Author Topic: From Clark Howard: Possible Prepper-related Excellent Christmas Sale?  (Read 1857 times)

Offline rah45

• Community Moderator
  • Live Free, or Die.
Guys, most of us don't think of computers as necessary in a WROL situation. We automatically go to the "no electricity/EMP" mindset of total WROL. However, the chance that it will be a very slow decline or only partial-WROL are just as good if not better. Heck, even if it involves constitutional resistance (I'll stop there), computers can be very valuable. Why? Information. Communication (if you have the know-how to work it). Even if you're computer-stupid, you have one extra machine that someone else who knows what he is doing can use. You have a secondary comms unit. You have an inexpensive decoy to the real McCoy that has all your tribe's/unit's essential info, and which is being transported through insecure territory. Tons of possibilities regarding visual/verbal communication and coded transmissions. Radios are fine. Computers offer different, more portable possibilities. I haven't seen a radio that lets you record transmissions then download it to a flash drive. I haven't seen a radio that holds schematics or a how-to book for reference or printing. Knowledge is power, and computers hold it.

Here is the link. If you can, pay attention this holiday season. Look for a good deal if you don't have a computer, don't have a "modern" computer with extended capabilities, or would like a "secondary" computer dedicated to prepping. You could just keep it in an EMP-protected area, never install anything on it except essential prepping/comms stuff, and let it sit. If you could figure out a way to stock some spare parts, as well as purchase a cheap solar panel charger for the battery, it might be well worth the investment. Just a thought.

http://www.clarkhoward.com/videos/clark-howard/shopping-retail/the-best-deal-of-the-holiday-season/vDxZJ/

My thought on this is: I would forward good deals on weapons, ammo, food, gear, and other supplies...why not computers?

Sorry about no video here...I didn't see a way to get the source, just the site link. There are no viruses or anything. It's a very up-front and popular, helpful site.