Author Topic: 9 Ways to Boost Your Immune System  (Read 1582 times)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
9 Ways to Boost Your Immune System
« on: December 12, 2014, 10:29:09 AM »
I ran across this article today and thought I would share it.

MrsMac and I do not do flu shots. I am just writing this not to start a "shit-storm" it's just a fact. Instead we focus on:

> Taking D3 every day. 2000iu in the spring/summer/fall and 5000iu in the winter,
> Remind each other to wash our hands when we return from town,
> Remind each other to not touch our eyes or nose until we do wash our hands,
> Minimize alcohol intake (JohnyMac as MrsMac does not drink),
> When in town, open doors and plug PIN's when paying for goods with our pinkies or knuckles, and
> Minimize our exposure to large groups ESPECIALLY if we know that someone in the group is sick.

Neither of us have had the flu in years and on occasion might get a cold. If we feel that a cold maybe starting, we take supplements containing zinc with plenty of liquids. 

Now with that all written - We do not have to mingle with the public while working. So we do have an advantage. With that said, My last two jobs required me to work in a office setting where there were many co-workers. During that time MrsMac and I never got the flu but on occasion got a cold. That is when we started using the zinc trick which worked great!

I also started staying home when people at work started showing up sick. I was lucky enough that I could do a large percentage of my work from home.

Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline NativeSon

• Prepper Apprentice
Re: 9 Ways to Boost Your Immune System
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 12:40:36 PM »
I definitely agree with the elderberry. I took some Sambucol while everyone else (5 others) in the house was sick for over a week. I didn't catch a thing.

Also, lots of chilies. I used cayenne, chipotle, and paprika mostly, with some guajillo from time to time. I would make spiced mexican hot chocolate and add chilie powder to it.

Offline APX808

• Administrator
    • APX R4nt5
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 01:24:23 PM »
But with those you're not boosting your immune system but avoiding risk factors

If you really want to be powerful, you need to do like "Pity Alvarez" a rockstar from Argentina who eats rotten food and drinks toilet water to really boost his natural defenses, big amounts of cocaine are needed too I think...

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2014, 01:57:55 PM »
LOL APX!
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2014, 10:23:00 PM »
Put some alcohol in your blood daily.  That will kill germs and viruses.  It is good for you.  Try it.

Nemo

If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline Kbop

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2014, 09:01:11 PM »
In vino veritas, in aqua sanitas. 
- my favorite is falsely attributed to Ben Franklin and fits with the theme.
"In wine there is wisdom; in beer there is freedom/strength; in water there is bacteria."
I'm not sure who first coined this phrase, but the word 'bacteria' is from the mid 1800's

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2014, 10:55:37 PM »
That mostly works Kb, but Veritas means Truth, not wisdom, and sanitas translates to health.  Either way, still sounds good to me.  Beer is the Nectar of the Gods.  Its healthy for all on its own.

Nemo

If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

gadget99

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2015, 04:12:01 AM »
Take A look at Turmeric. It has a great deal of benefit.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2015, 09:07:17 AM »
Gadget,
How do you use turmeric? I am willing to try anything to keep a cold away.  ;)

On another note: Two Mondays ago I got "that feeling" in the back of my throat. Started drinking a fizzy drink that MrsMac had bought at the pharmacy. It contained zinc. Drank the fizzy zinc drink every 4 hours or so through-out the day. Along with the fizzy drink I drank my usual drink of the day - Two to three ounces of lemon aide mixed with 12 ounces or so of unsweetened ice tea. That evening I had no hard cider or wine as I usually do.

The next morning I had no cold. Viola`!

Offline Kbop

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2015, 10:18:28 AM »
I am not a doctor and I haven't played one on TV  :dancingBanana:

But' if a large amount of your immune system lives in your gut - how about re-dosing the bacterial community every once in awhile?
- got yogurt?

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2015, 10:23:24 AM »
I agree! Keep in mind some yogurts are not equal for this function. Less processed is better  ;)

gadget99

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2015, 12:37:32 PM »
Gadget,
How do you use turmeric? I am willing to try anything to keep a cold away.  ;)

On another note: Two Mondays ago I got "that feeling" in the back of my throat. Started drinking a fizzy drink that MrsMac had bought at the pharmacy. It contained zinc. Drank the fizzy zinc drink every 4 hours or so through-out the day. Along with the fizzy drink I drank my usual drink of the day - Two to three ounces of lemon aide mixed with 12 ounces or so of unsweetened ice tea. That evening I had no hard cider or wine as I usually do.

The next morning I had no cold. Viola`!

Great question on the Turmeric.

A bit of a story here. About 5 years ago I met an Indian (India type of Indian) guy at my local Pub.

So we struck up a good friendship and our two families get together now and then. His wife taught mine how to properly cook Indian food.

So we were over at theirs on day and Cathy said she was getting a bit of a cold. Ashish's wife went to the kitchen and put in a coffee cup a teaspoon of Turmeric Powder with hot water. She told Cathy to drink it. It immediately soothed the tickle in the throat. At stopped the sinus draining thing. Taken like that or mixed in a broth every few hours will really help in a cold or flu situation.

I even take turmeric capsules every day.

When you get the time look up the benefits.

The Governments are resisting acknowledging that it has been found that Turmeric can prevent and stop the spread of Bowel Cancer.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2015, 06:25:08 PM »
GREAT write-up Gadget! Thx :thumbsUp: