Author Topic: Shortages  (Read 248 times)

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
Shortages
« on: January 16, 2022, 10:00:16 PM »
Well, I expected shortages but I didn't expect the Idiot Population to notice it so fast. I'm begining to see Facebook posts about how some folks can't find their favorite items. These are the same morons who refuse to Prep. Just how much do you have to rub people faces in the problem before they wake up. They sure know how to complain but they don't seem to know how to prepare. There are two groups of people who plan to survive. FIRST: The Government plans to survive and they don't give a damn if anybody else survives. SECOND: Preppers plan to survive by becoming self sufficient. The rest of the population thinks that the Government will take care of them. Just how stupid do you have to be to believe the Government gives a damn about the general population? With all the Cell Phone Zombies walking around and thinking their money is safe, I can't believe that at some point they might just wonder about how all their money can be frozen with one keystroke from Big Brother. I'm already seeing You Tube posts about bank account being set up to be frozen.

Offline Felix

• Committed prepper
  • Hunter, grower, brewer, distiller.
Re: Shortages
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2022, 11:04:16 PM »
Best start crooning the "Cattle Call".
https://youtu.be/-JX50rZae2M?t=31
I really think the herd might be getting restless.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2022, 08:41:07 AM »
But all I need is

Nemo

If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline Sir John Honeybucket

• Committed prepper
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2022, 11:50:03 AM »
If the history of the Twentieth Century taught us anything , it?s that those who bet their lives on government largesse , generally end-up face down in a ditch which the government forced them to Dig. 
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 11:52:41 AM by Sir John Honeybucket »
Defender of the Garden
                &
Tapper of Morse Code

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2022, 11:24:52 PM »
I am seeing more and more shortages and thought that it would not affect me. However, I think when the SHTF and there is nothing available, I actually am concerned about where I'm going to get supplies. I have a ton of electronics and other physical stuff and even a rather strong supply of food but I don't think this is going to be short lived and I wonder what I'm going to do when my supplies get low. Since I'm out in the rural Farm country, I suppose I'll be able to get some things to eat even if I don't like them. Oh, so you say you like Chitterlings and Pigs feet and Chicken necks. Well, at least the population will be dropping because of all the dumbassses who refused to prepare.

Offline Felix

• Committed prepper
  • Hunter, grower, brewer, distiller.
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2022, 06:49:40 AM »
Some prepping appears to assume a baseline for longevity of scarcity and disruption.
"A Canticle for Liebowitz" illustrates how a very long baseline still brings one back to starting points, given the fullness of time (many centuries in this case).
For practical purposes, I propose that prepping needs to assume a return to pre-industrial life for the duration of any prepper's lifetime.   IOWs, the baseline of scarcity and disruption might well be generational.   Not just a rough patch in the lives of people prepping today.
Already we are, for all practical purposes, reverting to a form of feudalism.  Perhaps another Dark Age as well.
Yes, stock our abbeys well.   And play the long game.

Offline Sir John Honeybucket

• Committed prepper
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2022, 10:25:51 AM »
Low tech gardens, quality hand tools fpr working wood (iron?) and the soil, independent heating and cooking 'fire', fishing on The Bay and oh by-the-way; HEALTH is essential. Sounds like we might want to be Amish with ham radios and maybe rifles and the will to use them to defend our homesteads.

The Amish Liberation Army Wants YOU!

Defender of the Garden
                &
Tapper of Morse Code