Author Topic: Rumor: Any confirmation oNew York and DC Power Outage Last Night? (18JUN2022) ??  (Read 286 times)

Offline Sir John Honeybucket

• Committed prepper
My Wife's group at work are talking about power outages last night in D.C. and "New York" (city or upstate, they don't know).  Does anyone here have information; confirmation or denial of this?  If so, what details can you provide? I have not found anything online yet, which seems odd.  OTOH - 
We live in an age of rumors and DISinformation by professional 'image makers'.

- Sir John Honeybucket
Defender of the Garden
                &
Tapper of Morse Code

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
I have heard nothing and NYS is less than a pistol shot away.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
One of my friends on Facebook mentioned something about their power going off. They live between Richmond and Petersburg. It wasn't very long before they said the power had come back on. I don't think it had anything to do with the DC or NY power problem.

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
    I talked with my Dad this morning, he's in upstate NY, not far from Albany, and he didn't mention any power outage.  He did mention it was unseasonably cool, in the 40's at night and 50's during the day, so if the power was out I would have heard about, because he likes to keep his place in the 70's, and no power back-up.

Offline Sir John Honeybucket

• Committed prepper
Thanks everyone.  THIS is where having communications with a cooperative team is handy: vetting 'information' to determine whether it's a rumor or actionable intelligence. In this case: evidently a rumor.

- Sir John Honeybucket
Defender of the Garden
                &
Tapper of Morse Code

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
Minor outages in my area, due to some storm activity.  No reports on outages in DC area.

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.