Author Topic: Ukraine support  (Read 294 times)

gadget9901

Ukraine support
« on: January 26, 2023, 09:41:08 PM »
Hi all,

Without any political arguments.

I went though my preps and being in a low gun culture here in the UK. I have enough soft armor for my group.

I pulled all the hard plates and donated them to the Ukraine.

I am going to send some more things that are above the level that I need soon. As an example I have an extra three Army Stretchers that I am getting ready to ship.

Anyone else doing the same?

Offline grizz

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Lets Go Brandon
Re: Ukraine support
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2023, 09:56:32 PM »
No, I think the entire thing is nothing more than a bunch of politicians playing a deadly game with their citizens/subjects and this will drag on for many years just like all the Afghanistan wars. That is why I refuse to help.
.:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.
[IMG]http://vpnavy01.c

gadget9901

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2023, 10:11:16 PM »
No, I think the entire thing is nothing more than a bunch of politicians playing a deadly game with their citizens/subjects and this will drag on for many years just like all the Afghanistan wars. That is why I refuse to help.
I get you have strong feelings about this.

That is cool. It is what it is.

I do however admire to resolve and fighting spirit of the Ukrainian troops.

I felt good when a family of a troop that recieved on of the sets I sent thanked me.

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2023, 11:18:25 PM »
   I have some real problems supporting Ukraine.  What the Russians are doing is wrong.  But...the U.S. is spending literally 10's of billions of tax dollars in Ukraine, and there's very little accountability.  I would feel a lot better spending the money, if the Biden crime family wasn't involved.  We need to spend our tax dollars on our citizens and our infrastructure.

Do the Russians need to be corralled? Yes, undoubtedly.  I just feel like we're aligned with a country that will screw us over later.  Zelensky always has his hand out asking for more.  The asking has increased incrementally, initially he wanted stingers and drones, now he has tanks; I expect he'll be asking for nukes next.

I do feel sorry for the civilians that are swept up in this horrible situation.  I'm hoping the Ukrainians pound the Russian homeland a bit, to give them a taste of a special military operation/war.  War is hell, and personally, I'll keep any armor that I may have, because it may be needed sooner rather than later, right here at home.

Offline RB in GA

• Committed prepper
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2023, 07:48:50 AM »
I have thought about donating several times, but economics keep me from doing so.  I wish there was an organization here in the US that would accept things COD for shipment- if there is one I havent found it.  Also, I have to believe the US gov't has donated in my name several times.  I dont begrudge this a bit, though I do believe instead of increasing the debt the money should have been taken from other areas as Rand Paul suggested.

gadget9901

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2023, 08:44:08 AM »
I divorced my action from the political policy issues and discussion on purpose.

What I did was firmly giving things I can do without to people in need of the items. Just as we all do from time to time.

I appreciate how divisive the issues about what governments are doing for the Ukraine. That is a separate thing from the personal.

Lots of people here in the UK have been donating funds and materials at a grass root level. Most are groups that gather stuff together and then transport it directly to the Ukraine.

A group of paramedics here in the UK. Gathered donated ambulances that were coming off Active use. If I remember right about 20ish. Filled them to the brim with donated medical supplies. Then drove them to the polish border to hand them over.

They all went to volunteer medical units.  From start to finish they did this all in about a week. Good stuff.

Not intending to even discuss the political angles on this. Just sharing a satisfying personal action with the group.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2023, 01:00:17 PM »
One of the great things about you gadget is that you can insert a rather high opinionated topic, back away, and accept that not all may agree with your opinion or others who chose to comment. Thank you for that.  :cheers:

You do not take offense and encourage others to opine that may not hold your views.  :thumbsUp:
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline grizz

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Lets Go Brandon
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2023, 01:36:38 PM »
I get you have strong feelings about this.

That is cool. It is what it is.

I do however admire to resolve and fighting spirit of the Ukrainian troops.

I felt good when a family of a troop that recieved on of the sets I sent thanked me.

As long as you feel good, thats all that matters

In the big picture, Russia could easily walk all over Ukraine if they truly wanted to, but they don't want to. All they're interested in is creating a false war in order to put money and power in the hands of everyone (govts.) involved in the mess.

It wont be long before "The People" no longer tolerate this BS. I predict fewer than 50 years
.:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.
[IMG]http://vpnavy01.c

Offline Trail Ninja

• Novice Prepper
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2023, 05:22:37 PM »
Hi all,

Without any political arguments.

I went though my preps and being in a low gun culture here in the UK. I have enough soft armor for my group.

I pulled all the hard plates and donated them to the Ukraine.

I am going to send some more things that are above the level that I need soon. As an example I have an extra three Army Stretchers that I am getting ready to ship.

Anyone else doing the same?

I respect your compassion sir, but there's a butt ton of us still scratching our heads over sleepy Joe's pull out of Afghanistan.  There's no way that this is a righteous war!  Although providing aid for the people is righteous,  providing funds to drag it all out - ain't....in my opinion.