Author Topic: Egan-Jones cuts USA Debt Rating to...  (Read 326 times)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Egan-Jones cuts USA Debt Rating to...
« on: September 15, 2012, 09:00:48 AM »
Egan-Jones cuts USA Debt Rating to AA-.

NEW YORK (AP) -- Egan-Jones, an independent credit research firm, downgraded its rating on U.S. government debt to AA- from AA on Friday, citing the Federal Reserve's new plans to try to stimulate the economy.

The credit rating agency said the central bank's plan, announced Thursday, to buy mortgage bonds will likely hurt the economy more than help it.

Egan-Jones is a much smaller but well-known competitor to the big three rating agencies: Moody's Investors Service, Fitch Ratings and Standard & Poor's.

Egan-Jones said the Fed's plan will weaken the value of the dollar and push up prices for oil and other commodities. That would leave less for consumers to spend on other things...

Many of you will say, "What ever." However this is one more 30d nail in America's coffin.

I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer and I can see what people are doing to our economy. So you ask: Is it being done by incompetence or by design? I think... by design.   

http://www.usatoday.com/money/business/story/2012/09/14/egan-jones-cuts-us-debt-rating-to-aa--from-aa/57783160/1
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
Re: Egan-Jones cuts USA Debt Rating to...
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 10:55:19 AM »
I dont know how much weight Egan-Jones carries but thats still a pretty serious development.

Oh and +1 for by design.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline EJR914

• Hardcore Prepper
    • EJR914 Youtube Page
Re: Egan-Jones cuts USA Debt Rating to...
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 09:57:55 AM »
Yep, this is not being done by incompetence, it is by design.  This IS a big deal, I don't care what anyone says.

When we keep getting downgraded (which up until a few years ago, had never happened in America's history) it sends a signal that America is not looking like they will repay their debt or the interest on the debt.  It is only natural by they way our politicians have continued to spend like a bunch of idiots.  Nobody in their private sector lives could get away with spending like this, so why does our national government get away with it?  The truth is, they won't forever, and there will be huge problems when the laws of Economics start playing into it, and the "perception" fades away.  The only reason we are not downgraded WORSE at this point is "perception."  When reality comes along, things will fall apart fast.