Author Topic: Survival Myths That Will Get You Killed  (Read 1437 times)

Offline Jeremy Knauff

• Prepper
    • How To Survive It
Re: Survival Myths That Will Get You Killed
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2013, 11:17:25 AM »
Hmmm...at that price, you're (in my opinion) better off with a Mossberg 100 ART. I picked one up for a few hundred bucks in .308 and it's relatively accurate.

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2013, 11:20:25 AM »
Hmmm...at that price, you're (in my opinion) better off with a Mossberg 100 ART. I picked one up for a few hundred bucks in .308 and it's relatively accurate.
Yeah, they can be pricey in comparison. There's a fairly large amount of collectors of Finnish rifles out there. But for the extra money, once you handle and fire a m39, the 91/30 seems like a real piece of junk in comparison. And you save tons of money on the ammo, 54r is still relatively cheap and available.

Offline thatGirl

• Senior Prepper
  • Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2013, 01:02:20 PM »
Hey thatGirl, it turns out you were right about the pump. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14747805

Nice link, citing sources and everything!  I try to stay current on my snake bite info, because I work in rattle snake terrain.  Can't say I ever get used to them though, had the first one (this season)rattle at me a few days ago as I walked passed it and nearly jumped out of my skin! ;D

It's obvious that you will be a great asset to this forum, excited to have you!  :cheers:

I'll get back to you on the pissade at a later date ;)
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

You have freedom when you're easy in your harness.
Robert Frost

Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday.
John Wayne

Offline Jeremy Knauff

• Prepper
    • How To Survive It
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2013, 09:21:50 PM »
Thanks!