Author Topic: Tools you think are worthless until you have a unique situation and need them...  (Read 499 times)

1000meterstare

Sorry about the long thread title, but we preppers often dismiss or forget about things in storage or in the closet until work...perfectly.  My father passed in December and my family didn't fight over anything, we didn't want anything, we just mourned Dad.  Material shit didn't matter to us and we didn't fight over it.  Long story already longer, I moved to North Dakota, packed all my stuff.  My mom was retired and was gracious enough to help me drive.  I did most of the grunt work and hard unpacking, and I stumbled across a single-shot .410 that wasn't mine and I didn't pack.  My mom said "I think dad would want you to have this."

Fast forward to now.  I live in a grain elevator in the bottom offices converted into a cozy apartment.  Middle of nowhere, but the pigeons still seem to think the elevator itself (offset and elevated above where I live) is their domain.  That little Stevens .410 with cheapo #6 shot 2.5 inch shells has pretty much eradicated my pigeon problem.  Cheap shotgun, cheap ammo, but they do their job perfectly and economically.  No other weapon in my arsenal could fill that unique role, especially for the cost.  I've gotten good enough where I can hit them on the fly.  Now when I walk my dog I hardly ever see a pigeon.  And above all, I remember my dad, his tools and ways, and what a practical and good man he was. :cowboy:

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Right on 1000Meter!  :thumbsUp:
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.