Author Topic: hjmoosejaw  (Read 1703 times)

hjmoosejaw

hjmoosejaw
« on: June 14, 2013, 11:55:52 PM »
Hello all! I don't have much to say about myself. Hitchhiked around a lot as a youngster. Didn't think about much more than chasing women. Entered the Navy (4 years). Got out, continued to chase women. Started getting more serious in my mid twenties, started a family. Had A LOT of fun through life. A LOT! About ten years ago, my wife got sick, she fought like Hell, and ten years later, she's still here. Thank God! Life has changed considerably though. Things got pretty rough all the way around. Plugging away, day by day. Long story short, finally seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. Now 55 y/o. Three kids, son 28, two daughters, 19 and 17. Seems like all I have time for anymore is work. Anyway, found Straightprep about a year and a half ago, and transferred over to here. I like learning all of the things that I learn here, but most of all, I like the people. Great bunch of people! To all of the older people, I'm glad to see ya here. To all the newer people, Welcome Aboard, I'm looking forward to getting to know you, and I hope you get out of this, what I have gotten out of it. Have a good one!

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
Re: hjmoosejaw
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 08:23:23 AM »
Great to have you here HJ! :cheers:

Offline APX808

• Administrator
    • APX R4nt5
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 08:36:18 AM »
Welcome aboard HJ!  :pirateThumbUp:

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 08:41:20 AM »
Welcome hj!

hj is a great down to earth guy that you would want as your best friend, next door neighbor and on your side in a fight! He also brings a unique thought process to the forum due to his life experiences.

Since he is a Pennsylvania boy we need to get together to have a beer or two while swapping stories late into the night.  :cheers:

Welcome to the other side man!  :thumbsUp:

Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

hjmoosejaw

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 09:58:35 AM »
Thanks for all that Jm! I feel the same. I would have your back, or have a beer with you anytime.

Ghost

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2013, 10:16:18 AM »
So how'd you get the name hjmoosejaw? First when you registered I thought you were another Canadian from Moose Jaw Saskatchewan lol.

hjmoosejaw

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2013, 11:43:27 AM »
So how'd you get the name hjmoosejaw? First when you registered I thought you were another Canadian from Moose Jaw Saskatchewan lol.

I always thought maybe I was born in the wrong era. I would have liked to have been born in the mountain man days. That time interests me. When I was in my late teens, early twenties, I had a t-shirt with a picture of a mountain mans face on it. I think it was just a drawing of a mountain man, nobody in particular. People were always asking me, who that was, on my shirt. I'd always say, I don't know. One day, I just thought of giving him a name, for something to do, and I wanted it to sound mountain man like. I first named him, Hezekiah J. (no particular reason for "J", other than it seemed to flow with the name) Moosejaw. Jeremiah was taken. HaHa (Jeremiah Johnson) Then people started asking what the J stood for. So I made it Jedediah. Then he had a full name, Hezekiah Jedediah Moosejaw. Then he evolved into being my alter-ego. LOL