Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1265 times)

icepeak205

Hello
« on: November 02, 2013, 01:30:24 PM »
Hello out there!  A short time prepper who lives near Chicago (IL is the wrong state for me) but recently purchased 25 wooded acres in SW MI. It's all wooded, nothing on the property.  For now, its pitching tents with family and friends while I work to clear out some area and whip up a pole barn.  Berries grow all over these woods, deer are abundant, and turkey tracks have been spotted. I look forward to learning as much as possible from Unchained Preppers and sharing any knowledge I might have as well!!  Have a safe weekend and work on those preps!

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 01:42:11 PM »
Welcome to our little community here!  :thumbsUp:

hjmoosejaw

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 01:54:15 PM »
Wow, it sounds like you have a pretty neat little setup going on there icepeak. Welcome aboard!

Offline Well-Prepared Witch

• Committed prepper
    • The Well-Prepared Witch
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 03:47:03 PM »
Hi there!  Nice to have you on board.  Sounds like a lovely location you're working on. 
If that which you seek you find not within yourself, you shall never find it without.  - Charge of the Goddess, Doreen Valiente
http://wellpreparedwitch.com

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 08:19:48 PM »
Welcome Icepeak! Sorry to hear that you live near Chicago (I have spent a lot of time there over the years) however to hear you have a piece of paradise in MI!

I was in a similar situation as you several years ago and moved quickly away from tents and such to building a small 12'x20' cabin. Here is a link to part of my story. http://unchainedpreppers.com/forum/general-discussion/help-choosing-land-for-place-to-live/msg31072/#msg31072

I have a few more (check the archives) on bringing H20 to the cabin and setting up the small cabin with solar power.

The UP (unchainedpreppers) is a bit of an eclectic group however I learn things on this forum every day.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

icepeak205

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2013, 04:59:11 PM »
Thanks for the post Johny Mac! I like the 12?20 idea and sounds like you hooked it up. As we get out of winter and into spring, it's definitely an idea I'll be entertaining.

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2013, 07:30:28 PM »
Welcome!

If you need a helper I'm unemployed and will work for dirt cheap plus round trip ticket from CA. Ill pitch my tent on site. Just throwin it down. Yours to pick up.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 07:33:33 PM by Kentactic »
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline APX808

• Administrator
    • APX R4nt5
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 08:53:26 AM »
Welcome aboard icepeak205  :pirateThumbUp:

Hope you enjoy your stay and don't doubt in contacting me or other of the staff guys if you need anything.

icepeak205

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2013, 12:49:48 PM »
Appreciate it APX...