Author Topic: I got one.  (Read 2024 times)

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
I got one.
« on: March 06, 2012, 10:17:00 PM »
Hey Gang,

I got a site suggestion. I have been beating this shit around in my head for some time now but you guys got to step it up.

I'm getting wore out with this water cooler bullshit. If I wanted to read the news I could google myself.  [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Re: I got one.
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 10:32:49 PM »
So what's your site suggestion?
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 10:51:15 PM »
Johny, this site is stagnating. We have one new member a week and they never post. There is no new useful content.

I suggest that if you want a garden to grow you need to water, feed and cut down the weeds.

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 11:03:44 PM »
Johny, this site is stagnating. We have one new member a week and they never post. There is no new useful content.

I suggest that if you want a garden to grow you need to water, feed and cut down the weeds.

Lol, reminds me of a certain E6 I had that started making us call at ease when he came in the tent.
 ( pretty standard at the homefront but this was while we were deployed )
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 11:49:13 PM »
TG, I hear ya' and agree with what you wrote, "I suggest that if you want a garden to grow you need to water, feed and cut down the weeds."

Just thinking out loud here: I would love to see a video section. A place not unlike what MrL&L had (Sorry, I mentioned his name) That had a library of topics on 10 minute or less video's.  The video's could span many topics from canning to reloading. From soap making to smoke bomb making. These video's would live here and not on YT.

Again, as I have mentioned before it would be great to have merchandise to sell. Not to make money (All thought that is cool) but to attract new people to the site.

Last, maybe we hold a rendezvous. An east coast, mid west and a western rendezvous. This may be construed as a OpSec issue though. With that said, maybe we could get companies, small and large to participate at each rendezvous. With the National Geographic series Doom Day Preppers we would attract a lot of folks which would lead to the site.

I don't know, just thinking out side the box here.  :))
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 12:01:13 AM »
I like it JM
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline RS762

• Committed prepper
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 02:15:09 AM »
That's an awesome idea JM [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 08:51:50 AM »
Thanks gents.

I challenge the SP team to take a week and lurk on other Prepping sites like www.survivalblog.com (Not that one though as that is where I lurk). Look at that the other sites are doing different such as:
> How does the main page look? Is it user friendly?
> Do they have a section for
    - Book reviews
    - Video's
    - Forum
    - Money
    - Medical
    - Food
> Do they have a Blog link for people like Ridgeline or TCS post blog's (Both of those guys have
   started their own blog)
> Do they have women participating in their site. We use to but not anymore. Lets remember that
   52% of the population are females.

I am a true believer of not reinventing the wheel. Lets take what works well with other sites and copy them.

Last, we do not have to change overnight. We can set a schedule and allow the site to morf over 3-6 months.

Thoughts?

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 09:16:12 AM »
with all the new names ive been seeing lately i thought this shit was finally starting to kick off... maybe everyone just changed their name? lol

the best thing you can do for this sites traffic and growth is have content you can only find here... i think between all us knuckle heads we could create some very good videos. weve got guys witht he smarts, guys with the editing ability etc. so if you assembled a video making team of around 5 guys that perhaps even shared in the profits a small portion i bet you could pump out some great videos and be able to setup a system to pay monthly to view them. even if its 10 bucks. some one just needs to step up and decide exactlywhat videos need to be made and then deligate out to the members on what role they will play in the process.

this is what snipershide.com does except they charge an assload for their video access http://www.snipershide.com/accessing-training/
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 09:19:36 AM by Kentactic »
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline RS762

• Committed prepper
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2012, 09:46:58 AM »
with all the new names ive been seeing lately i thought this shit was finally starting to kick off... maybe everyone just changed their name? lol

the best thing you can do for this sites traffic and growth is have content you can only find here... i think between all us knuckle heads we could create some very good videos. weve got guys witht he smarts, guys with the editing ability etc. so if you assembled a video making team of around 5 guys that perhaps even shared in the profits a small portion i bet you could pump out some great videos and be able to setup a system to pay monthly to view them. even if its 10 bucks. some one just needs to step up and decide exactlywhat videos need to be made and then deligate out to the members on what role they will play in the process.

this is what snipershide.com does except they charge an assload for their video access http://www.snipershide.com/accessing-training/

If there were some "pay" area with extra content i'd pay for it. It would have to be worth it though.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2012, 10:12:32 AM »
Ken,
good site. Now what are the top 3 things we could emulate on SP?

Offline gapatriot

• Committed prepper
    • Homefront defense
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2012, 11:08:41 AM »
The video section I like but with youtube hosting the video's would be better that way we dont take up server space.

Offline Kobalt

• Committed prepper
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2012, 11:29:38 AM »
I think we need to change our approach.
Instead of being just a forum, we should have a front page like Lnl. This will be a place where we can write articles for preppers, and still have a forum on the side. On the old sight the main page was the main course, and the forum was the side dish.

I think we all need to step up to the youtube plate. there should be a straightprep youtube channel where we all can post videos with valuable content. These videos will be put in a section on the site for people to see.

As for straight prep products I think we should get with companies and put together prepping packages. Like a magpul moe hand guard with a surefire g2 in the box. Things like that Maybe some T-shirts.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 11:34:15 AM by TheSpiritofAdventure »
Fan out your shots. We want everyone to get some.

Offline gapatriot

• Committed prepper
    • Homefront defense
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2012, 02:44:05 PM »
I joined the forum over at the preppersite (east coast preppers site). Its dead over there nothing going on. But I will say what little that is over there is prepping related and focused, on this site we tend to go to guns and news. We as regular members forget where we came from when we started, and take for granted the stuff we learned from trial and error. I plan on posting up a video and write up on long term dry storage when I get around to putting some more wheat, beans, rice and corn away. Heres a good example BWB didnt know that roman noodles will go rancid when storred long term, TG pointed it out to him. We just need to get back to prepper related stuff starting with the basics. As far as the front page, I never looked at it on the old site so it may be a waste of time.

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2012, 03:44:12 PM »
Right on Turkey!

Thanks for taking the ball and running with it Johny!

T-Shirts?? We got a silk screen any of you broke asses gonna buy one? More than that can I trust you guys to be a maintain a positive image while wearing it?

Turkey is right, we need to get back to the basics, if everyone of us put up 250 words on a topic that we thought was like first day shit then we would be adding to our content big time. We would also be exposing each other to our way of thinking which is good!

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2012, 08:42:37 PM »
I think we need to change our approach.
Instead of being just a forum, we should have a front page like Lnl. This will be a place where we can write articles for preppers, and still have a forum on the side. On the old sight the main page was the main course, and the forum was the side dish.

I think we all need to step up to the youtube plate. there should be a straightprep youtube channel where we all can post videos with valuable content. These videos will be put in a section on the site for people to see.

As for straight prep products I think we should get with companies and put together prepping packages. Like a magpul moe hand guard with a surefire g2 in the box. Things like that Maybe some T-shirts.

yeah i forgot thats how lnl was... we deffinatly need a front page with videos etc.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

backwoodsboy

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2012, 08:52:25 PM »
Hey guys i have a good idea, i dont know if yall heard of DEMCAD on youtube but hes pretty popular, i have him as a friend on facebook and i can ask him to "advertise" straightprep by mentioning it in a video?