Author Topic: Howdy  (Read 2448 times)

Angry Texan

Howdy
« on: October 19, 2013, 07:40:00 PM »
How's everyone doing? I work in the oil field near Laredo TX(AKA Mexico), but i live 500 miles northeast of here. My situation for everything prepper is kind of unique in that aspect. I have been into this sort of thing for a while, but I am just now about to start implementing it. I have some more lurking and back reading to do, but I am hopefully going to make a thread to help people make good decisions and plans for getting home from a distance. That's all I got for now.

Drink a beer for me.

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
Re: Howdy
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 08:16:16 PM »
Welcome Tex!
"It wouldn't do any good.  I've had the shit beat out of me a lot of times.  I just replenish with more shit."  - Billy McBride

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 08:52:42 PM »
Welcome Angry Texan!

We are a small forum with some folks who are years ahead and folks trying to catch up. The archives is full of a bunch of good stuff so if you have a question start there first.

WARNING WILL ROBINSON WARNING! Don't ask the question: Which long rifle platform is better: AR or AK? You may get tared and feathered.  :lmfao:
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Well-Prepared Witch

• Committed prepper
    • The Well-Prepared Witch
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 09:11:55 PM »
Welcome to the forum!  Great bunch of folks on here with lots of varied knowledge and experience. 
If that which you seek you find not within yourself, you shall never find it without.  - Charge of the Goddess, Doreen Valiente
http://wellpreparedwitch.com

Angry Texan

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 11:39:06 PM »
Thanks yall. And I got the AR already haha. It's sad when they are cheaper than an AK. Yeah I'm runnin through the archives to see if my situation has been covered at all here.

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 12:53:22 AM »
Welcome to the forum Texas.  :fuckYeah:

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2013, 02:04:42 AM »
Welcome,

We are like a big family here.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline APX808

• Administrator
    • APX R4nt5
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2013, 09:03:40 AM »
Welcome aboard man, it must be hard working so far away from home.

Hope you enjoy our little place and don't doubt in sending a PM if you need some help setting up your account or anything.

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2013, 03:53:19 PM »
Welcome AT.  I've spent a little time in Texas.  Well, maybe a lot.  Actually, one of my relatives is hanging on the wall in the the State Capitol.  Started an indian war when the indians returned her as a peace offering and the settlers killed several chiefs because of the condition she was in.  Unfortunately, it caused the deaths of all other white captives as well.

I've done a little oil field work as well with Halliburton before going to college.  Back during the Midland/ Odessa boom days.   Nothing quite like making your money getting muddy is there?

Glad you're here!  Look forward to your posts. 

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Angry Texan

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2013, 08:32:21 PM »
Thanks guys. Yeah I've been hearing good things about west TX again. but that would be twice as far from home. If natural gas would hurry up and get above $4 then east TX will boom again.

Alex1992

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2013, 12:03:05 PM »
Welcome to the forum Tex just a fair warning it can get a little bit crazy but I'm sure you'll like the craziness  :dancingBanana:

Angry Texan

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2013, 09:35:27 PM »
thanks and bring it on!

Offline Deathstyle

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2013, 12:21:48 AM »
Hey Angry Texan and welcome aboard the crazy train!

:fuckYeah:

Ozzy Osbourne | Crazy Train | HQ

Treaded is a member on here who also runs an awesome blog about rural defense and I think he is somewhere in Texas. Like the East or Northeast portion. You can check out his awesome blog here: http://thelizardfarmer.wordpress.com/
"Blackouts are God's way of saying, 'Don't worry 'bout it".

Angry Texan

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2013, 08:57:05 PM »
thanks and that blog is awesome. I can almost feel DHS eyes on me when i read it!

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2013, 10:24:08 PM »
Mon O'man..Where has Treaded been?
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Deathstyle

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2013, 05:07:33 PM »
Reading his blog he has only had about 2 entries in since he has been on here last. Seems hes been busy doing contracting work for the military to get more income to buy preps. If he is so busy he can only get 2 entries in on his blog I could see how his hiatus from the forum is possible.
"Blackouts are God's way of saying, 'Don't worry 'bout it".

hjmoosejaw

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2013, 12:57:39 AM »
Welcome Aboard AT! I think you'll like it here.

Offline Treaded

• Prepper
    • The Lizard Farmer's Blog
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2014, 10:52:55 PM »
Reading his blog he has only had about 2 entries in since he has been on here last. Seems hes been busy doing contracting work for the military to get more income to buy preps. If he is so busy he can only get 2 entries in on his blog I could see how his hiatus from the forum is possible.

Close but no cigar. I've spent the last couple of years in and out of the states (mostly overseas) as a supervisory trainer and manager for a company on non-gov training and security contracts. Pay has been great and now I've got a couple of hundred more acres to play with and a new house, barns, and outbuildings to get started on after I finish out this stint. Honestly the blog has been the last thing on my mind and I haven't had time or much internet access outside of a VPN to work on it (except for a couple of short entries).  Once I finalize the "retirement status" and get settled I'll probably pick it back up and possibly put a book or two out.

brat

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2014, 11:18:51 PM »
Welcome to the forum AT.

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2014, 11:51:04 PM »

Close but no cigar. I've spent the last couple of years in and out of the states (mostly overseas) as a supervisory trainer and manager for a company on non-gov training and security contracts. Pay has been great and now I've got a couple of hundred more acres to play with and a new house, barns, and outbuildings to get started on after I finish out this stint. Honestly the blog has been the last thing on my mind and I haven't had time or much internet access outside of a VPN to work on it (except for a couple of short entries).  Once I finalize the "retirement status" and get settled I'll probably pick it back up and possibly put a book or two out.
Thanks for the update Treaded!  :thumbsup:

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2014, 07:58:17 AM »
Welcome back Treaded!  :thumbsUp:

Glad to read that you are attaining your dreams. Good luck on your purchases.  :cheers: