Author Topic: Situational Simulator  (Read 611 times)

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
Situational Simulator
« on: July 11, 2013, 12:16:03 PM »
I just had the opportunity to go through one of the 4 situational simulators in the country.  I think the other 3 are restricted to military, government, and LE training.  I have to say that it was quite amazing and really draws you into the scenarios.  They use a beretta 92 and a glock in the simulation.  You hear the bang through the speakers and the slides operate every time the trigger is pulled so it is fairly lifelike.  The kick isn't as pronounced as a live fire but it is close.

You can move all throughout the simulator room and crouch or kneel and the computer still picks up the trigger pull.  There are 150 different situational simulations that change according to your actions (whether you pull the trigger or not).

They have had to restrict use to only people with instructors present because the simulations are so lifelike that people become totally invested in the situation.  They've had people go into total melt down due to past experiences.  They had a psychologist come in last week to have a meeting with affiliated instructors on how to deal with the meltdowns if someone goes into distress during a simulation.

It's a pretty incredible system.  I'm totally blown away by it and plan to make use of it with my students.   

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

hjmoosejaw

Re: Situational Simulator
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 12:21:20 PM »
Sounds like fun!  :bravo:

Ghost

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 12:26:31 PM »
Wouldn't mind taking a crack at it :cowboy:

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 12:34:43 PM »
Yeah, it was a blast and the cost is pretty reasonable.  $30 for an hour with multiple simulations.  I can go through more dollars than that a range in no time.  The replay of the scenarios shows where the gun was pointed for the entire segment.  It highlights the direction of the gun during the preceding 5 and 2 seconds before trigger pull, and then registers whether the round fired was a fatal or nonfatal shot.  It shows a purple X if you shot an innocent bystander or someone who wasn't a threat or were in the process of giving up.

Technology is amazing.  I wish that I had one of these in my garage.

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Alex1992

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 01:54:52 PM »
Now that would be a kick ass time, how hard is it to get in

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 03:08:59 PM »
Sounds like the Holo Deck on Star Trek NG.  8)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 03:33:08 PM »
Obviously you have to make an appointment to use it. What is the wait time? Do you know if there are any in New England?

Great stuff Sledge!
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

CrystalHunter1989

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2013, 08:46:06 PM »
Please don't make them try the Kobayashi Maru....

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013, 10:36:45 PM »
JM I'm not sure if there is a simulator in the NE.  I was told that there were only 4 in the country and that this one is the only one that is available to civilians not connected with the government or LE.

Yes, simulator time has to be scheduled through an affiliated instructor.  If you guys ever show up down here in Vero Beach let me know and I'll take you.