off.

Ground fighting is important, but you shouldn't rely on it as default, always stay on your feet, movement is key.

I enjoy MMA matches, but that doesn't represents a fight in the street, that's just a show with tons of rules and protections.

Good luck in your class NOLA, and keep us posted to see how it works for you :D

Offline Grudgie

• Committed prepper
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2012, 11:23:15 AM »
Whoa. Just watched a youtube video on Krav Maga and it looks brutal. Granted the fights look scripted.

The Best Krav Maga Trainer! Roy Elghanayan's Krav Maga & Israeli Jiu Jitsu

Are there any good books to learn this from? Or any good books in general to learn about offensive martial arts and killing with bare hands?

goodnightChesty1775

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2012, 12:20:56 PM »
thats sweet man, work on cardio before it starts, sprints, burpies, mountain climbers, jump squats, marry catherines (jump lunges)
to name a few, those will get your lungs pumping.

krav maga is pretty awesome from what ive seen. id like to learn some more LINE stuff that shiz is awesome, talk about a no BS kill someone martial art..

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2012, 07:03:05 PM »
I think it looks scripted because it is. if they sparred for real then nobody would walk away without a broken arm or a slashed throat.  :))

Offline gapatriot

• Committed prepper
    • Homefront defense
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2012, 09:37:29 PM »
Nola is full of it! In shape my ass hes like 5'3'' and 300 pounds. Total chairborn ranger!

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2012, 10:29:46 PM »
lol try 5'10" 165

:))

Offline EJR914

• Hardcore Prepper
    • EJR914 Youtube Page
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2012, 01:15:27 AM »
my new Krav Maga class starts soon  ;) i'm super duper excited.

I'll update once I'm a deadly killing machine.  :P

I'm fucking jealous man!  I hope to one day get started in a real Krav Maga class and learn everything I can.  I learned a few simple things from a friend who had been taking it for quite a while. 

What I love about it is that it is SIMPLE, BRUTAL, and EFFECTIVE.  Its so simple just about anyone can learn the moves.  Its brutal because you just go for soft and easy targets such as the nose, eyes and throat a lot, once weapons or other things are taken care of, and effective is in it doesn't take a lot of moves to get to the desired effect, less energy wasted, and the moves themselves are efficient on time (quick), natural, and get the job done.

I asked a while back, when I was in better shape, and they said I had to get my back taken care of FIRST before I could enroll.  So now I've just got to get my back fixed before I could ever start, not to mention, I'd have to have income to be able to afford the classes.

I hear its a great work out and as said before, MAKE SURE IT IS ACCREDITED.  There are a lot of Fakers and BS out there, so make sure you're working with someone who is really good and is legit, because you don't want to be learning BS, wasting your time, money, and now you would have to undo all the incorrect things and muscle memory that you learned.

I always say LEARN RIGHT the first time, so you don't have to UNLEARN bad technique and information. 

Kicks ass bro!   [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co