Author Topic: Hello. SE Wisconsin  (Read 2390 times)

Offline Sig357

• Prepper Apprentice
Hello. SE Wisconsin
« on: October 23, 2023, 09:25:49 AM »
Hello all.

Hoping to learn from the group.

Sig

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Re: Hello. SE Wisconsin
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2023, 10:14:47 AM »
Welcome Sig to the group.

I am in NE PA, however, I know WI. well. I had stores in Racine, Madison, and Green Bay.

Great eclectic group here.  :cheers:
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2023, 03:26:55 PM »
Greetings and Salutations.  Hail and Well Met.  Central VA here.

Nemo

If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2023, 06:20:43 PM »
Hello Sig from middle TN.  Welcome to the forum!

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2023, 01:54:24 AM »
Hello Sig. I went to Kenosha once and bought some cheese. Damn! That was the best cheese I've ever eaten. I bought it at a Truck Stop Store about 5 miles west of Kenosha. If it wasn't such a long drive from Virginia, I'd get in the car and drive all the way back up there to get some more. Until I ate that stuff, I always thought that Cheese was just Cheese. It was some kind of local brand, and I never could remember the name. The Truck Stop was at or near the intersection of route 50 and I-94. Anyway, welcome to the group. There's a varied number of specialties here. Some of us are Ham Radio Operators and have a communications net on Tuesday nights.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2023, 01:57:07 AM by pkveazey »

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2023, 08:59:42 AM »
Dayum PK, if I was that good I'll share the driving and gas with youl so I can get a wheel or 2.

Nemo

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2023, 10:15:32 AM »
Hmmmm... Nemo. Maybe we could get SIG to send us some. Let me tell you what it tasted like. Go to Walmart and buy some CABOT "SERIOUSLY SHARP" cheddar cheese. Eat it. Then imagine that what you just ate is only half as good as what I ate. We only bought about a pound of it because we didn't know what to expect. Ohhh, if I had only known how good it would be I would have bought 10 pounds. :facepalm:

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2023, 04:44:44 PM »
I have eaten and really like Cabot, and the sharper the better.

There was store in Richardsville, Va, 40 odd years ago I went in when hunting in the area.  It had a wheel about 3 feet across by near a foot thick that I always got a 1/4 pound at a time to get while hunting.  I'd probably take some of that home with me.

It was strong enough that I would not want any more at a time than that.  Eating more would just be a waste of cheese to eat it with a flavored mouth.

Other times I would drive 25 or so miles out of the way to get it. Then I would get a pound or 3.  That was back when gas was half a buck a gallon and this cheese $3 a pound.  I would still go if they still had it.  I'm not sure the store is still open.  It had been open near 50 years back in the 80s, IIRC.

Just saltines and cool water.  No wine or such.  Anything else would corrupt the flavor.

You tempt me to go to WI.  Explore this search/ship idea more.

Nemo

Offline Cracked Prepper

• Prepper Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2023, 05:36:44 PM »
Hello, SE Wisconsin.  I grew up in that area: Washington county, town of Hartford.  I now live in middle TN.

Hope you like the group.

bsd

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2023, 06:49:17 PM »
Welcome back CP.  Glad to see you found us again, got out of jail, escaped from Russia, or whatever is applicable.

Nemo