Author Topic: Cheaper Than Dirt, renamed Dirtier Than Dirt  (Read 1919 times)

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
Cheaper Than Dirt, renamed Dirtier Than Dirt
« on: December 18, 2012, 01:56:06 PM »
From their Facebook page....
Cheaper Than Dirt! is suspending online sales of firearms effective immediately. We are reviewing our policy internally, and will continue to be the leader in the outdoor industry with our full line of gear and accessories.

Also Dicks and Walmart seem to be following suit. Far be it for me to call for a boycott, but it's time to support those not willing to cave.

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
Re: Cheaper Than Dirt, renamed Dirtier Than Dirt
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 06:16:55 PM »
Government pressure...
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 06:22:48 PM »
People just have no balls! 
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 08:00:28 PM »
I'm telling you guys. Start burying your shit.
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline v0dka

• Firefigher EMT-P
  • Senior Prepper
  • flecktastic!!
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 08:40:20 PM »
Nothing is going to happen.
After the hurr durr im the joker shooting i panic buyed mags. The same doom and gloom thats happening then was happening now.

I can't wait until next week when all this bs with end of the world the government coming for your guns is over.
sic luceat lux

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 08:48:22 PM »
v0dka, I'm with you.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 09:25:25 PM »
I have a good friend who was an aide to a SE PA US Congressman, who's opinion I trust very much especially when it comes to The Hill, He told me this today...

If this event happened not in a Lame Duck Session of Congress and not during the holidays; It would have blossomed into some additional minor gun laws. He went on to explain: The fervor will diminish over the holidays and the new Congress will be sworn in the first week of January. Then the Football play-offs will start and everybody will loose interest.

He then said, "Now if something like this happens post the Super ball watch out."  His theory was all tin foiled hat stuff... Black Flag... Type scenario.   [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at

Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline v0dka

• Firefigher EMT-P
  • Senior Prepper
  • flecktastic!!
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2012, 09:31:04 PM »
Your right jmac everyone won't remember this ever happened after getting smashed during the holidays.

But I don't thing a event like this will make any laws appear these days Illinois just passed legal cc and ohio just strengthened their cc and general firearm laws.

Where getting more legislation free logical responses too. Like all the police departments stationing cops at schools.

Hopefully they start locking all the legitimately crazy assholes up too.
sic luceat lux

Offline Outonowhere

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2012, 10:52:03 PM »
I do not know what will happen but I will remind you you gentlemen and ladies of one thing...

December 31, 2011. Statement by the President on H.R. 1540. Today I have signed into law H.R. 1540, the "National Defense Authorization Act...

- Whitehouse.gov
"A GREAT CONTRADICTION IS THE BELIEF IN STATES RIGHTS WHILE NOT SUPPORTING THE RIGHTS OF THE INDIVIDUAL."  - Me
Han shot first!

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2012, 10:53:53 PM »
One thing that the worry warts over the election don't realize is, we are taking back the country one state at a time. How many conservative and or libertarian governors are their now? How many conservative state legislators are their now?

I spoke to a good friend in Washington earlier today. He told me that Washington is moving from the left to being more libertarian. When I moved there in 1980 the state was very independent. Than the folks from California arrived in the early '90's.

The thing to worry about Federally is the Supreme Court. That is where the left can put a serious dent to the Bill of Rights.

Offline RS762

• Committed prepper
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2012, 11:02:20 PM »
Cheaper Than Dirt=Pussies.
Wal-Mart=Pussies.
Dick's Sporting Goods=Pussies.

That is all.

Offline tominphx

• Senior Prepper
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2012, 03:04:59 AM »
Personally, I don't like to criticize other people's business decisions unless they genuinely don't make sense for the good of their business. If walmart, dicks, and CTD want to stop selling certain products, that is their prerogative. They likely did it because they thought it would protect their bottom line, and that is their main interest, not preserving our liberty.  Walmart also used to sell handguns, and because of pressure from anti gun groups stopped. I have no real problem with that. If the anti gunners want to convince people to voluntarily stop selling weapons, they have every right, and retailers have every right to choose to do so.  It is when the government, or anyone else, uses force or coercion to make retailers stop selling that it becomes immoral.

That said, I'm sure they would be sold out anyway, and from what I've heard, they still have them at walmart, just not displayed. Now all it would take is for some news team to go into a walmart, and show how "these evil baby murdering assault weapons are sold over the counter at walmart" in a ploy to play up the "proliferation of these weapons of mass destruction", and it's bad press for walmart, next thing you know, they permanently stop selling semi auto rifles, like they did with handguns.

I think the NRA, and retailers, did the smart thing by laying low the first few days after the shooting, there would have been no reasonable dialog, only pure emotionally driven insanity. We all saw the calls for the murder of NRA members even from elected officials.

Of course that now gives us ammo to use against them. "I need this rifle to protect me from people like you! You called for the mass murder of me and people like me! I'd say that's a pretty good reason to not give up my gun, or the ability to purchase more in the future." Even less genocidal responses from celebrities and elected officials were extreme to say the least, most calling for total gun confiscation and other tyrannical measures. We can now point to them and say, "See, they really do want to take ALL the guns, not just my black rifle."
It's better to have it and not need it ...

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2012, 03:19:27 AM »
...If walmart, dicks, and CTD want to stop selling certain products, that is their prerogative...
And if some people stop patronizing these franchises that cave to a certain political agenda, it is likewise those people's prerogative.  It's called "voting with your dollar," and it often works.
"It wouldn't do any good.  I've had the shit beat out of me a lot of times.  I just replenish with more shit."  - Billy McBride

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2012, 09:17:15 AM »
Thank you Tominphx for your logical and thoughtful post.

I sent CTD an email last evening asking them to clarify to me their current position on not selling weapons, ammo and certain accoutrements (That's accessories for you Finstein voters).

Based on their response (If any) I will vote with my dollar as Special K so elegantly pointed out.

Last night I read on FB that CTD had received over 5,000 negative hits on their site already and only 77 or so positive ones. There were also over 1,000 comments posted to their FB account. I took a few minutes to read some of them and everyone was not in favor of their decision. Many of the comments were also directed to their increase in magazine prices. In many cases 3 fold the original price. This is their decision as a private business to do so. If you don't want to pay their prices move along to a different retailer.

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2012, 10:48:34 AM »
I've done tons of business with CTD but won't any longer.. and not because of this horseshit but because they fell off.

Used to be that you could get really tight surplus from them and it was cheaper than dirt. You could buy Wolf ammo and steel mag once again for cheaper than dirt but now they are popular and all you can get from them is Tapco stocks and Black Rain t-shirts.

I will not do business with an outfit that over charges like fuck for products I know are not worth the money. I don't care who you are.

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2012, 01:14:34 PM »
I've done tons of business with CTD but won't any longer.. and not because of this horseshit but because they fell off.

Used to be that you could get really tight surplus from them and it was cheaper than dirt. You could buy Wolf ammo and steel mag once again for cheaper than dirt but now they are popular and all you can get from them is Tapco stocks and Black Rain t-shirts.

I will not do business with an outfit that over charges like fuck for products I know are not worth the money. I don't care who you are.
YES! THIS! ^^^^^

CTD is rarely cheap anymore.

Offline RS762

• Committed prepper
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2012, 07:32:52 PM »
It may be "voluntary" but they are still pussies.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2012, 07:54:44 PM »
I just received this from CTD.

http://go.emaildir2.com/l/a/dhi/7d/n0bk/q2h/xvuk/trouble.htm

I call this SPIN!

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2012, 08:56:34 PM »
Well there it is... They rather stop selling for a bit then piss off thousands of people with drag ass shipping times. My guess is they sold out their entire inventory and are waiting to refill it.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2012, 11:29:14 AM »
To the point, as earlier posted, their prices are no longer cheaper than dirt.

I just sent them an email asking them to take my name off their mailing list. I also unsubscribed from their e-mailing's.

If they had responded to my email with something like:

"Dear JohnyMac, we in fact over reacted to the tragedy in Connecticut; consequently we have rescinded our earlier selling decision. We would like to apologize to you and our other valued customers for our error. Here is a free shipping coupon for your next order."

I have found that if you are up front, don't make excuses and truly try to make amends, people will understand and move on.   

Offline mountainredneck2051

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2012, 12:14:11 PM »
$59 dollars for a pmag i get for $12 everywhere else
that alone is enough reason to give em the middle finger with my wallet

then they pull all their guns off the market and its time to send them a letter
either way they will never get another penny from me and i will do my best to keep anyone else from ever buying anything from them
Bursting bubbles since 2013

Offline RS762

• Committed prepper
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2012, 08:57:01 PM »
$100 USGI 30 rounders.
What a bunch of price-gouging hacks.

CheaperThanDirt Rippoff Again!

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2012, 10:16:02 AM »
I dont get it... dosent boycotting automatically happen when you go to buy stuff and its too expensive so then you dont... Im going to make a page for people who like liking stuff, "like if you like liking" it will say.
Simplicity Is Ideal...