Author Topic: PERSEC - Personal Security  (Read 770 times)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
PERSEC - Personal Security
« on: January 09, 2022, 02:07:48 PM »
I have been focusing more and more on PERSEC specifically, cell phones. I often leave my cell phone on and at home. Basically, I am just using it as an answering machine for texts, emails, calls, etcetera. I leave it on vs. turning it off because I want anybody monitoring me to think, well...I am at home. A turned off phone can be suspicious.

If I will be away for a couple of days I will take my phone. I turn it off and put it in an EMP bag. That way if I need it, I have it.

HERE is a good video of a retired forensic Canadian Police officer. He goes over some things you can do, to "degoogle" your phone. At a 10,000-foot level, your options are limited if you have a IOS phone (iphone) other than stop using google or apple as your search engine - I use DuckDuckGo. If you own a Android phone, you have oodles of options and pretty much can become invisible. 

One thing is you cannot become invisible to are Mesh Tracking Software.

There is mesh software for many applications one of which is tracking you. If you are walking down the street and pass a house that is using a google devise lets say, the google devise in the house picks up your passing and sends that information back to the big google server in the sky. I am sure that ALEXA (Amazon), iPhone and others have a similar ability to do this not just google.

Now google may be able to track your location, the ALEXA mesh protocols not only tracks your location but what you have been searching on your devise.

Again androids can essentially turn this tracking off. Just do a search for "degoogling my android phone. The challenge with iPhones is, the software is hard coded into your phone so in essence you can not turn it off. Again, you can mitigate the spying by using a search engine like DuckDuckGo and if you do down load a app onto your phone do not accept the app if they say "they" will track you. You see this usually with the free apps.

Using a "burner phone" will help with your privacy BUT "they" can still track you. Once the folks get your phone number you are done. So do not give your phone number out. PERIOD. Remember, some of the folks used burner phones on January 6th. Once they got one guy to flip and they opened their burner phone, the FLEAS have you. Using their version of mesh tracking software, they just plug in your newly exposed burner phone number and VIOLA! They can triangulate your location.

Remember using a burner phone, buy with cash along with minutes NEVER credit card. Use a throw away email address and physical address if requested. Go to a library away from your AO to activate your phone using the throwaway email address.

Last, if you do not have a proton or tutanota email account (I use tutanota) then get one. "They" may know when you accessed the account and who you sent the email too, however, due to the encryption, they can not read your message.

Share with the group what your knowledge is on this subject. This is a great place to ask questions too.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline grizz

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Lets Go Brandon
Re: PERSEC - Personal Security
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2022, 02:49:58 PM »
Very interesting info
.:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.
[IMG]http://vpnavy01.c

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2022, 02:56:30 PM »
I generally keep my phone with me.  More often than not it remains on but in a RFID/Farady/Signal Block bag.  At least thats what I understand the linked bag does.  I can never get it to ring or receive a text in the bag. 

If I need it I can use it quickly but more often than not its unused and bagged from leaving home to returning.

Nemo

https://www.amazon.com/Faraday-ONEVER-Blocking-Anti-Tracking-Protection/dp/B09MLMNJX2?th=1
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 03:06:10 PM by Nemo »
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2022, 05:10:12 PM »
I refuse to buy a smart phone. I use a Prepaid Tracphone and only use it to make phone calls. I hate it when someone calls me on it but they do. Only Family members and very close friends have my number so I pretty much feel obligated to answer. Lately, I've been getting a few Indian or Pakistani idiots calling it with their scams and that really pisses me off. I can do texts and connect to the internet but I never use that feature. The screen is the size oif a postage stamp and anytime I go on the internet it says it can't display what I want. Well, Duuuuhhh. Answering a text is a joke. It takes about a week to type a reply on that thing. I have 2 friends that must be stupid. They send text messages now and then and I keep telling them that I don't do texting. I never understood the need for texting. How about just calling me and I can answer you in 10 seconds and hang up. I like the idea of using foil lined phone cases but then the wife can't call me if I'm out and about. She's a Ham but for some reason doesn't call me on the radio even though we use an odd simplex frequency. The one thing that I really like about using foil lined phone cases is that anyone who is trying to track you gets frustrated when all of a sudden you pop up and then disappear, then later, you pop up and then disappear, and then later, you pop up and then disappear. All they get are location dots all over the place that make no sense.

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2022, 06:22:04 PM »
    The family Iphone that is assigned to me is usually off and in a Faraday bag.  I do catch a lot of crap for not having it on, and not available.  The way that I see it, the cellphone is for my convenience, so when it is needed it is turned on.  My spouse, however, carries hers everywhere, and I mean literally everywhere.  If someone needs me, they can leave a message and I will get back to them whenever I next turn on the cell phone.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2022, 06:43:56 PM »
@ PKv, The one thing that I really like about using foil lined phone cases is that anyone who is trying to track you gets frustrated when all of a sudden you pop up and then disappear, then later, you pop up and then disappear, and then later, you pop up and then disappear. All they get are location dots all over the place that make no sense. That's the schizophrenic approach...I like it!  :thumbsUp:

@ Jackalope, I will take responsibilities for my actions. After being in business for a shiton of years and my number one toll being a cell phone, it is tough not using it. I recognize my weakness and am working on it daily to do exactly what you do. I am winning the battle.  ;)
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.