Author Topic: Is Tyranny Next? 165 Million Americans Are Dependents of the State  (Read 722 times)

Offline EJR914

• Hardcore Prepper
    • EJR914 Youtube Page
Is Tyranny Next? 165 Million Americans Are Dependents of the State
« on: September 20, 2012, 10:22:11 AM »
Forbes does the math:

New research from Ranking Member of the Senate Budget Committee Jeff Sessions (R-AL) reveals that this reality may already be here, with more than 107 million Americans on some form of means-tested government welfare.

Add to that 46 million seniors collecting Medicare (subtracting out about 10 million on Supplemental Security Income, Medicaid, and other senior-eligible programs already included in Sessions? means-tested chart) and 22 million government employees at the federal, state, and local level ? and suddenly, over 165 million people, a clear majority of the 308 million Americans counted by the U.S. Census Bureau in 2010, are at least partially dependents of the state.

Since President Obama took office in 2009, eligibility for Medicaid, food stamps, the earned income tax credit, the making work pay tax credit, and unemployment benefits has increased by roughly 10 million. To add insult to injury, Obama then unilaterally dismantled the work requirements that were the heart of the 1990?s welfare reform via an arbitrary executive order.

But it?s even worse than that. In fact, most voting-age Americans do not pay income taxes ? approximately 50.6 percent.

Please click this link and read the entire article, it gets better the more you read, IMHO:  http://www.forbes.com/sites/realspin/2012/08/15/165-million-americans-are-dependents-of-the-state-is-tyranny-next/

Ohh, the tyranny of the majority. Its going to be bad when the majority votes to take all of our rights away. The vast majority of people vote for candidates that are for the majority taking away rights, and we've already seen that to some extent, not just by the politician, but also by the people those politicians appoint. Its truly scary to think about. Also, scary to think about that one day people could just basically vote away your right to YOUR rightfully earned property as well.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Re: Is Tyranny Next? 165 Million Americans Are Dependents of the State
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 10:38:58 AM »
Well said EJR  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 11:17:09 AM »
Let me try again... Yeah theyve got America by the balls...
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 11:30:25 AM by Kentactic »
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline Grudgie

• Committed prepper
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 02:07:08 PM »
I haven't lost complete faith in our people yet. Romney and Obama are very close in the statistics.

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 02:18:28 PM »
So are they saying we should take away all VA benefits from veterans? They are part of the dependents of the state, in case you didn't know. The GOP and assorted hangers-on are in complete free-fall, and the next sound will be a giant 'splat' on November 6th.

[img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at

Offline Outonowhere

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 09:41:43 PM »
Anyone who believes that there is ANY difference between Rmoney and Obamao isn't paying attention.  Look at the voting records, the top contributors and their desires admitted in the past. 

Now chew on this lil nugget... Does gov cease to function if the presidency changes hands or do things continue to roll along?  How drastically do you think any change would be possible even if someone like Gary Johnson or Ron Paul actually got into office?

Power is a drug more addictive than any illicit chemical known to man and some people would rather die... or kill... to keep it.

Hope for humanity, sure I still got it.
Hope for a real change in this gov to what it was and should be... GONE.

Tick... Tock... Tick... Tock...
"A GREAT CONTRADICTION IS THE BELIEF IN STATES RIGHTS WHILE NOT SUPPORTING THE RIGHTS OF THE INDIVIDUAL."  - Me
Han shot first!

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 09:48:42 PM »
Agreed OONW  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline Grudgie

• Committed prepper
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2012, 10:59:24 PM »
Anyone who believes that there is ANY difference between Rmoney and Obamao isn't paying attention.  Look at the voting records, the top contributors and their desires admitted in the past.

Lol. Libertarian talking points.

Colombo

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2012, 12:58:50 AM »
Tyranny isn't next it's already here. Oppression, balkanization, corruption, ignorance, looting and narcissism are also coming to a boil right in front of us.

Anyone care to argue against any of that?

Offline EJR914

• Hardcore Prepper
    • EJR914 Youtube Page
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2012, 10:28:20 PM »
Nope, we've been under a "soft" tyranny for quite some time, and its getting closer to hare outright, overt tyranny everyday.  One day, we will just see outright tyranny, I may get to see it in my life time.  If that is the case, I only pray one thing.

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2012, 01:07:52 PM »
Nope, we've been under a "soft" tyranny for quite some time, and its getting closer to hare outright, overt tyranny everyday.  One day, we will just see outright tyranny, I may get to see it in my life time.  If that is the case, I only pray one thing.

"please god let my _______ find their _______."
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline Outonowhere

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2012, 07:13:45 PM »

"please god let my _______ find their _______."

"A GREAT CONTRADICTION IS THE BELIEF IN STATES RIGHTS WHILE NOT SUPPORTING THE RIGHTS OF THE INDIVIDUAL."  - Me
Han shot first!