Author Topic: new season of the walking dead starting up soon!  (Read 14553 times)

Offline mountainredneck2051

• Hardcore Prepper
Re: new season of the walking dead starting up soon!
« Reply #200 on: February 27, 2012, 09:21:49 PM »
i stand corrected

i just went by, he's a cop with a glock chances are its a glock 22...........
Bursting bubbles since 2013

Offline WhiteWolf

• Committed prepper
  • Once more into the fray.......
« Reply #201 on: March 04, 2012, 10:12:54 PM »
 ??? Wasn't expecting that  :(

On the other hand. My wife and I were sitting here discussing the fate of that kid and what we'd do. Can't say I'd have the conviction to kill him, but I'm certainly leaning that way. Particularly the way he was talking about the family with girls his group found.  [img]http://www.smileydesign.n The only other option I'd really see is making him forced labor and keeping a guard over him (Same guard watching the camp). Simply tell him he's zombie bate. If he doesn't work the field no one protects him. Just to point a couple things out though:

#1 If Rick didn't rescue him-problem solved.
#2 If Rick would've let him go- BIG PROBLEM
#3 If Herschel would've just cut the kids leg off-less of a problem.

Moral of the story? Don't go out of your way to save the unrighteous at your own expense because you run a great risk of being dragged down yourself. Don't read to much in to that though, we are talking about a tv show.  :P

"You must pay the price if you wish to secure the blessing."
Andrew Jackson

Offline Kobalt

• Committed prepper
« Reply #202 on: March 04, 2012, 10:38:26 PM »
My reaction to the end.
Fan out your shots. We want everyone to get some.

UnBroken

« Reply #203 on: March 04, 2012, 11:06:44 PM »
As far as the busted leg guy... They should of killed him end of story.

I just love how everyone was shiting on Sophia's mom for not watching her. But yet ricks kid is off showing signs of being a damn ceral killer. And no one is around... and in the end it kills dale.

With dale getting killed there is no one else willing to stand up for the moral thing to do. It will be very interesting to see how this train will role before it goes off the tracks.

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #204 on: March 04, 2012, 11:12:50 PM »
So six guys and I guess one woman( on the farm) against 30(raiders).   What actions would you suggest they take against that group?

Edit:  I forgot the black guy because he hasn't been active lately.  So I changed the number from 5 to 6.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 11:22:30 PM by sledge »

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

UnBroken

« Reply #205 on: March 04, 2012, 11:31:09 PM »
So six guys and I guess one woman( on the farm) against 30(raiders).   What actions would you suggest they take against that group?
I count 7 men and 6 women. What would i do.... I would do some Intel gathering and see if they even know about the farm. Remeber one guy ran off in the truxk because of the zeds coming and the fire fight happening..... The driver never heard a word about the farm.

The wolf pack doesn't even know about the farm, I would want to knpw where they are and if they are a real threat or are they just men with familes trying to make the best out of life.

You can do alot by just listening and watching. If they seem like they WILL do more harm then good... Id burn there camp to the ground and scavenge for supplies out pf what is left.

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #206 on: March 04, 2012, 11:49:12 PM »
The guys I'm counting are Rick, Shane, Glenn, Daryl, T-Dog, and Hershel.  The woman is Andrea.  I don't see the kid or any of the other women as able to fight.

Andrea has already proven she can hit at distance (not mortally) so maybe she could be over watch.

My thoughts are that the raiders are sending out intel patrols of from 4 to 5 (like the ones at the bar).  Probably at least two intel groups a day looking to locate new supplies and the next night's campground.  (The kid said they moved everyday.)  That would leave about 20 to guard the women and supplies in the raiders camp.

Eventually, the raiders would come across the farm.  The one guy who escaped in the truck has provided intel to the raiders that there are at least a few armed guys in the area.  I'm sure the raiders see them as a threat as well.

I've got a few ideas about this but want to see what everyone else thinks.     

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #207 on: March 05, 2012, 12:24:38 AM »
I'm losing interest in this show.

So many things should have been done differently its really pissing me off.  [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #208 on: March 05, 2012, 02:10:49 AM »
sledge your forgetting the 18-20 year old guy that is in hershals bunch

jimmy i think?  ???

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #209 on: March 05, 2012, 08:30:30 AM »

jimmy i think?  ???

What?  Jimmy?  Where the hell has he been?  LOL!  Ok add one to the mix.  Although I don't know if he'll be any more help than Glenn.

UnBroken

« Reply #210 on: March 05, 2012, 10:27:51 AM »

jimmy i think?  ???

What?  Jimmy?  Where the hell has he been?  LOL!  Ok add one to the mix.  Although I don't know if he'll be any more help than Glenn.

Yea when i did my count I added him and the dude with the crossbow... I hope they start introducing new  people that are good.... I'm really hoping for Sgt. Ford..... Look him up.

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #211 on: March 05, 2012, 11:00:30 AM »

jimmy i think?  ???

Yea when i did my count I added him and the dude with the crossbow... I hope they start introducing new  people that are good.... I'm really hoping for Sgt. Ford..... Look him up.

I looked up Sgt Ford.  I'm not sure which one he is.  There were several.  Sgt. Joshua A. Ford, David Ford (Sgt Ford), Sgt. Joshua Ford, Sgt Joseph Andrew Ford, Sgt. Richard L. Ford, and even a Ford Racing M-6066-SGT - Ford Racing.

Yeah, I agree they need some more new people.  Preferably with either a military or a redneck background.  LOL!

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #212 on: March 05, 2012, 12:15:40 PM »
What is odd, is the complete lack of non-zombie, living military personal that we've seen in both seasons so far.

UnBroken

« Reply #213 on: March 05, 2012, 12:37:26 PM »
Sgt. Andrew Ford is my favorite person in the comics. He was a sgt in the army and a coach, family was killed( turned into a zed buffet) right in front of him... 

There are alot more prior service in the comics. I think the show just wants to tell the story of regular people..... For the most part... My hope is they finnaly kill off shane and go to the prison next season.

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #214 on: March 05, 2012, 02:04:50 PM »
Sgt. Andrew Ford is my favorite person in the comics. He was a sgt in the army and a coach, family was killed( turned into a zed buffet) right in front of him... 

There are alot more prior service in the comics. I think the show just wants to tell the story of regular people..... For the most part... My hope is they finnaly kill off shane and go to the prison next season.

I personally think this show is somewhat anti-gun I mean come on, you stroll back into Atlanta to get a bag of shotguns and some pistol ammo when there are dead dudes all over the place with M4's

Come one man. [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at

Oh wait I forgot, picking up something that isn't yours is so new age because of the disaster.... I wouldn't want to forget our humanity DOUBLE  [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

UnBroken

« Reply #215 on: March 05, 2012, 03:08:46 PM »

I personally think this show is somewhat anti-gun I mean come on, you stroll back into Atlanta to get a bag of shotguns and some pistol ammo when there are dead dudes all over the place with M4's

Come one man. [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at

Oh wait I forgot, picking up something that isn't yours is so new age because of the disaster.... I wouldn't want to forget our humanity DOUBLE  [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at

Yea there is alot of shit you and i would do alot different then them .. but there are alot of things they cant air and a lot of things that try and make a better story.... Personally im pissed that the only person i have seen with a real weapon in that show is a scientist that lasted two episodes..... It's a joke. Even LEO HAS TRAINING ON THE M4 WTF.

I read the comics and i love the show. It's better tv then most of the shit thats on. So would i rather watch some bullshit, or zombies get blown apart... ill take the zombies.

Zombies have always been my thing. Reading it, watching it playing it... Funny they where my worst nightmare when i was a kid [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at

UnBroken

« Reply #216 on: March 05, 2012, 03:17:58 PM »
Also, handing half of your bag of weapons to a bunch of gangbangers guarding old people...there are so many things wrong with that episode.... That is the one i was screaming at the tv on how full of shit it was

Offline WhiteWolf

• Committed prepper
  • Once more into the fray.......
« Reply #217 on: March 05, 2012, 04:25:54 PM »

Edit:  I forgot the black guy because he hasn't been active lately.  So I changed the number from 5 to 6.

#1 Tighten security.
#2 Fortify the house, barn, food, and water.
#3 No one leaves the house or barn without another person, both carrying.
#4 No recon. The only people who really know the area are Herschel and his family. Rick and the others only know it well enough to go back the way they came. If someone gets caught they can easily be tortured and cough up everything about who's there and what they have.

#5 Hope that group loses some folks to starvation, the cold, and some walkers.
"You must pay the price if you wish to secure the blessing."
Andrew Jackson

Offline EJR914

• Hardcore Prepper
    • EJR914 Youtube Page
« Reply #218 on: March 05, 2012, 04:50:54 PM »
I count 7 men and 6 women. What would i do.... I would do some Intel gathering and see if they even know about the farm. Remeber one guy ran off in the truxk because of the zeds coming and the fire fight happening..... The driver never heard a word about the farm.

The wolf pack doesn't even know about the farm, I would want to knpw where they are and if they are a real threat or are they just men with familes trying to make the best out of life.

You can do alot by just listening and watching. If they seem like they WILL do more harm then good... Id burn there camp to the ground and scavenge for supplies out pf what is left.

This is what I would do.  Not to mention its a shame nobody in the group knows a thing about small unit tactics, as they could train the men and woman that they do have, and could probably take out the 20 left at the camp, and then properly ambush the other 10 as the return to camp. 

I agree with Reaver, though, there are so many things that you just have to dismiss to watch this show, it really just pisses me off sometimes, and there are so many other things that I would do differently as well.

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #219 on: March 05, 2012, 06:01:27 PM »
personally i would have made a big enough explosion to bring in zeds from miles and miles on them  8)

lets see just how well armed off that group is if they get 100's of em coming in on them

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #220 on: March 05, 2012, 08:32:37 PM »
yeah, I agree with some recon  too

hunkering down and waiting for a stick to slide into your ass just doesn't fit well with me.
There is a time and a place to do that and IMO this just isn't it.

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #221 on: March 05, 2012, 10:32:39 PM »
personally i would have made a big enough explosion to bring in zeds from miles and miles on them  8)

lets see just how well armed off that group is if they get 100's of em coming in on them

I considered something very much like that.   :)  I think that plan has some merit.

Offline EJR914

• Hardcore Prepper
    • EJR914 Youtube Page
« Reply #222 on: March 06, 2012, 08:21:49 AM »

Great idea.  If nothing else, you get to see how proficient they are, you probably kill a few of them, and you waste a lot of their ammo.  At best, they almost all get killed.

Then after they are down, you could finish them off.

Offline EJR914

• Hardcore Prepper
    • EJR914 Youtube Page
« Reply #223 on: March 06, 2012, 08:22:26 AM »
yeah, I agree with some recon  too

hunkering down and waiting for a stick to slide into your ass just doesn't fit well with me.
There is a time and a place to do that and IMO this just isn't it.

There is never a time and place to let a stick slide into your ass.  LOL

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #224 on: March 06, 2012, 03:38:17 PM »
Well if we are going to use an explosion to draw them, we will have to search for more duct tape.  [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at

( anyone with any explosives knowledge will get that one )