Author Topic: Marines Ordered to Take Down Gadsden Flag n New Rochelle, NY  (Read 383 times)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Marines Ordered to Take Down Gadsden Flag n New Rochelle, NY
« on: April 13, 2013, 09:01:23 AM »
When will it stop?
The United Veterans Memorial & Patriotic Association is fighting a New York town for the right to fly the Gadsden flag bearing the phrase, ?Don?t Tread On Me.?

The veterans group had flown the flag, used by the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps since 1775, at the New Rochelle Armory, but the city council claimed it was an offensive Tea Party symbol and voted to have the flag removed.

The Examiner reports that the city council voted 5 to 2 Wednesday to keep the veterans from hoisting the Gadsden flag. Council members said that because Peter Parente, president of the veterans group, is a Tea Party member, he is simply trying to make a political statement...

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/04/12/ny-town-removes-veterans-gadsden-flag-for-being-an-offensive-tea-party-symbol/
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
Re: Marines Ordered to Take Down Gadsden Flag n New Rochelle, NY
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 11:10:50 AM »
Thats some bullshit. The flag says dont tread on me and thats exactly what they did.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 12:01:04 PM »
A little background on the Gadsden flag, which I'm sure the butthurt city council members should read.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gadsden_flag

Offline WhiteWolfReloaded

• Senior Prepper
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 01:17:48 PM »
Day by day I look around and my home country is starting to feel like a foreign one. What used to be freedom of speech is now freedom to say what's politically correct only. This is like watching historical revisionist work right before your eyes. A slap in the face to everything good our nation stands for.

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 02:09:43 PM »
Not even ganna open the link. I'll be to pissed off all day if I do.

I can tell you this Marine Corp or not you touch any of my fuckin flags and there will be a god damn firefight.
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline RS762

• Committed prepper
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 07:29:25 PM »
The new guard is removing the symbology of the old guard, we saw this happen in Russia, China, and Cambodia.
Never really ends well.

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2013, 08:50:50 PM »
"United Veterans Memorial & Patriotic Association" sounds like a private club to me...