Author Topic: Sledge  (Read 2825 times)

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
Sledge
« on: June 11, 2013, 03:23:59 PM »
Hello Folks,
I'm Sledge.  It's a nickname that evolved from when I was in the service.  I'm a slightly past middle age guy who is in pretty good shape.  I was originally on Lock and Load, when Straight Prep took it's place I traveled to that site.  Now that it's going on to bigger and better things, I've made myself at home here.

I'm a bit of a tin foil hatter.  If fact, though it's never been said, I fully believe that on Straight Prep thatguy initiated the tin foil hat board in my honor. [Or to find a place to hide my posts.  :)]    I have this uncontrollable urge to know what is going on in the news and to try to put the pieces together to form a picture.

Having worked for one company that closed and another that sold, I've decided I'm going to make my own way so that I don't have to count on a company to keep me fed.  So I got a part time job in a treasure museum as security, opened an LLC, and I'm using what I learned in the military and since to teach firearms and self defense courses.  It's not the GI Bill or the VA, but it will do.  Thank you Uncle Sam.

I currently live in Florida, but have properties in NE Arkansas in the Ozarks that I plan to make my way to.  I have a prepper girlfriend who lives a couple of towns over.  She's in really great shape too.  :)  And we're working on our prepping plans on pretty much a continual basis.

I like the group of people that I've met on this and the previous sites.  They are a good bunch.  (Reaver that includes you.  I tease you every chance I get, but I am really fond of you.  No Homo.)

If I can help any of the new members, and I guess the old ones, just let me know.   

« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 03:25:42 PM by sledge »

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Re: Sledge
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 03:29:09 PM »
Welcome Sledge!

Sledge has always been the voice of reason for me even when we are trading Tin Foil Hatted theories. His calm and methodical approach to challenges makes him a good guy to share a foxhole with (no homo intended).  :cheers:
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

hjmoosejaw

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 06:28:36 PM »
Welcome Sledge!

Sledge has always been the voice of reason for me even when we are trading Tin Foil Hatted theories. His calm and methodical approach to challenges makes him a good guy to share a foxhole with (no homo intended).  :cheers:

And don't forget, he's one of the founding members of our "old farts" club. :cheers:

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 07:04:26 PM »
Between you, I and Sledge... I think we ARE the "old Farts Club".  :hiding:

Hey how about an avatar there hj? I picture a guy dressed in deer skins holding a Hawken rifle and a pipe with tobacco smoke culring up from the bowel.  ;)
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

hjmoosejaw

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 08:04:31 PM »

That's sad, isn't it? LOL

Hey how about an avatar there hj? I picture a guy dressed in deer skins holding a Hawken rifle and a pipe with tobacco smoke culring up from the bowel.

Yeah, that sounds like a good avatar. I'm working on ideas. If all else fails, I'll use the old one. Still trying to corral my daughter, to help me with it. You know how computer savvy I am. I could always put up the old one, then change it if I want to. If somebody wants to tell me how to do it, feel free. I'm heading out to work, in a little while. Maybe, I'll get it changed tomorrow. Thought about digging up an old pic of myself, from back in my "mountain man rendezvous" days.     Boy, I messed up this quote and reply thing. See what I mean about my computer savvy?

Offline APX808

• Administrator
    • APX R4nt5
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 08:12:50 PM »
Hey  hjmoosejaw

Here you have a video tutorial I made on how to change your avatar, is extremely easy, it takes you less than a minute

http://unchainedpreppers.com/forum/help-a-brother-prepper-out/how-to-update-your-avatar/

hjmoosejaw

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 08:28:41 PM »
Hey  hjmoosejaw

Here you have a video tutorial I made on how to change your avatar, is extremely easy, it takes you less than a minute

http://unchainedpreppers.com/forum/help-a-brother-prepper-out/how-to-update-your-avatar/

Cool, Thanks!

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2013, 09:16:52 PM »

LOL!  Yeah, I think that you are right JM and HJ.  But there is something to be said for being cunning enough to live this long.  I always wondered if God had me here to complete a purpose.  I've always been concerned that one day I'll be busily doing something.  And it will suddenly dawn on me that what I am doing at that moment is the sole reason that I was put here for.  Mission completed.  It would be an 'Uh, Oh moment".  And my tin foil hat would really start buzzing out of concern for my future prospects.   :faint:       

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2013, 12:24:17 AM »
 :cheers:
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.