Author Topic: Religion and Spirituality?  (Read 2151 times)

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
Religion and Spirituality?
« on: March 14, 2012, 04:03:21 PM »
Wondering if it might be a good idea to create a sub-forum that would cover only religion and spirituality in regards to prepping and other related topics? Thoughts?

Offline rah45

• Community Moderator
  • Live Free, or Die.
Re: Religion and Spirituality?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 04:06:05 PM »
I like the idea of separating such explosive debates from the rest of the forum, but in reality we have very few threads centered around religious debates. You have to weigh the necessity vs unnecessary complications of the forum. I'd support it.

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 04:15:36 PM »
Even though alot of prepping concentrates on the physical aspects, like equipment and supplies, definitely think there should some time devoted to a preppers spiritual-side or lack of one in a WROL or SHTF-situation. I would love to get away from highly judgmental discussions regarding such things, and see a more reasoned and friendly give and take. But it can be hard for someone to have their faith or lack-of-it questioned, but I do see value in having such discussions on this forum.

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 04:18:28 PM »
Wondering if it might be a good idea to create a sub-forum that would cover only religion and spirituality in regards to prepping and other related topics? Thoughts?
You'll have to wait your turn in the back of the line......The new guy (Walker) and I are trying to get a "Medical / Health / Healing" board. :'(
"It wouldn't do any good.  I've had the shit beat out of me a lot of times.  I just replenish with more shit."  - Billy McBride

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 04:22:00 PM »
No worries, I'm patient.  O0

Alex1992

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 05:45:03 PM »
I'm okay for it theres nothing wrong talking about religions just as long it doesn't get personal  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

Offline WhiteWolf

• Committed prepper
  • Once more into the fray.......
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 09:30:17 PM »
All for it as long as it's not a method to keep peoples religious or spiritual based morals, ethics, and opinions out of other conversations.
"You must pay the price if you wish to secure the blessing."
Andrew Jackson

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2012, 05:17:12 AM »
DO IT!

it would be a clear and blatant method of allowing WILLING PARTICIPANTS to engage in religious talk and/or debate without pissing off those who don't wish to see it pop up over and over again in general forums.

these threads wouldn't even have to be moderated for the most part because you know exactly wtf you're getting into when you enter the section.

If I have to post in "top secret" to talk about something that seems obvious to me, but inflammatory to someone else, then the religious folk should have to post in their own section for what they think is obvious to them, but inflammatory to everyone else.

I'm all for the idea.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 05:22:13 AM by NOLA556 »
Rome is burning, and Obama is playing the fiddle - GAP

Offline gapatriot

• Committed prepper
    • Homefront defense
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2012, 10:34:37 AM »
I honestly believe that talk of religion here is unnecessary and counter productive. Anyone lurking and reading these posted on either side of the religious fence is going to be scared away. Religion is too much of a hot button issue to even bring up here. For instance I'm Muslim but I'm not pressing it on everyone.

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2012, 11:10:37 AM »
I honestly believe that talk of religion here is unnecessary and counter productive. Anyone lurking and reading these posted on either side of the religious fence is going to be scared away. Religion is too much of a hot button issue to even bring up here. For instance I'm Muslim but I'm not pressing it on everyone.

LOL!  I suspected as much with that beard of yours and your love of AK's!  LOL!  As for as the religious talk, I'm in agreement.  My belief, my business.  Your belief, your business,  no need to share it with me.

Man, you're gutsy!  Joining a prepper site which in some eyes (Such as DHS) means you're an extremist.  Then saying in addition to that I'm a Muslim tells me you don't give a shit what other people think.  So here's your song.

Montgomery Gentry - What Do Ya Think About That
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 11:23:13 AM by sledge »

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Offline WhiteWolf

• Committed prepper
  • Once more into the fray.......
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2012, 11:53:18 AM »
DO IT!

it would be a clear and blatant method of allowing WILLING PARTICIPANTS to engage in religious talk and/or debate without pissing off those who don't wish to see it pop up over and over again in general forums.

these threads wouldn't even have to be moderated for the most part because you know exactly wtf you're getting into when you enter the section.

If I have to post in "top secret" to talk about something that seems obvious to me, but inflammatory to someone else, then the religious folk should have to post in their own section for what they think is obvious to them, but inflammatory to everyone else.

I'm all for the idea.

Starting a topic is one thing. Sure I can agree with that, but if you're expecting someone to mute their morals, ethics, and views on other topics like politics and news.....well sir you'll have to do the same. And I don't see many here being able to do that; let alone know where to start.
"You must pay the price if you wish to secure the blessing."
Andrew Jackson

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2012, 12:13:47 PM »
Ahlan sadiqi...Marhaban Gapatriot!  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2012, 12:30:48 PM »
Ahlan sadiqi...Marhaban Gapatriot!

Man, I hate it when people start talking in a foreign language.  That's why I quit going to Taco Bell.

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2012, 01:18:01 PM »
DO IT!

I'm all for the idea.

Starting a topic is one thing. Sure I can agree with that, but if you're expecting someone to mute their morals, ethics, and views on other topics like politics and news.....well sir you'll have to do the same. And I don't see many here being able to do that; let alone know where to start.

im not talking about shutting anyone up. all i said was that i think creating a sub-forum specifically for religion and spirituality would in large part solve this problem.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2012, 01:25:50 PM »
Sledge wrote:
Man, I hate it when people start talking in a foreign language.  That's why I quit going to Taco Bell.

Sledge, you are a hoot! One day I hope to share a beer or two with you.  :)) :)) :))
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2012, 01:46:42 PM »
im not talking about shutting anyone up. all i said was that i think creating a sub-forum specifically for religion and spirituality would in large part solve this problem.

Yeah, what NOLA said. [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co
"It wouldn't do any good.  I've had the shit beat out of me a lot of times.  I just replenish with more shit."  - Billy McBride

Offline EJR914

• Hardcore Prepper
    • EJR914 Youtube Page
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2012, 08:46:08 AM »

You dirty fucking Muslim.   :))

Offline Veritas

• Senior Prepper
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2012, 09:21:50 AM »

Agree 100%.

Wait, you're Muslim?   That explains the beard.......
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but my Kalashnikov will hurt you.

"Don't wish ill for your enemy, plan it."

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2012, 10:23:21 AM »
+ karma for you gapatriot. Takes alot of guts in communities like this to say such a thing. My hat off to you.

But, I do think that spirituality can be discussed sanely and logically in regards to also being a prepper. Think it's as important as the physical aspect of beans, band-aids, and bullets.

Offline rah45

• Community Moderator
  • Live Free, or Die.
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2012, 07:42:18 PM »

I don't believe it...really???

Wow...well, that's the first American I've known who is a Muslim, but without an obvious Arabian ancestry (dark skin and/or foreign accent, I mean).

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2012, 06:31:25 PM »

Wow...well, that's the first American I've known who is a Muslim, but without an obvious Arabian ancestry (dark skin and/or foreign accent, I mean).

i think he might be jerking your chain... lol. but if not then... more power to him.  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2012, 08:28:29 PM »

i think he might be jerking your chain... lol. but if not then... more power to him. 

Muslims don't drink alcohol or eat bacon.   I think he's yanking that chain two fisted.  LOL!

Offline EJR914

• Hardcore Prepper
    • EJR914 Youtube Page
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2012, 11:13:34 PM »
How dare you insult The Allah!  Allahu Akbar!  Allahu Akbar!  Allahu Akbar!