Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 1814 times)

Offline Well-Prepared Witch

• Committed prepper
    • The Well-Prepared Witch
Hello!
« on: August 15, 2013, 03:14:23 PM »
Hi!  I'm Wellie.  My husband & I are preppers and homesteaders.  We have 9.5 acres outside a small town and are slowly turning it into something of a homestead.  My husband works close to DC and I work from home, so we both prep and homestead as hobbies at this point.  We have a couple of like-minded neighbors, which is great.  As we both implement our plans we're planning to do some trading (for instance, I'll be keeping chickens, they'll be keeping pigs, so we'll swap eggs for bacon).  I'm relatively new to this all (grew up as a total suburbanite, barely even could cook, etc) and have found that between the ecological and health benefits of local food/gardening/etc and the emergency preparedness aspects of prepping, there's a LOT of overlap.  I have started a blog, only a few posts really, about my prepping journey tied in with my religion (so many sites out there about the mainstream religions' take on prepping, but I couldn't find a lot about my own, so I started writing it myself).  My two pieces of excitement this week are that I got my clothesline delivered and we just got two dwarf citrus trees to put in the sunroom.  Every little bit helps. :)
If that which you seek you find not within yourself, you shall never find it without.  - Charge of the Goddess, Doreen Valiente
http://wellpreparedwitch.com

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 03:17:10 PM »
Welcome to our little community here, glad you decided to check it out!  :thumbsUp:

Sounds like you are pretty well down the road in being prepared, and that is never a bad thing.

Offline APX808

• Administrator
    • APX R4nt5
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 03:27:21 PM »
Welcome aboard Wellie, enjoy your stay  :pirateThumbUp:

• Committed prepper
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 03:45:23 PM »
Thank you!
If that which you seek you find not within yourself, you shall never find it without.  - Charge of the Goddess, Doreen Valiente

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 04:38:25 PM »
Welcome Wellie!

I am sorry to hear you live so close to DC. ;) My wife and I lived on our sail boat in Annapolis a few years back and unless you lived close to "the beltway" you will not understand life in those parts.  :facepalm:

UnchainedPreppers is a great group of eclectic people who span the spectrum from boy scout age to old farts that have seen a lot AND have a lot to share.

Don't be a stranger.  :thumbsUp:   
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Alex1992

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 05:33:33 PM »
Welcome to Unchained Preppers Wellie I hope you enjoy all of the info and the occasional Tin Foil Hat BS.

• Committed prepper
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 07:35:48 PM »
JohnnyMac - lol! My brother, who lives in NorVa, can't understand why I don't want to drive into DC anymore.  I've moved a couple times in the last decade and each time I get farther from town. 

Alex1992 - I suffer from my own tin-hattedness sometimes, so I should be OK. :D

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2013, 09:21:55 PM »
Welcome Wellie!

Grab a chair and make yourself at home.

Offline Deathstyle

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2013, 12:56:37 AM »
Welcome to the forums Wellie.

Look forward to checking out your blog as well.
"Blackouts are God's way of saying, 'Don't worry 'bout it".

• Committed prepper
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2013, 11:16:50 AM »
Thanks!

I'd love your feedback on the blog Deathstyle.  It's still fairly new and I'd like to post on subjects of interest.

hjmoosejaw

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2013, 11:31:08 AM »
Hello Wellie, Welcome aboard. I be one of the said, older farts. Glad to have ya here! :thumbsUp:

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2013, 11:33:15 AM »
Welcome WPW!  You seem like you will fit right in with this group.  glad you found us!

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco