Author Topic: DVC Checking in  (Read 1886 times)

Offline USMC0331

• Prepper
  • fka. "DVCPrepper"
    • MRPC
DVC Checking in
« on: August 27, 2013, 09:16:42 PM »
I found this site off of Curahee's website which I have been following since RJSteed told me about him when I was helping RJ learn website stuff many moons ago.  I don't know what happened to RJ but I do know I've always liked Curahee's approach to sharing and informing and if he recommends this place I'm thinking it's got something going for it so here I am.

I started a website recently to get the Grandkids to wake up.  The more I can get them to prep, the less I have to carry of the load. :)

Instead of reinventing the wheel, I'll add an excerpt from my ABOUT DVC page on my website.
http://dvcprepper.com

Hope to learn and add to the conversation.   :cowboy:

08-08-2013
I'm 47 years old, have a beautiful wife of (6) years now and through marriage, an extended family to include (2) great-grandchildren.

I served this country as a Marine (MOS 0331) from 84-88, have been an Electrician by trade since 1990 and in the past have been an EMT-B, Volunteer Fireman, Reserve Sheriff's Deputy, and competition shooter (thus the DVC) in IPSC, IDPA, 3Gun.

I no longer compete on a regular basis because of the recent ammo shortages and reserve my shooting days to more "goal orientated" outings than reaching for a 1st place finish at the local matches.

I've never been much of a History buff and can distinctly remember taking a 9th grade "Constitution History" class where we NEVER read the Constitution from front to back! That was in 1980, I can only imagine what is now being taught in high school but I doubt it's stressing the importance of this nation's founding document. I base this on the oblivious younger generation that I see who has absolutely no interest in preserving the rights declared in it, if they are aware of them at all.

The majority of young Americans have already completed the "bondage" cycle (Tytler's History Chart) of their own free will. They are more interested in their moronic Facebook posts then the fact that their government is collecting real time data on every aspect of their lives against the Constitution's 4th Amendment.

THE GOAL

My goal on the site will be to show some practical tips on prepping that I have learned or will be learning as I go, along with some shooting advise, gear discussion, and news items related to the diminishing rights of America's citizens as food for thought.

If you are moved to think or practice a skill because of this site, then I will have accomplished my goal. I hope you will use the comment function to add to the discussion.

-Jim
---
"Do nothing which is of no use."  - Miyamoto Musashi
Gal 5:19-21 -God

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Re: DVC Checking in
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 09:27:25 PM »
Welcome DVC to UP! Currahee is a good guy and has added a lot of value to this site.

We have quite the eclectic group ranging in prepping experience from novice to "pretty much there." And ages of between 16 and well old as dirt. The great news is everybody brings something to the party  ;)

One word of caution though: Never post a subject line like: What is the better platform...AK or AR? As all hell will break-out!  :lmfao: :troutSlap: :suicide: :faint:
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 09:31:34 PM »
Welcome aboard Jim. Glad you found your way over here.  :bravo:

Offline APX808

• Administrator
    • APX R4nt5
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 09:33:34 PM »
Hey Jim Welcome to UP!

You have a really cool resume, I'm sure your two cents will worth more than that ;)

In your forum profile you can set a profile picture and also you can add your website, that way a little earth will appear below your picture that will link to your site.

I truly hope you enjoy our little place, and don't doubt in messaging me or some of the other guys if you need help with anything.

Offline USMC0331

• Prepper
  • fka. "DVCPrepper"
    • MRPC
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 09:55:33 PM »
Thanks for the welcome and tips.  Does the Captcha thing go away after so many posts or a paid membership?
---

Offline APX808

• Administrator
    • APX R4nt5
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 09:58:55 PM »
It's only in your first posts, then it goes away, but I don't remember how much posts...
Let me fix that, I'll just leave it for the first post then it dissapears

EDIT: Damn it, I just turned it off, I think with the registration captcha we are done
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 10:01:34 PM by APX808 »

Offline USMC0331

• Prepper
  • fka. "DVCPrepper"
    • MRPC
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2013, 10:11:55 PM »
It's gone now.... my slow connection thanks you! :)
---

Offline Well-Prepared Witch

• Committed prepper
    • The Well-Prepared Witch
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2013, 11:07:25 PM »
Welcome!  I look forward to taking a look at your site. 
If that which you seek you find not within yourself, you shall never find it without.  - Charge of the Goddess, Doreen Valiente
http://wellpreparedwitch.com

Colombo

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2013, 11:14:25 PM »
Welcome.

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2013, 09:57:57 AM »
Welcome DVC!  Glad that you found us.  There is a pretty good group here.  Opinions from across the prepping spectrum.  I plan to visit your site and look forward to hearing what you have to say.

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Offline Currahee

• Senior Prepper
  • "Stands Alone"
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2013, 01:20:03 PM »
Glad to see someone reads the site, deep enough to even get to the links.

I like the small, homey nature of this forum.  I think anyone that has spent anytime doing ANYTHING, comes away with their own practical tips- forums and smalle blogs are a good way to share them.  This is especially true with the multitude of skills that can be groups under the umbrella we call "prepping."
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 01:23:18 PM by Currahee »
Every citizen should be a soldier.  This was the case for the Greeks and Romans ans must be that of every free state. - T Jefferson