Author Topic: Awesome Advertisment Idea  (Read 2142 times)

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
Awesome Advertisment Idea
« on: January 13, 2012, 08:18:45 PM »
It hit me when I was sharing this photo.

You guys should set up a fucking Straightprep.com/forum account on Face book. Think of how many people we could get to swing in.

I dunno just a thought.  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
Re: Awesome Advertisment Idea
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 08:33:15 PM »
It hit me when I was sharing this photo.

You guys should set up a fucking Straightprep.com/forum account on Face book. Think of how many people we could get to swing in.

I dunno just a thought.

It would probably bring in good people and bad people.  But you are right, it would definitely increase traffic. 

Department of Homeland Security monitors Facebook, Twitter and news sites for 'situational awareness'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2085940/Facebook-Twitter-news-sites-monitored-US-Homeland-Security.html#ixzz1jNH4x4DH

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 08:35:11 PM »
I dont think "Facebook Users" are the caliber of people were looking for. i deleted my account many months ago..
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 09:07:39 PM »
I dont think "Facebook Users" are the caliber of people were looking for. i deleted my account many months ago..

I'm a facebook user.

Goodnightchesty is.

Unbroken is

I'm sure there are others as well.
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 09:15:08 PM »

I'm a facebook user.

Goodnightchesty is.

Unbroken is

I'm sure there are others as well.

yeah but for every one reaver, or unbroken you get youll also get 50 guar's lol
Simplicity Is Ideal...

505th.NM.Militia

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 09:23:23 PM »
I'm not opposed to a fakebook page, I know a certain thatguy who is on that shite all day.   I'll set one up if we get a strong request from the board, but otherwise we have other things we want to do.

1.  Mp3 podcasts.  Listen while you work, play, at the gym, etc.  Longer more indepth analysis and we can record a confrence call type format so we can have anyone on at anytime.   

2.  Membership.  We need more KNOWLEDABLE interesting people.  People who run shit, know shit, and are down for the cause.  There are 3 members and 11 guests on as I type this.  You are representing us to them, because while they are the silent MAJORITY, you are the one brave enough to stand up and be heard.

3.  Interviews with broader, more mainstream media.  Preparedness culture is so misrepresented that we need to get our own message out there to change the perception issues being perpetuated by the snakes who run the media, and ultimately villify our actions. 
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 03:55:18 PM by rah45 »

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2012, 02:02:52 PM »
That was Beautiful....

505th for Pres.  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2012, 05:19:31 PM »
He's pretty good eh?

Ghost

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2012, 05:20:48 PM »
He's pretty good eh?
He must be a fellow Newfoundlander.

[URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2012, 06:36:51 PM »
A FB page should only be used to get people into the forum and limit wall posts there.

Offline salezzeni

• Prepper Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2012, 11:31:17 PM »
Ah, the age old conundrum between OPSEC and Mission accomplishment....
Celer, Silens, Mortalis

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2012, 01:02:39 AM »
Ah, the age old conundrum between OPSEC and Mission accomplishment....

[URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

505th.NM.Militia

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2012, 04:13:43 AM »
All we have left is our own identities.  Just like in 1984 our own minds are the last refuge.  Learn about hegemony.  Learn about mutual creation of reality (mutual reinforcement of reality.)  Stop perpetuating the violent psychic assualts that have been inflicted on our society by the Ministry of Truth.  Try not to flinch and give yourself away. 

The worst part is the freedom of self that we have is more than we deserve. 

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2012, 09:09:35 AM »
Two words, My Space  ;D

Offline Outonowhere

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2012, 09:34:40 AM »
"Fear is the mind killer"...

So Fekkin grow a pair already!  :))

I love the idea of podcasts and love to listen to that stuff while on the giant wheel at work.  One idea would be to set up a forum section for topics.  Post a thread saying this days topic is such and such, you have a few days to post questions.  Then you can have guys that regular the site and are knowledgeable on the topics that can call/skype in or whatever and you all can record the convo/podcast.  Its an idea, and I wouldn't worry too much about someone knowing you "think like that" cause they really don't care.  When the chips of down it doesnt matter whether you are a carrot, a potato, or a chunk of beef, everyone's going into the same "pot". lol

- Stay thirsty!  [url=http://yoursmiles.org/p-m
"A GREAT CONTRADICTION IS THE BELIEF IN STATES RIGHTS WHILE NOT SUPPORTING THE RIGHTS OF THE INDIVIDUAL."  - Me
Han shot first!

Ghost

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2012, 10:42:00 AM »
I second the motion for Podcasts. Hell, I'll even come on em for a bit to talk shit, give a Canadian perspective on it all.

505th.NM.Militia

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2012, 02:32:20 PM »
I second the motion for Podcasts. Hell, I'll even come on em for a bit to talk shit, give a Canadian perspective on it all.

Can we play canadian 20 questions?

"Is it something good to eat?"

"Yeah."

"Is it moosecock?"

"Yeah."

I'm just kidding buddy!  I prefer podcasts because you can go 2 hours, talk INDEPTH, and if we do a rotating password on SP we can keep it exclusive.  You give the website to download out on SP, and the password for next weeks show at the end of everyshow.  So if you aren't in the loop (DHS china spammers losers) then you can't see what we are doing.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 03:57:44 PM by rah45 »

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2012, 02:46:03 PM »
The website to download out on SP, and the password for next weeks show at the end of everyshow.  So if you aren't in the loop (DHS china spammers losers) then you can't see what we are doing.

Actually, that  sounds pretty slick.  Unless one of us is a (DHS, china, spammers, loser) and watches the podcast to get the password.  I don't think we would be doing anything anyway that they would be all that concerned about.  Other than marking down who has has been storing food, guns, ammo and the like.  They seem to be concerned about that here lately for some reason.     

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Ghost

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2012, 02:49:59 PM »

Can we play canadian 20 questions?

"Is it something good to eat?"

"Yeah."

"Is it moosecock?"

"Yeah."

I'm just kidding buddy!  I prefer podcasts because you can go 2 hours, talk INDEPTH, and if we do a rotating password on SP we can keep it exclusive.  You give

Hey man, moose dick is apparently good eats. Key word, APPARENTLY. ;D

505th.NM.Militia

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2012, 03:11:59 PM »
It's an old underground nightclub trick Sledge.  You have the adress for the next illegal party on your website, and you give out the password at the the current party.  Its a good way to keep your regulars because if they step out of the loop they are out. 

The reason for the security isn't because we are going to be saying illegal things, it's more to keep our soveriegnty.  Fuck the government, they aren't invited. 

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2012, 03:20:46 PM »
It's an old underground nightclub trick Sledge.  You have the adress for the next illegal party on your website, and you give out the password at the the current party.  Its a good way to keep your regulars because if they step out of the loop they are out. 

The reason for the security isn't because we are going to be saying illegal things, it's more to keep our soveriegnty.  Fuck the government, they aren't invited.

Man I'm too old.  I don't know any of these underground night club tricks.   :)  Back in my day they weren't underground.  You just had to pay some big bruiser looking guy 3 bucks and they let you in.  Of course the ladies got in free.  Thinking back, that does seem a little unfair but it didn't bother me at the time.

505th.NM.Militia

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2012, 03:56:17 PM »
So thatguy and I and friends are gonna make the first one and hopefully have a special guest.  I'll do it tonight if tg ever recovers from this past weekend.   

Offline rah45

• Community Moderator
  • Live Free, or Die.
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2012, 03:59:29 PM »
So thatguy and I and friends are gonna make the first one and hopefully have a special guest.  I'll do it tonight if tg ever recovers from this past weekend.

That sounds great! Let us know!