Author Topic: The last of us, brutal looking survival game E3 2012  (Read 2010 times)

Offline RS762

• Committed prepper
The last of us, brutal looking survival game E3 2012
« on: June 07, 2012, 12:09:16 PM »
The Last of Us - Gameplay Demo - E3 2012

That last scene is kinda chilling "Don't!"
The whole taking multiple .357 rounds wasn't quite realistic, but overall this game looks crazy realistic.
almost makes me want to get a PS3

Offline WhiskeyJack

• Committed prepper
Re: The last of us, brutal looking survival game E3 2012
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 12:33:44 PM »
Im not a gamer and i want to play that. Holy crap....
Good whiskey, makes Jack Rabbit smack da bear.

Offline EJR914

• Hardcore Prepper
    • EJR914 Youtube Page
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 12:59:35 PM »
 [img]http://www.smileydesign.n

Hell yeah, that shit looks awesome!   [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

Offline mountainredneck2051

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 01:17:11 PM »
you can take just as many 357 rounds as you can 9mm rounds........  shot placement

but that game looks fucking fantastic
Bursting bubbles since 2013

Offline Skippy00004

• Committed prepper
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 01:57:38 PM »
Fuck yes!!!!

[URL=http://www.smileyvault.co
Don't pay attention to the man behind the curtain...

"I do believe that, where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence." --Mahatma Ghandi

Colombo

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 05:32:49 PM »
I'm not a gamer but I feel like throwing in an opinion / observation in here.

Speed of movement particularly before contact in these videos I've seen seems completely out of whack. There seems to be no real world relation to proper observation and movement not to mention other senses like smell, sound and feel in the pictured environments. Observation of an area seems to be completely for targets but not sign or tells. I would expect quite a few people with heavy video game experience to be making some very deadly blunders in an actual situation. "Training" in these games could become a serious handicap if the brain reverts to what looks familiar and by playing one is in fact training. Some examples that come immediately to mind are the bad guys look like one would be able to smell them quite a distance away not to mention looting eats up both brain power, attention to environment, and noise discipline. I suspect the greatest weapons were some of these game scenarios real would be a good pair of binoculars and an understanding that running around like a swat team badass doesn't always work. 

Maybe I'm just nit picking. It does look entertaining.

Offline APX808

• Administrator
    • APX R4nt5
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 06:23:10 PM »
Wow, it looks amazing, although it seems heavily scripted to look cool in the demo.

It reminds me of a game called "I am Alive", here is the trailer

I Am Alive - Gameplay Trailer (PC, PS3, Xbox 360)

If you aren't into gaming much but you want to watch the game like a tv show, you can see the complete "I am alive" gameplay in here

I Am Alive - Gameplay Walkthrough - Part 1 - Return (Xbox 360/PS3) [HD]

Offline luis545x39

• Prepper Apprentice
  • the one and only TTM
    • my channel
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 10:56:35 PM »
looks sick
Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
       -luke 22:36

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 11:14:46 PM »
First thought when bitch got owned.

The Hangover - In The Face
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2012, 02:23:19 AM »

Speed of movement particularly before contact in these videos I've seen seems completely out of whack. There seems to be no real world relation to proper observation and movement not to mention other senses like smell, sound and feel in the pictured environments. Observation of an area seems to be completely for targets but not sign or tells. I would expect quite a few people with heavy video game experience to be making some very deadly blunders in an actual situation. "Training" in these games could become a serious handicap if the brain reverts to what looks familiar and by playing one is in fact training. Some examples that come immediately to mind are the bad guys look like one would be able to smell them quite a distance away not to mention looting eats up both brain power, attention to environment, and noise discipline. I suspect the greatest weapons were some of these game scenarios real would be a good pair of binoculars and an understanding that running around like a swat team badass doesn't always work. 

not to mention, he doesn't know who the fuck those guys were, him attacking a non confirmed threat makes him the bad guy in my book,

Offline rah45

• Community Moderator
  • Live Free, or Die.
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2012, 09:32:48 PM »

not to mention, he doesn't know who the fuck those guys were, him attacking a non confirmed threat makes him the bad guy in my book,

Not true. When they first became aware of those other guys, it was because they were talking about having killed another group of people. The other guys also called the main character by that name (didn't quite catch it) when they realized he had killed the first man. So, it seems he did know they were the enemy. I completely support preemptive strikes.  ;)

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2012, 09:38:10 PM »
damn it man your killing me on the details
i didnt catch any of that.....

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2012, 07:26:13 PM »
That rear naked choke was text book. That dude passing the fuck out is legit. 5-7 seconds and your out. No blood to the brain = sleep.
I wouldn't trust that he would stay out unless I held it for a tad bit longer. He probably should have smashed him over the head, or crushed/slit the jug.

My $0.02 on something I noticed.
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2012, 08:38:06 PM »
That rear naked choke was text book. That dude passing the fuck out is legit. 5-7 seconds and your out. No blood to the brain = sleep.
I wouldn't trust that he would stay out unless I held it for a tad bit longer. He probably should have smashed him over the head, or crushed/slit the jug.

My $0.02 on something I noticed.

you always tie up your loose ends

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2012, 08:42:06 PM »
Always.

I mean really man, dude was already basically in the rear mount, dude wasn't resisting at all. It wouldn't take much to just crush the pipe or stick a knife in it. Sounds like I'm trying to be ninja here but its really not. You gotta do what you gotta do and a knife to the throat isn't much from an incapacitated person.

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2012, 09:17:18 PM »
Always.

I mean really man, dude was already basically in the rear mount, dude wasn't resisting at all. It wouldn't take much to just crush the pipe or stick a knife in it. Sounds like I'm trying to be ninja here but its really not. You gotta do what you gotta do and a knife to the throat isn't much from an incapacitated person.

agreed, never leave an asshole around to pull a hideaway gun and shoot you in the back or put you in a crossfire

Offline APX808

• Administrator
    • APX R4nt5
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2013, 12:48:33 PM »
The game is out, and let me tell you is fucking awesome!
Is an extremely adult and dark game...

As I don't have a console or the time and patience to play the games, I'm watching the game as a TV show on youtube, you can watch the entire game without comments, just like a movie in here:

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaxOALDYdsnkRkdyd05hXpg

But you'll need to wait until June 14th because of licensing issues.

If you want to start enjoying it anyway, you can start watching chapter 2 here:

The Last of Us Walkthrough Part 2: The Quarantine Zone

(Chapter 1 is available from various youtube channels, just do a search)

Offline APX808

• Administrator
    • APX R4nt5
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2013, 12:50:26 PM »
I found a guy that is uploading the game in smaller episodes, here is the beginning

The Last Of Us Gameplay Walkthrough Part 1 Hometown (1080p) PS3