Author Topic: Two Way Radio.  (Read 750 times)

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
Two Way Radio.
« on: January 24, 2022, 11:20:53 PM »
Did you ever wonder why Receivers use 75 OHM COAX? After all these years I finanally read why that it is the case. 75 Ohm  coax has less received signal loss than 50 OHM . 50 Ohm  has less signal loss on transmit. Since 75 OHM  coax is dirt cheap and I have a ton of it. I plan to build a bunch of Antennas and see just how well they work using 75 OHM coax. Yea, I know, that I will have to mount them way up high. While I'm sick, I don't plan to do any of this.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
Re: Two Way Radio.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2022, 08:31:00 AM »
Plan on not falling off a real high antenna.  Plan on not having one fall on you either.

Make those plans while you are sick and follow them when you are not.

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2022, 09:00:04 AM »
I have been offered a Icom A71R receiver for free. I am looking forward playing with it. Thanks PKv for the advice on 75 vs. 50 coax.

Drop me a PM to let me know how you are doing and need any help. Someone told me that honey and bourbon warmed to about 105-degrees really helped him in the later stages of the Gook Crud.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2022, 09:31:01 AM »
Is it possible to wire a radio with outgoing on one cable and incoming on another?

Just use the honey with a bit of lemon juice as a lead into the bourbon.  Better yet for breakfast if you have no OJ.

Nemo

If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.