Author Topic: Got a Glock in 9mm or 40 cal ???  (Read 2068 times)

UnBroken

Offline Outonowhere

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Re: Got a Glock in 9mm or 40 cal ???
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 02:50:37 PM »
I don't know about that.  3 mags going at about $75 and 60 - 70 bucks for 200 rounds?  Maybe if there were more rounds or if they were super hydro-shock rounds but as is seems to be a bit much to be a good "deal"
"A GREAT CONTRADICTION IS THE BELIEF IN STATES RIGHTS WHILE NOT SUPPORTING THE RIGHTS OF THE INDIVIDUAL."  - Me
Han shot first!

UnBroken

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 05:00:49 PM »

Offline Outonowhere

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 08:35:29 PM »
Found this aswell..10 pack at 10 bucks a mag [url]http://m.sportsmansguide.com/Product.aspx?a=511063&tab=1]http://m.sportsmansguide.com/Product.aspx?a=511063&tab=1] [url]http://m.sportsmansguide.com/Product.aspx?a=511063&tab=1 [/url]

http://m.sportsmansguide.com/Product.aspx?a=511063&tab=1

Granted these are not GLOCK made mags but they may work.  I would hesitate from buying them till I learned who the manufacturer is.  If they are KCI, they are OK but a lot of sites stopped carrying them due to a large number of mags failing.  I have a couple myself and have not experienced any issues.
"A GREAT CONTRADICTION IS THE BELIEF IN STATES RIGHTS WHILE NOT SUPPORTING THE RIGHTS OF THE INDIVIDUAL."  - Me
Han shot first!

Offline tominphx

• Senior Prepper
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 08:06:38 AM »
The korean mags make good range mags, and the KCI ones are pretty damn close to factory. I have about 30 or 40 of them, stocked up when they where like $5 each or less.

I still plan on buying 5 each of factory 17 and 19 mags in the near future.
It's better to have it and not need it ...

1000meterstare

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 09:48:57 AM »
How about avoid a glock at all costs.  Like Monty Python said, "run away!"  Get a Ruger P-series or better yet a Sig Sauer in .45 ACP.  Decock-only.   

Offline RS762

• Committed prepper
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 11:00:26 AM »
How about avoid a glock at all costs.  Like Monty Python said, "run away!"  Get a Ruger P-series or better yet a Sig Sauer in .45 ACP.  Decock-only.

:)) [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2012, 11:44:02 AM »

ya i heard glocks jam a lot and i even saw it once in a video so they probably all suck. lol
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline Outonowhere

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2012, 02:32:00 PM »

ya i heard glocks jam a lot and i even saw it once in a video so they probably all suck. lol

Yea!!! I mean, who wants to use something like that?  John Wayne never used one, neither did Al Capone!  What a piece of junk!
Han shot first!

1000meterstare

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2012, 05:26:29 PM »
They never used Sigs, either.  The only difference is that Sig is a superb weapon.  Ruger is durable.  Glocks have the most accidental discharges on record of any handgun brand.

Offline RS762

• Committed prepper
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2012, 05:35:44 PM »
Glocks have the most accidental discharges on record of any handgun brand.

lol im a glock hater and i despise that stupid trigger safety but to be fair A loooooooot of people buy glocks... I can think of a few ways that stat might be skewed.

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2012, 06:35:00 PM »
seriously guys?? some of you sound like liberals... "glocks have more accidental discharges..." yadda yadda... how's the old saying go? guns don't kill people....

blaming the gun for the ND? sounds like user error to me. It's not Glock's fault that pigs *cough* i mean dumbass cops are too braindead to handle a weapon with no manual safeties.
Rome is burning, and Obama is playing the fiddle - GAP

1000meterstare

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2012, 12:39:31 AM »
Ok, I'll explain.  People who have not done their homework buy Glocks (to include cops).  The same people (cops and civilians) who don't do their homework have accidental discharges.  I'm not a liberal.  I'm just anti-idiot. [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

1000meterstare

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2012, 12:41:27 AM »
If you give me one point about how any Glock is superior in any way to my Sig P220 I'll go out and buy one.   [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2012, 01:12:48 AM »
I know I shouldn't stoop to this level but honestly 1kmStare you run your keyboard a bit too much. Weren't you just talking about how awesome the P90 series by Ruger is and then you sell it to buy a Sig and now Sigs are the best shit ever?

Sounds to me like a Glock would be the shit if only you owned it. Now climb off your high horse and tell me why the number one selling pistol in the fucking world is such a piece of shit. Spell it out and don't spare us any of the details.

505th.NM.Militia

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2012, 02:15:16 AM »
Ruger P90 here as secondary.  I can hit a target at 100 yards, don't mag dump like most glockist tend to do, and .45 all day (no .40 is better b.s. here.)  I do believe the accessories are better for glocks, but most glock owners don't know or care about modularity past their pretty kydex. 

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2012, 08:37:58 AM »
Ruger P90 here as secondary.  I can hit a target at 100 yards, don't mag dump like most glockist tend to do, and .45 all day (no .40 is better b.s. here.)  I do believe the accessories are better for glocks, but most glock owners don't know or care about modularity past their pretty kydex.

You're doing better than I did with the P90 I had.  The most inaccurate gun I've ever touched.  Even worse than some of the loose ass Government issued 1911's.  My family doesn't sell or trade guns period.  We pass them down.  That P90 was the only exception I've "ever" made.  Couldn't wait to get rid of that thing.  I'm glad yours is doing better for you. 

I had my brother's Glock 17 and Python he carried when he was a deputy sheriff for a few years before I sold it back to him so he could pass them on to his kids.  I miss the Python but could care less about that Glock.  IDK, I could go for another 45 down the road.  I'm not sure what it would be but it would be one I haven't owned before.     

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Offline RS762

• Committed prepper
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2012, 01:32:20 PM »

You're doing better than I did with the P90 I had.  The most inaccurate gun I've ever touched.  Even worse than some of the loose ass Government issued 1911's.  My family doesn't sell or trade guns period.  We pass them down.  That P90 was the only exception I've "ever" made.  Couldn't wait to get rid of that thing.  I'm glad yours is doing better for you. 

I had my brother's Glock 17 and Python he carried when he was a deputy sheriff for a few years before I sold it back to him so he could pass them on to his kids.  I miss the Python but could care less about that Glock.  IDK, I could go for another 45 down the road.  I'm not sure what it would be but it would be one I haven't owned before.     

may i recommend this?
This thing is a fucking cadillac of a .45acp.
i have the cheapo copy of it and i love it.  [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at

http://www.hyattgunstore.com/cz-97b-45-acp-pistol-black-finish-wood-grips.html

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2012, 03:08:18 PM »
such a dumb conversation...

Rome is burning, and Obama is playing the fiddle - GAP