Author Topic: gthomas5 - Looking for covert preppers southwest of Atlanta, GA  (Read 1281 times)

gthomas5

gthomas5 - Looking for covert preppers southwest of Atlanta, GA
« on: January 26, 2014, 11:42:11 AM »
Hi-
I am a fellow Atlanta resident but not a native but am from the southeast.  20 years working for DOD all over the world.  Did a tour at Dobbins Air Reserve Base in Marietta and now live southwest of the airport.  Being in the military facilities maintenance business you learn to be self reliant and prepared.  "Plan for the worst, hope for the best and handle what comes".  Served me well when I was out in the middle of a hurricane at the Quantico Marine Corps base.  Have settled in the area.  Have a lot of experience in base maintenance and am willing to give advise if needed.  Having worked with the military and having family still serving, I am always glad to help those that served.  I am woring on being as prepared as possible.  Will put in a garden this summer, have water stored, some food, live in a quiet and easily sercurable location.  Got lots of info on preparing if you would like.  Believe in being as covert as possible, only one of my neighbors knows that I am somewhat prepared, as is she.  That is why I am not giving my exact location.  Let me know if I can be of help.

Looking for covert preppers on the southwest side of Atlanta.  Coweta county resident looking to share info, resources, advise, etc with fellow preppers that want to keep a low profile.  May be interested in forming a loose knit mutual assistance group.  Looking for sources for used plastic food grade buckets, #10 cans, place to target pratice, water storage tanks, advise on gardening in GA and other things than can help the cause.  I have 20 years experience in facilities maintenance/construction and can share some very valuable information and/or help.

EDITED: Merged posts after merging redundant topics. ~ s-k
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 11:55:41 AM by special-k »

Offline rah45

• Community Moderator
  • Live Free, or Die.
Re: gthomas5 - Looking for covert preppers southwest of Atlanta, GA
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 01:16:18 PM »
I have a relative in Newnan, Coweta County. I don't know the area myself, but when we went to the range together a few months ago, we had to drive all the way to LaGrange to fire our rifles. I don't know if that's because it was the closest, FREE public range, or because there was no other public range within that distance that allows you to fire rifles. However, there's plenty of good land around Newnan. You might want to find a friend or two who is willing to allow you to practice on his land, if he has several acres. My relative knows a guy with the perfect land setup, but the guy won't let us carry firearms there, much less shoot.

Offline gapatriot

• Committed prepper
    • Homefront defense
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 02:17:39 PM »
Man Georgia boys coming out of the wood work around here!

gthomas5

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 02:34:31 PM »
I would like to know the name of the free range in LaGrange.  I shoot at Lock, Stock & Barrell in Grantville and on occation at the new indoor range in Newnan. 
There is plenty of land around the area (I live near but not in Newnan) but I don't know anyone who owns any of it.  Hoped this post would help.  There is also a nice range in Woodbury, GA but it is a long drive.

gthomas5

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 02:41:11 PM »
Forgot to add, there is a range in Palmetto, GA that allows rifles up to 300 yards.  Requires yearly membership or will sight in a rifle for a fee.  Lock, Stock & Barrell has indoor pistol and outdoor rifle up to 150 yards.  Also has skeet.  Really nice people.  The new indoor range is very nice but expensive, rents guns and will allow up to 50 BMG but I do not like to shoot rifles indoors.  Have not used the range at Woodbury but an told that it is a flat cash fee for unlimited use and allows rapid fire drills.  I do not know of a tactical range in the area.  I would love to be able to afford the land to set one up.  Maybe one day.

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2014, 04:04:49 PM »
Welcome gthomas5!

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2014, 02:30:30 AM »
Welcome gthomas5.   :)

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco