Author Topic: Time to introduce myself  (Read 2051 times)

Offline sdoon1

• Prepper Apprentice
Time to introduce myself
« on: September 25, 2013, 02:16:55 PM »
Hi All! I have been reading this forum for a little while and should finally introduce myself so I can chime in. I am Jonny Mac's BOL neighbor, I think he calls me Mrs. Farmer! My husband and I moved to this location about 6 years ago to start to grow our own food and learn to be more self-sufficient. We have a young son whom I am homeschooling this year. I am a teacher by trade but have not been able to secure full time employment at the local school district. With the new "Common Core' Curriculum I don't want to teach right now anyway.  We have been preparing for whatever is coming down the pike and are glad to be John's and Karen's neighbors. I hope to learn more about what everyone else's thought are on the 'prepping subject'.  I love to talk politics and consider myself a conservative, Christian woman. I don't like what I see happening to our great nation and hope the small changes I do will make a difference.
 Just need to choose an avitar now.

Susan
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 05:41:03 PM by sdoon1 »

Offline APX808

• Administrator
    • APX R4nt5
Re: Time to introdude myself
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 02:25:04 PM »
Welcome to UnchainedPreppers Susan!

I had seen you around but always silent, nice that you decided to stop being a "mute prepper"  :pirateThumbUp:

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 02:40:08 PM »
Welcome Susan.  :thumbsUp:

Offline Well-Prepared Witch

• Committed prepper
    • The Well-Prepared Witch
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 03:15:57 PM »
Welcome Susan!  Nice to meet you.  I've really found this to be a great forum with interesting stuff to learn. 

- Wellie
If that which you seek you find not within yourself, you shall never find it without.  - Charge of the Goddess, Doreen Valiente
http://wellpreparedwitch.com

Offline rah45

• Community Moderator
  • Live Free, or Die.
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 03:17:32 PM »
Welcome, Susan! Glad you decided to join us.  :thumbsUp:

Offline mariecurtishomes

• Prepper Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 03:46:09 PM »
Susan..Welcome ...and keep up the good work!   

Offline USMC0331

• Prepper
  • fka. "DVCPrepper"
    • MRPC
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 05:43:22 PM »
Welcome! Always good to have another homesteader resource!!
---
"Do nothing which is of no use."  - Miyamoto Musashi
Gal 5:19-21 -God

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2013, 11:19:28 PM »
Welcome Susan.  Glad that you found your voice, or more accurately, fingers.  I think that it's wonderful that more and more ladies are joining and taking part in the forum.  I think that it's nice to hear from a woman's point of view on things .  Especially since that point of view doesn't have anything to do with what I personally need to be doing or changing.  Wow, sorry, freudian slip there.

So welcome, I look forward to hearing what you have to say.     

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2013, 01:01:02 PM »
Welcome aboard Susan, like Sledge said it's always good to have an outside opinion from a 3rd party female. As men we think about thing diffently and often forget whole aspects of modern life in our preps. I can't wait to see what you bring, no pressure.

Ben
aka thatGuy

Offline Outonowhere

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2013, 01:02:08 PM »
Welcome aboard!
"A GREAT CONTRADICTION IS THE BELIEF IN STATES RIGHTS WHILE NOT SUPPORTING THE RIGHTS OF THE INDIVIDUAL."  - Me
Han shot first!

Alex1992

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2013, 02:27:54 PM »
Glad you joined us welcome to Unchained Preppers Susan I hope you enjoy the forum  :dancingBanana:

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2013, 09:37:00 AM »
Yahoo! Welcome to the forum sdoon!! :dancingBanana:

Sdoon and her husband are a great resource in many prepping topics that are way to long to list here. Many of which they learned the hard way via Trial and Error.  ;) They are more than willing to stop what they are working on to share their knowledge with anyone who is willing to learn. 

There son is pretty dang smart and can talk politics better than most people twice his age. He has a fondness for home baked bread and farm raised pork. I should also add that he is a crack shot with his BB gun and is working his way through the many Taekwondo levels!

This family is the real thing, living life on their terms and beholding to none other than the good Lord.

I am stoked that they are here. Welcome!  :thumbsUp:

Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

hjmoosejaw

Re: Time to introduce myself
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2013, 12:45:10 AM »
Welcome Aboard Susan! Glad you're here. :thumbsUp: