Author Topic: A request  (Read 1379 times)

Offline WhiskeyJack

• Committed prepper
A request
« on: October 06, 2011, 09:15:45 AM »
Hey TG and 505th. I would love to see a vid on recharging primers. if you guys get the time a walk through on recharging primers and maybee even putting a recharged primer into a reloaded round and firing it would be great. I dont think any one has done that on youtube yet. And maybee an article outlining the proceedure. Just a thought..
Good whiskey, makes Jack Rabbit smack da bear.

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
Re: A request
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 11:55:22 AM »
Hey TG and 505th. I would love to see a vid on recharging primers. if you guys get the time a walk through on recharging primers and maybee even putting a recharged primer into a reloaded round and firing it would be great. I dont think any one has done that on youtube yet. And maybee an article outlining the proceedure. Just a thought..

I am not even sure that our camera can see it.. but we will try.

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 02:36:23 PM »
I haven't even gotten a reloading bench, but I agree it must be done.
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 03:11:24 PM »
I could also work up a primitive reload on the video, but somethings just can't be done like reloading a necked rifle case.. I could be wrong but I am pretty sure that you need a sizing die for that.

Colombo

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 04:34:19 PM »
I could also work up a primitive reload on the video, but somethings just can't be done like reloading a necked rifle case.. I could be wrong but I am pretty sure that you need a sizing die for that.

Both can be done but should be looked at as last ditch efforts with seriously degraded specs and dependability. Many years ago (beyond the reach of the statute of limitations) I cooked up some mercury fulminate and reloaded some primers just to see if I could. Also done was some limited reloading of pistol and rifle rounds. As for function they were fine in bolt actions that originally fired the rounds as the cases had fire formed to the chamber (you can forget semis or switching rifles), I have gone as far as literally rolling a lead bullet to size, paper patching it, loading both homemade powder and reloaded primer and firing but would strongly recommend against this practice as the manufacture of explosives is illegal and now seriously frowned upon and you better not screw up the round or it could get interesting.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 04:36:47 PM by Colombo »

Offline WhiskeyJack

• Committed prepper
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 06:19:20 PM »
Saftey first.. It was just a thought. if its not feesable i understand
Good whiskey, makes Jack Rabbit smack da bear.