Author Topic: 380 v 38 v 9 v 40 v 45  (Read 484 times)

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
380 v 38 v 9 v 40 v 45
« on: April 25, 2020, 02:31:37 PM »
Which one is best to carry.

Watch below.  You will know.  You will change*.

Nemo

*something about your edc-- comfort, confidence, skill, something
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline CJS06

• Committed prepper
Re: 380 v 38 v 9 v 40 v 45
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2020, 09:05:43 AM »
Nemo

Thanks for posting that.  That was one of the better videos on the caliber discussion.  Ive believed for years  that shot placement is sooo much more important than caliber.  :deadHorse: Still have people tell me how the .45 will "do the job no matter where you hit them" :facepalm:

Chris

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2020, 07:05:16 PM »
For years, I've gotten tired of hearing all the hype about big calibers and hot loads being the way to go. I even think that a 22LR is a good defensive round. I got really pissed of at one asshole who was slamming the 9mm Carbine. I told him to go stand 100 yards out and let me shoot him and then he could come back tell me what caliber I shot him with. Hmmmmmm….. I didn't get any takers. I personally don't even want to get shot with a .177 pellet rifle. Years ago when I was a young lad, I was with a group of fellas that were crossing a farmers land(without permission) and he came out and cut loose on use with a 22 rifle and I'll tell you right now, hearing those things whizz by me was scary as hell. I learned three things. Stay off other peoples property, learn to run really fast and do whatever you can to avoid being shot at.

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2020, 07:35:52 PM »
For years, I've gotten tired of hearing all the hype about big calibers and hot loads being the way to go. I even think that a 22LR is a good defensive round. I got really pissed of at one asshole who was slamming the 9mm Carbine. I told him to go stand 100 yards out and let me shoot him and then he could come back tell me what caliber I shot him with. Hmmmmmm….. I didn't get any takers.

Last week I went out back shooting with my lovely spouse.  We recently acquired a Keltec Sub 2000 in 9mm for her to use.  It was purchased because the Sub 2000 carbine is lightweight, and I thought she could handle the 9mm recoil, and lastly it'll use Glock mags.  She has very little upper body strength, and she's small in stature.  Unfortunately, the stock isn't adjustable, so neither is the length of pull.  She ended up with a case of stock eye, because she's physically unable to keep the stock in the pocket of her shoulder.  In the end she transitioned to a Ruger PC Charger 10/22 pistol with an arm brace, which works like a small PCC, I call it a PDF, a Personal Defense Firearm.  Using the Charger pistol with arm brace she was able to handle the minimal recoil and put shots on target.  So, for her, a .22 makes sense, so that will be one of her defensive firearms.

Here in rural Tennessee, a long shot might be 150 yards due to the terrain and vegetation.  A PCC works okay in this area, if an AR or AK isn't available.  A PCC makes sense too, if the the carbine uses the same magazines as your handguns.  In our case, several of our carbines use Glock mags, which are inexpensive and plentiful.