Author Topic: Skippy00004  (Read 1926 times)

Offline Skippy00004

• Committed prepper
Skippy00004
« on: June 13, 2013, 11:54:14 PM »
Hey guys,

I've been part of this group all the way back to LnL to StraightPrep and now to Unchained.  I've always enjoyed the conversation and flow of ideas which is why I'll always be around.  :cheers:

The name Skippy came from when I was working on a pumpkin patch in 4th grade.  I kept tripping over the damn pumpkin vines and my boss yelled "Hey skippy quit foolin around!"  So the name stuck the whole time I was there.  the 00004 came from the year I created my online persona through AOL Instant Messanger in 2004.  "04" was taken and so was "004" so I skipped (no pun intended) the third zero and went straight for 00004. Now it's become my online handle, so if you ever see my name anywhere on the interwebz, that's me.

I'm one of the younger members coming in at 21 years of age.  I'm an avid rock climber and prefer to be outdoors as much as possible.  I've loved guns ever since I was little, and my 18th birthday present to myself was the best present I've ever gotten (Smith & Wesson M&P 15 in 5.56 with a 1 in 7 twist).  I'm looking to get my skydiving "A" license this summer because its what I want to do with my future career.  I'm studying Film Production and would like to become an aerial videographer and film people in free-fall.

I guess I got into the prepping mindset my Junior year of high school.  I've always been one to question things and never did do well with "because I said so" (still don't), and when I stumbled across one of LnL's videos, I was hooked. So I started researching and dove into the gigantic can of worms that we're all in today.

As far as my contributions go, you'll see me around the "news" topics a lot.  I'm always trying to stay on top of things (aside from the occasional climbing trip.  No laptops, and phones are off. Which I always look forward to) and I like to share info when it applies.

Otherwise, I'm glad to see we're keeping this group alive and I'll see ya'll around the forum.  :merica:
Don't pay attention to the man behind the curtain...

"I do believe that, where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence." --Mahatma Ghandi

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
Re: Skippy00004
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 07:46:53 AM »
I'm looking to get my skydiving "A" license this summer because its what I want to do with my future career.  I'm studying Film Production and would like to become an aerial videographer and film people in free-fall.
THAT....IS.......FREAKIN'......AWESOME! :fuckYeah:

Glad you made it over to the unchained side of prepping with us!

Offline APX808

• Administrator
    • APX R4nt5
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 08:12:29 AM »
Hey Skippy welcome to UP, great to find another rock climber aboard :D

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 08:48:48 AM »
Welcome Skippy!

Yupper...As Skippy wrote, he is one of the dudes from the old LnL days. You know some of the new guys are going to ask one day, "who is this LnL dude?"  ::)

I did not know you were a sky diver Skippy. I am IMPRESSED! You are a better man than I am!!  :fuckYeah:

Glad to see that you made it to the other side!
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Alex1992

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 09:41:37 AM »
Hi Skippy good to know you, a little FYI I'm 20 so I'm the youngest and for some reason I want to show a dancing banana hahaha  :dancingBanana:

Ghost

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 07:45:28 PM »
Ah yes, my other fellow young gun! :fuckYeah:

Do us all a favour and get a GoPro for your jumps bro! I've always wanted to hurl my own body at the earth at high speeds ;)

Cheers mate!
 :cheers:

Offline Skippy00004

• Committed prepper
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 08:17:18 PM »
Ah yes, my other fellow young gun! :fuckYeah:

Do us all a favour and get a GoPro for your jumps bro! I've always wanted to hurl my own body at the earth at high speeds ;)

Cheers mate!
 :cheers:
Haha got one last year and can't wait to try it out! I've used it on multiple climbing trips already and love it. I'll be sure to post vids whenever I edit all the footage.
Don't pay attention to the man behind the curtain...

"I do believe that, where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence." --Mahatma Ghandi

hjmoosejaw

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 10:17:43 PM »
I tried skydiving a couple of times. One time, a static line jump, and the other time, a tandem freefall. It was a blast! Bungee jumping was fun too! (did that once). I started thinking one time, on four different occasions, I've had to sign a waiver to try certain activities. Maybe I should get different hobbies.LOL. I've kind of been out of thrill seeking for a couple of years, but what worries me now, is my kids all have the "Crazy" gene. LOL

Hey, why is my avatar so small? lol

Offline APX808

• Administrator
    • APX R4nt5
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2013, 10:26:10 PM »
There you got, it seems your source image was too small.
I got a bigger version and just fixed it for you, enjoy your new avatar hjmoosejaw  :dancingGrenade:

hjmoosejaw

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2013, 11:24:00 PM »
There you got, it seems your source image was too small.
I got a bigger version and just fixed it for you, enjoy your new avatar hjmoosejaw  :dancingGrenade:

Thanks Buddy!