Author Topic: Dad Busted in Front of Son for Open Carrying in TX  (Read 446 times)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Dad Busted in Front of Son for Open Carrying in TX
« on: April 17, 2013, 09:56:00 AM »
Interesting story. I hope this dad sues the police department.

Army Master Sgt. C.J. Grisham was on a ten-mile Boy Scout hike with his son in Texas when he was arrested and accused of ?rudely displaying? his firearm.  Knowing there are wild boars, coyotes, and cougars in the area, he had an AR-15 rifle slung over his shoulder and was also carrying a .45 caliber pistol, according to Fox News? Todd Starnes.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/04/16/decorated-vet-arrested-after-rudely-displaying-his-rifle-says-officer-pulled-gun-on-him-in-front-of-boy-scouts/

Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline rah45

• Community Moderator
  • Live Free, or Die.
Re: Dad Busted in Front of Son for Open Carrying in TX
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 02:41:13 PM »
I saw that video. Those two officers need to be disciplined, and the entire department needs retraining on how to constitutionally interact with law-abiding citizens bearing arms.

Offline Skippy00004

• Committed prepper
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 03:22:08 PM »
Well I was in a good mood....  >:(
Don't pay attention to the man behind the curtain...

"I do believe that, where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence." --Mahatma Ghandi

CrystalHunter1989

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 03:32:49 PM »
I saw that video. Those two officers need to be disciplined, and the entire department needs retraining on how to constitutionally interact with law-abiding citizens bearing arms.

ALL cops need retraining on the Constitution. Until the doctrine of "officer safety" is abolished and done away with, nothing will chance. Imagine what would happen if firemen had a "fireman's safety" in place? Nothing good.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 07:23:25 PM »
In my opinion, the officers involved need to be terminated (fired) and the town needs to be sued. We need to put a stop to this kind of action ASAP.   
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 08:49:18 PM »
Damn id get out of Texas if i lived there... where else can we run to...hmm...Alaska? Yeah Alaska is good that stuff will never happen there.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline rah45

• Community Moderator
  • Live Free, or Die.
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 03:45:48 PM »

ALL cops need retraining on the Constitution. Until the doctrine of "officer safety" is abolished and done away with, nothing will chance. Imagine what would happen if firemen had a "fireman's safety" in place? Nothing good.

I agree. If it can start with cases such as these, and people can keep the momentum, perhaps advances can be made in that area. At least with sheriff's departments you can go to your sheriff and talk one on one, using cases like this as an example. Police departments? Not sure. They can be too intertwined with the city government to make change in that area likely, unless forced by a court.

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2013, 10:35:57 PM »
Self moderation tactic used. Insert here (  X. )
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline WhiteWolfReloaded

• Senior Prepper
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2013, 11:52:54 PM »
You ever wonder if it's really as simple as the appearance? I seen the video when it first popped up on the news. Honestly the cops were dicks. I wouldn't be that alarmed if I saw a guy walking around with an ar, but that may depend on his body language and dress. If he were dressed up like 50 Cent chances are good I'd call the cops. To the same extent a couple of guys walking around decked out in camo thinking they're operators may prompt me to that too. I wonder how a more conservative attired individual would have been treated who had the ar slung on his back instead. Would a civilian wearing an old fashioned Mexican loop holster be as "intimidating" to the officers?

I don't know. It's hard to say considering many counties don't even teach the gun laws to the fullest extent. Heck they're using "don't hesitate" targets so that ought to speak volumes. As we've been conditioned we ought to condition back.

Offline Outonowhere

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2013, 06:57:59 AM »
Self moderation tactic used. Insert here (  X. )
Seconded...
"A GREAT CONTRADICTION IS THE BELIEF IN STATES RIGHTS WHILE NOT SUPPORTING THE RIGHTS OF THE INDIVIDUAL."  - Me
Han shot first!