Author Topic: Now on X  (Read 442 times)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Now on X
« on: March 12, 2024, 12:33:17 PM »
I started to follow X at the end of of 2023. Currently my handle is JohnyMa57788310. There is a unchainedpreppers acct but I can't remember the user name or password. I have reached out to "X" but to no avail.

So in the meantime, I will just use JohnyMa57788310 to post comments and some things from UP.

:cheers:
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
Re: Now on X
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2024, 08:27:26 AM »
How much extra access, sneaking, peeking, slipping, through all the rest of your phone doings does that allow?

I am aged to where Medicare is available.  I chose (despise their politics) United Health Care.  Some of their policies cover (currently $60 a quarter) health care related items.

You can download the APP to find the covered stuff amost anywhere.  I looked at that and it would let them have access to many many many things on my phone.  No I say, NO You Shall Not Know.

So I spend that in one visit to Walgreens.  Covered items there are marked on the shelf.  Maybe more expensive but UHC doesn't get to look at many others things on my phone.

I really dislike the intrusiveness of the vast majority of apps on phones.  I use it for calls, maps and texts.  And not much else.  Usually in a RFID bag if I go most places.

Call me missing out on the world, but the world is also missing out on me.  At least I am led to believe so.

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline Sir John Honeybucket

• Committed prepper
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2024, 09:28:41 AM »
To be perfectly blunt, if I were not married, I would return to not owning a phone, smart or otherwise.  The peace, living aboard my boat with NO outside interference unless I turned a radio ON : priceless.

Sir John Honeybucket
Defender of the Garden
                &
Tapper of Morse Code

Offline grizz

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Lets Go Brandon
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2024, 02:17:39 PM »
To be perfectly blunt, if I were not married, I would return to not owning a phone, smart or otherwise.  The peace, living aboard my boat with NO outside interference unless I turned a radio ON : priceless.

Sir John Honeybucket

Yeah one good EMP and some of us would be in Heaven while others would be in hell
.:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.
[IMG]http://vpnavy01.c

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2024, 02:29:22 PM »
Were I not married my phone would be screwed to the wall with a long stretchy cord on it.

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.