Author Topic: Anonymous took us out yesterday  (Read 386 times)

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
Re: Anonymous took us out yesterday
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 12:22:40 PM »
Those motherfuckers..

Just goes to show how ineffective their attack was. The site went down and came back up twice before the problem was resolved.

Go GoDaddy!

By the way, if you guys are looking for hosting you could pay less but you won't get more than what GoDaddy offers. They have been more than willing to go the extra mile to help us build, operate and maintain this forum.

Alex1992

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 06:22:19 PM »
Man those those guys are complete clowns, I tell you what  :))

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 08:22:36 PM »
Im starting to think the govt is "Anonymous".. They make attacks and that gives them excuses to crack down on all aspects of the internet. Look at Fast and Furious. In that situation they got busted giving american guns to the bad guys to be able to blame American gun owners for it. This really is their MO at this point.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline Grudgie

• Committed prepper
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 08:44:03 PM »
Alright, I heard on the news that this wan't annonymous at all. Even if it was, it is hard to condemn all of Annonymous because it is such a broad and undefinable organization. In fact it is wrong to call it an 'organization' at all because they are barely organized as it is. Anyone can claim to be Annonymous, be acting with Annonymous, or be speaking for Annonymous and it is all BS. Annonymous is not one voice or one person. Anyone and everyone becomes Annonymous when they participate. And then they cease to be Annonymous when they don't participate. The only goal they seem to have in common is protecting free speech on the internet and causing trouble for those who try to infringe upon it.

I see them as both a mennace and a blessing. The kind of person you don't like but like to have on your side. Annonymous is rutheless and merciless and that can not be overlooked, but they also help defend internet freedom. They are a neccessary evil. They are like the pain that comes with the shot.

If you haven't noticed, the internet is the last stronghold and the final frontier of free ideas and thought and it is starting to be regulated by governments. In this way, I am thankful for an organization like Annonymous.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 09:49:52 PM by Grudgie »

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 09:01:40 PM »
The fact that Go Daddy hosts this site doesn't change the fact that Go Daddy openly supported SOPA and PIPA.  Go Daddy can go fuck itself with a 3-foot long, disease encrusted, phallic-shaped object as far as I'm concerned!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 09:06:14 PM by special-k »
"It wouldn't do any good.  I've had the shit beat out of me a lot of times.  I just replenish with more shit."  - Billy McBride

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 09:13:29 PM »
I dont get why theyd attack the "good guys" sites just because these good guys are hosted by idiots. It would be kind of like blowing up a Fema camp with all the civilian prisoners in it. I wonder how many millions of dollars were lost because these sites were down.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 10:30:13 PM »
The fact that Go Daddy hosts this site doesn't change the fact that Go Daddy openly supported SOPA and PIPA.  Go Daddy can go fuck itself with a 3-foot long, disease encrusted, phallic-shaped object as far as I'm concerned!

eh.. it's good hosting  ::)