Author Topic: Its time.  (Read 1254 times)

Offline Kobalt

• Committed prepper
Its time.
« on: November 09, 2011, 02:33:12 PM »
Gentlemen, I think its about time we had a youngblood section on the forum with Luis, Chesty BWB and sky hawk. More and more young guys will be showing up and I think it would be nice to have a discussion room for the younger guys. It would be good for discussing issues unique to us
young-ens. And I think I should Mod this proposed room, due to the respect I have shown to everybody on the forum.

What do you say?
Fan out your shots. We want everyone to get some.

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
Re: Its time.
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 03:47:37 PM »
HA! is what I say!

That might be a good idea... We will discuss this.

goodnightChesty1775

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 03:55:26 PM »
i want control. lol

but we do need a dedicated prepping section IE food, meds, clothing

Offline Kobalt

• Committed prepper
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 06:21:58 PM »
Not stepping on any toes here, but to keep this forums  "professional" clean cut appearance I do not see the need in creating a section for "kids". Legal considerations also have to not be taken lightly with providing a section solely for the youth. We do not need negative blow-back on our little community here. The "young-in's" should continue to post whatever they feel pertinent in the appropriate existing sections. Age should not matter here, period.

Also, if a section like this were to exist, it is my opinion that it should not be moderated by one of the "young" fellows, and that responsibility should be up to the higher-ups to find whomever is responsible enough to do so. No offense intended Spirit, but I've seen many times how this cookie can crumble. It may seem like a novel idea now; but dealing specifically with minors and some of the topics covered on this board; providing said party with their own section could and would be viewed upon as AT LEAST contributing to the delinquency of a minor. We should not condone this in the least. Legal issues are not to be taken lightly in these times. And if you're 18, you're a man and should feel completely welcome to post amongst the grown-ups.

Sorry guys, but I can't back this idea. I think it's bad news. Nay.

We only have 146 members, it's better then it was a couple months ago, but sure as shit hasn't made us a high traffic area. I think new sections should be made as well, but have we got the mass behind us to require them yet? I think some consideration should be put into the micro-managing and sud-categorization of the forum; consolidate all the good ideas and put it past a vote through a poll perhaps?

That was eye opening, thanks for the input [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co
Fan out your shots. We want everyone to get some.

Offline rah45

• Community Moderator
  • Live Free, or Die.
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 10:54:19 PM »
Well said, from both ASPJ and Spirit.  :)

ASPJ: I also don't think we merit enough member contributions to warrant separating things into more specific threads, unless the creation of those threads would spur knowledgeable people to contribute more information. Why don't we create a thread designed only to allow members to alert us to what their expertise is? If there is no forum section for it, someone can create it for that member to contribute and offer to make him/her a mod for that particular sub-forum. It would be, after all, their "field" of expertise. Just as much a danger of having a seemingly "empty" forum is having the knowledgeable people who contribute burn out or become disinterested due to monotony or a lack of control. I liked how you guys did kindredspirit's forums: she had moderation capabilities, and she was able to design her own font, color, etc and make her forum hers. Seemed to really help with the motivation to post excellent material.