Author Topic: ?This is a Society Preparing For War?  (Read 514 times)

Offline Deathstyle

• Hardcore Prepper
?This is a Society Preparing For War?
« on: February 23, 2013, 12:35:11 PM »
The article is from The Daily Sheeple and pretty tells us stuff we already know about people preparing for something but includes info about logistical problems gun makers are facing in meeting demand.

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/guns-and-ammo-production-maxed-out-this-is-a-society-preparing-for-war-2_022013

President Barack Obama is, arguably, the best gun salesman ever. Over 65 million guns have been purchased since the President took office in 2009. FBI background check statistics indicate that, over the last twelve months, Americans purchased a new gun every 1.5 seconds, a figure which suggests there is much more to the recent panic buying than people just stocking up to go hunting or sports shooting.

The following guns and ammo industry report indicates that every major gun and ammunition manufacturer in the country is running at 100% capacity, with many so far behind that they?ve stopped taking new orders altogether.

Smith & Wesson-is running at Full capacity making 300+ guns/day-mainly M&P pistols. They are unable to produce any more guns to help with the shortages.

RUGER: Plans to increase from 75% to 100% in the next 90 days.

FNH: Moving from 50% production to 75% by Feb 1st and 100% by March 1. Remington-Maxed out!

Armalite: Maxed out.

DPMS: Can?t get enough parts to produce any more product.

COLT: Production runs increasing weekly?bottle necked by Bolt carrier?s.

LWRC:Making only black guns, running at full capacity?can?t get enough gun quality steel to make barrels.

Springfield Armory: Only company who can meet demand but are running 30-45 days behind.

AMMO: Every caliber is now Allocated! We are looking at a nation wide shortage of all calibers over the next 9 months. All plants are producing as much ammo as possible w/ of 1 BILLION rounds produced weekly. Most is military followed by L.E. and civilians are third in line.

MAGPUL is behind 1 MILLION mags, do not expect any large quantities of magpul anytime soon.

RELOADERS? ALL Remington, Winchester, CCI & Federal primers are going to ammo FIRST. There are no extra?s for reloading purposes? it could be 6-9 months before things get caught up. Sorry for the bleak news, but now we know what to expect in the coming months. Stay tuned, we?ll keep you posted?

Many who have exercised their Second Amendment protections are first time buyers concerned with Federal and State gun grabs being spearheaded by politicians who are using the Sandy Hook school shooting as a pretext to restrict access to personal defense rifles, larger capacity magazines, and even ammunition.

But this may only be a part of why there?s so much demand. There are millions of Americans who are genuinely concerned with not just the government taking their guns, but all of their other Constitutionally protected freedoms as well.

We understand what happens in regimes that disarm their people. We?ve seen the democide of the last century, which left hundreds of millions of people dead or displaced when their governments turned on them.

We are determined to prevent it from happening in the land of the free.

Manufacturers were running full-bore, but couldn?t come close to keeping up with market demand.

It wasn?t just the AR-15s, the AK-pattern rifles, the M1As, and the FALs that were sold out. It really hit me when I realized that the World War-era M1 Garands, M1 carbines, and Enfield .303s were gone, along with every last shell. Ubiquitous Mosin-Nagants?of which every gun store always seems to have 10-20?were gone. So was their ammo. Only a dust free space marked their passing. I?ve never seen anything like it.

Every weapon of military utility designed within the past 100+ years was gone.

This isn?t a society stocking up on certain guns because they fear they may be banned. This is a society preparing for war.

Source: Bob Owens via SteveQuayle.com

With over 300 million firearms in America in the hands of private citizens, the people are sending a loud and clear message to their government.

Back off. Stop encroaching on our personal liberties. Limit yourself to your Constitutionally granted powers and nothing more.

You?re not the only ones that are armed.

"Blackouts are God's way of saying, 'Don't worry 'bout it".

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Re: ?This is a Society Preparing For War?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 05:06:29 PM »
I just received this email from Midway:

MidwayUSA

Dear Valued Customer,
In the spring of ?77, I left the Air Force and moved to Columbia, MO to pursue my dream of running a gun shop. You see, I?d always loved the outdoors; especially shooting and hunting. Some of my fondest childhood memories involve shooting and hunting with my dad and brothers. Then, as an adult, some of my greatest joys have come while shooting and hunting with my wife, my kids, my friends and now my grandkids. I love this industry, I love our way of life and I love serving Customers.
Now, our way of life is being challenged like never before and our Customers are responding with a flood of orders. In the 35 years I?ve been in business, I?ve never seen anything like this.
We?re monitoring the political environment, our industry?s capabilities and our business on a daily basis and making policy and process changes to better serve Customers. But please understand, while we?re still able to get most orders out the same day they?re placed, you may experience longer than normal wait times on the phone or when you chat with us on the web. Also, it?s taking us a few extra days to respond to emails. Finally, we?re out of a bunch of products I know you want which breaks my heart. And when we do get them in, they rarely spend the night in the building because they?re ordered almost immediately. We?re tirelessly working to get products in the door and out to Customers as fast as we can. But, until supply catches up with demand, we?re having to limit quantities and backorders on certain products.
One thing we haven?t done is change our prices because of this surge in demand. Prices do change from time to time as they always have, but we?d never change prices because of something like this. Our pricing strategy is one of the reasons we?ve put quantity limits on certain products. We?ve all seen certain products selling two or three times higher than normal, and MidwayUSA doesn?t want to enable that type of activity. Also, we want to serve as many Customers as possible when we receive high-demand products. If it?s any consolation, none of our Employees can order products with quantity limits (myself included). We?ve all agreed to put Customers first. And that?s the way it?ll always be at MidwayUSA.
As always, everything we do is intended to be in the best interest of our Customers and we?re eternally grateful for your patience and loyalty.
Thanks for Your Business!
Larry Potterfield    Larry Potterfield
Larry Potterfield,
Founder and CEO of MidwayUSA

On another note: I to am having problems getting primers, powder and bullets. I have requests with several businesses to let me know when they receive those supplies in.

I contacted the guy who I use to buy most of my ammo off of Thursday asking him if he is still producing ammo and what did his pricing look like. He got back to me with an email stating he was still producing however there was a 60 day lead time. His prices did increase slightly, in the 3-4? range per round but his 7.62x39 ammo is now 75? per round.

I sent him an email busting his chops on this one and he told me that he is using brass casings which are hard to find, non corrosive primers (of course) and the FMJ bullets are in short supply. He went on to tell my brother that he can reload these casings not like the crappy Russian stuff he stock piled years ago.  :))

Any how: If you know of dealers who have primers, bullets (.223 for me) and powder (IMR 3031 in 8Lb jugs for me) let the forum know.

Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 03:53:00 PM »
Yeah, let us know!

Offline Deathstyle

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 06:56:46 PM »
Probably bought up by now but bravo company posted On facebook that they had ar mags for sale.
"Blackouts are God's way of saying, 'Don't worry 'bout it".

Offline mountainredneck2051

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 09:15:10 PM »
i can get all the powder you need
115 bucks for 8lbs powder
28 bucks per 1000 primers
Bursting bubbles since 2013

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 10:08:40 PM »
Mountain, PM me where. Heck let all of us know.  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 10:15:58 PM »
I wanted to post this separately from my request to Mntn.

I worry that the 'talk' of civil war may become a self-fulfilling prophecy. If we talk about it a lot and call for it a lot it will happen. I do not want civil war as through-out history no civil war was blood-less.

Just saying...   

CrystalHunter1989

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 10:32:21 PM »
I wanted to post this separately from my request to Mntn.

I worry that the 'talk' of civil war may become a self-fulfilling prophecy. If we talk about it a lot and call for it a lot it will happen. I do not want civil war as through-out history no civil war was blood-less.

Just saying...

I'll say it right here and now. ANYONE who agitates for war is a fool. Anyone who accepts the invitation because it might be "fun" or "exciting" is deprived of all sense. If history is to be any guide, a civil war, especially in this day and age, would leave a permanent scar on the heart of the nation that wouldn't fully heal until long after those involved were dead (WWI, Ireland's Troubles, etc.). Heck, the scars from the last war in America haven't fully healed.

But I don't think that's what we want at all. We believe that war is inevitable because multiple parties in this society have irreconcilable differences and are not capable of compromise or debate (Granted, the Bill of Rights is not up for debate, but lots of things are). We don't like thinking about it, we pray to God that it never happens, but the alternative to NOT fighting is weighed to be worse than death. Our government has passed numerous laws and established a extra-judicial militaristic apparatus that means they don't HAVE to negotiate.

In the war of 1861, those who wanted to fight were called "fire-eaters." I've read multiple period documents that did not portray them favorably. Most people on both sides wanted to affirm that war was a necessity, for a variety of reasons.

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2013, 12:08:55 AM »
Well written Crystal. I agree whole heartedly.

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2013, 12:23:31 AM »
wish for it? of course not. but don't let that moral high ground approach fool you into hanging onto any hope that it's avoidable.

hope like hell it doesn't happen, but keep your shit hot because it's fucking happening.
Rome is burning, and Obama is playing the fiddle - GAP

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2013, 08:56:20 AM »
Well written Crystal.