Author Topic: Greeting's From South Africa  (Read 1201 times)

Offline Mark-Eran

• Prepper Apprentice
Greeting's From South Africa
« on: March 30, 2015, 01:59:05 PM »
Whooah! a pretty nice bunch of people with a lot of interesting posts!
I am just joining "Unchained Preppers" with the goal of meeting some of you guys in South Africa.
Being Durban-based in what they called "the last Outpost" (Natal Province) and which is by no means what it used to be anymore.
I am pretty well organised in (unfortunately) a residential area with an appreciate food supply, weapons (crossbows & 40 S&W caliber weapon), generator, bug-out 4x4 vehicles, communication gear (VHS) and so on...BUT no bug-out place when the banana hits the fan, which is a question of time in South Africa where 40% of adults are unemployed and "governed" by a corrupt bunch of revengeful and uneducated idiots.
I did two years of army duty (navy divers), SWAT groups in the police force (22 years!) and started a tour operation business in wild, remote Africa 4 years ago, hence my bunch of ready-to-go 4x4 vehicles, three of them.
My problem, as it is probably the case with many South African preppers is to communicate together and go to know each other. Of course I know of a SA group called "Suidlanders" I could associate me with but, in all fairness, after 24 years of military / police service I am more oientated towards a group binded together of reliable guys not commited to a para-military organisation but focused towards a difficult future while having sufficient skills to organise and defend themselves.
We are all working in various fields and most of us have got a job which forces us to live in suburban areas. Unfortunately these are the areas which will become some day impossible to defend unless you are a lover of guerilla warfare in a crazy world of out-of-control crowds.
I have in mind a bug-out place somewhere in the bush. South Africa is full of remote places and a let's say, a 10 ha piece of ground with boreholes should be financially feasible. This could serve as a base where we could meet in case the worse comes to the worst, especially in the major centres where most of us live.
I'd like to discuss this further with any of you interested by this kind of scheme.
All the Best to all of you.
Mark

JMc - Moved from General Off-Topic to Introductions
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 03:55:46 PM by JohnyMac »

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Re: Greeting's From South Africa
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 03:59:43 PM »
Just want to write...Welcome to the UP forum Mark-Eran!  :thumbsUp:

There are a lot of great folks here who have varies levels of prepping so don't hesitate jumping in with a question or helping a fellow prepper out with your knowledge.

If you have any IT questions APX808 or Special-K are your "go to guy."

Just a word of caution...Watch out for brat as he is an ornery old cuss ;-)  :walkingstick: :walkingstick: 
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

brat

Re: Greeting's From South Africa
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 03:43:24 PM »
Welcome to the forum....

Pay no nevermind to Jmac. He's been beside himself since someone older than him finally showed up.
 :dancingBanana: