Author Topic: russellclan from southern AZ  (Read 1204 times)

Offline russellclan

• Prepper Apprentice
russellclan from southern AZ
« on: November 03, 2013, 01:13:45 AM »
Hi, We have been actively prepping for 3 years and moved to a 6 1/2 acre homestead last Fall. We have chickens, dairy goats, and meat rabbits. Our goal is to become as self sufficient as possible. We started all this because of the government follies and our growing mistrust of our representation, plus we wanted out adopted kids to have a better understanding of where their food comes from. We plan on doing hogs and maybe a beef cow each year down the road in addition to the container gardening which has been very fruitful for us. (yard invader critters like my veggies if planted in the ground so we are on prevent defense-hence the containers)
We have BoBs for each vehicle and lots of stored foods & water filters that can be taken for an emergency evacuation.
Our families think we are nuts, but that doesn't stop us...we have a 2nd family of 5 kids at home -all adopted as well as 7 from the 1st batch that are all out on their own having families!

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
Re: russellclan from southern AZ
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 09:27:37 AM »
Welcome to the site RC! Sounds like you have a great handle on things.  :thumbsUp:

hjmoosejaw

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 09:35:44 AM »
Howdy russellclan! The SHTF, I might have to come to your house.LOL Welcome Aboard!

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 10:51:38 AM »
Russellclan welcome to UP (Unchainedpreppers)!

My dad use to live north of PHX in Williams and then in later life, Cottonwood area.

Most of the forum members comment on how their extended family's think they are nuts so welcome to the club.  :thumbsUp: My brother and I (he's a prepper too) had a philosophical debate on what we will do when they show up at the BOL. We are still having the debate.

There are some great folks here...Don't be shy jump in any time.  ;)
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Well-Prepared Witch

• Committed prepper
    • The Well-Prepared Witch
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 09:41:07 AM »
Welcome!  Sounds like you guys are doing great!  We just this morning got the shed that we're going to turn into a chicken coop.  Eventually I'd like some goats, too.  I'll have to pick your brain at some point. :D  Glad to have you on board!
If that which you seek you find not within yourself, you shall never find it without.  - Charge of the Goddess, Doreen Valiente
http://wellpreparedwitch.com

Offline APX808

• Administrator
    • APX R4nt5
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 01:44:14 PM »
Welcome aboard Russellclan  :pirateThumbUp: