Author Topic: 2012 Presidential Elections, Did you vote?  (Read 1442 times)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Re: 2012 Presidential Elections, Did you vote?
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2012, 01:26:16 PM »
Thank you ThatGirl for your comments.

My wife is so despondent today concerning the outcome of the election it is unbelievable. She was bummed when we got flooded out during Sandy but nothing like this.

I think it is because she has control over cleaning up the house but no control of what happened yesterday.

I can see the wheels turning...She just asked me how many rounds of 5.56Nato I have on hand.  :)) We may be going off the grid sooner than later  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

1000meterstare

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2012, 12:27:26 AM »
I don't see anything in the Constitution mandating a 2-party system.  The current mechanism is defiled, twisted, and broken.  I refuse to participate in it.

Offline Grudgie

• Committed prepper
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2012, 01:18:58 AM »
aThe problem isn't the partys. It's the ignorant voters. Even if there were no partys the people would vote for the candidate that promises to give them the most from the public treasury. Or in this case, the fed.

Offline thatGirl

• Senior Prepper
  • Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2012, 10:52:17 AM »
Yeah, my sister who is normally pretty reserved called me the night of the elections when we already knew the outcome, talking about how depressed she was that people are stupid and she has to suffer for it.  I'm trying to keep a positive outlook on this because I am in the middle of a graduate school program.  I was between a rock and a hard place voting because I need funding, but I also want that funding to come from a balanced budget and not from China.  I have to believe that the system will stay in tact, even if it's broken, or else there's no point to me putting all of this time and effort into a higher education.  That's why I haven't been 100% on-board with prepping.  All I've been willing and able to wrap my head around is that it's great to prepare because of inflation, it's good to buy local and/or grow your own crops because it's cheaper and better for the environment, etc...  I won't let myself get too worked up over this until I have to, or else I'll lose all motivation to work on my research.  I always tell TG that I'll prepare for the future under the scenario of "life as usual" where we are broke as shit, but still have jobs, and he can prepare for WROL, either way we're covered I hope...

It's a real SOB, the reason for it, but it's great that your wife is coming around to your way of thinking JM  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

You have freedom when you're easy in your harness.
Robert Frost

Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday.
John Wayne

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2012, 07:10:32 PM »
Shaky future for our country.  I'd say that is correct.  What Obama is going to do to with his Supreme Court picks in the next four years, (in truth you can probably read that "until his death from old age") will change this country permanently and for ever.  People with money who aren't buying guns are moving their money out of the country and making plans to follow it.  This isn't speculation, this is a lot like Germany when Hitler came to power.  The rich are leaving while they still can.  I know a Doctor who is moving her money to an account in Germany and checking her passport.   

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Offline gapatriot

• Committed prepper
    • Homefront defense
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2012, 01:38:51 AM »
I want to bring a little happiness to this thread Constitutional Peasants