Author Topic: True USA Inflation 10.2% YTD  (Read 529 times)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
True USA Inflation 10.2% YTD
« on: July 31, 2013, 11:44:55 AM »
Here is a link to a company that is measuring true inflation. http://www.chapwoodindex.com/

As you know, the formula for the government CPI rate was changed back in 1983. It no longer includes things like food, fuel, taxes, etc.

The Chapman Company went back and started using the old formula and it is an interesting read. I forewarn you though, the site is slow to load. Also the Chapwood Company is trying to sell you on their investments. With that said, the inflation rates are more realistic to what I am seeing locally.

Patience grasshopper as it loads.  ;)
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Grudgie

• Committed prepper
Re: True USA Inflation 10.2% YTD
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 01:01:09 AM »
Well I bought a dam peach the other day for 82 cents.. Just one medium sized peach.

Anyway, the more I learn about economics and inflation, the more and more I realize we aren't really heading for a road bump so much as a brick wall.

One recent fact I have learned is that printing a dollar is not the same as printing a different currency. You see, the value of an Austrailian dollar is based on the actual number of Austrailian dollars in circulation inside of Austrailia. But the American dollar is different because it is used globally. There are MANY dollars in circulation around the world. Not just in America. So when the fed prints money (or digitizes it. Same thing) or when money is created through fractional reserve banking, the effects of inflation are spread evenly throughout the world. THIS is how we are able to live beyond our means and why the poorest Americans are richer than 80% of the human population. We export our inflation like no other nation can.

This system works amazingly so long as your currency doesn't have any competition. Say for instance the Chinese Yuan.

What happens when people realize Uncle Sam isn't 'good for it' anymore and they start trading their oil in something else? We are left sitting on trillions of debt with nothing to export and a shattered economy.

And this train is almost at the end of the line and it won't change course or stop as long as people don't realize what is going on. As long as it doesn't effect them, as long as they can go to their job every day and watch their reality television at night they are perfectly content. Try to talk to them and they just roll their eyes And say, 'oh you.. You've been listening to to much of that Glen Beck nonsense.' Well I've got some bad news for you sunshine. Pink isn't well and he's back at the hotel. And they sent us along as a surrogate band. Tonight we'll find out where you fans really stand.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 01:12:34 AM by Grudgie »

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 02:29:37 AM »
What happens when people realize Uncle Sam isn't 'good for it' anymore and they start trading their oil in something else?
In that case, the D.O.D. claims that the uncooperative country has "WMD's"... then invades and occupies.  Just ask Saddam Hussein. Oh wait, never mind... they killed his ass.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 03:07:56 AM by special-k »
"It wouldn't do any good.  I've had the shit beat out of me a lot of times.  I just replenish with more shit."  - Billy McBride

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 09:10:03 AM »
Sadly, all good and accurate points Grudgie.  :thumbsUp:

Concerning what SK wrote: Start a war to keep the populous focused on other things than their plight. Mmmm, not unlike 1984  :o
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.