Author Topic: No more imported ammo, Executive order #13637  (Read 1570 times)

Offline RS762

• Committed prepper
No more imported ammo, Executive order #13637
« on: April 24, 2013, 04:53:42 PM »
We are FUCKED.
The federal disarmament of the citizenry is at full-tilt.

characteristically vague, can basically stop the import of anything deemed "military".

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/DCPD-201300143/pdf/DCPD-201300143.pdf

Through Executive Order 13637, the President has delegated his AECA authority to the Secretary of State with respect to the export and temporary import of defense articles and defense services. The International Traffic in Arms Regulations, 22 CFR part 120 et seq., implement the Secretary of State?s delegated authority and list the defense articles and defense services regulated for export and temporary import by the Secretary. Through Executive Order 13637, the President has delegated to the Attorney General the authority under the AECA to control the permanent import of defense articles and defense services. In exercising that authority, the Attorney General ??shall be guided by the views of the Secretary of State on matters affecting world peace, and the external security and foreign policy of the United States.?? The executive order also requires that the Attorney General obtain the concurrence of the Secretary of State and the Secretary of Defense and provide notice to the Secretary of Commerce for designations, including changes in designations, of defense articles and defense services subject to permanent import controls.

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
Re: No more imported ammo, Executive order #13637
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 04:59:30 PM »
 [img]http://www.smileydesign.n

How cool would it be the first shot fired be done with black powder from a kentucky rifle?
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

CrystalHunter1989

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 05:08:15 PM »

How cool would it be the first shot fired be done with black powder from a kentucky rifle?

Symbolic? Yes. Practical? Not really. You'd have to take a shot from within 100 yards to be accurate. Furthermore, it'd have to be a big caliber to have a chance of inflicting any lasting damage on a stormtrooper wearing Kevlar. Or you could fire it into the air as a warning while your team covers you.

Too bad for those poor guys that bought AKs...
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 05:09:49 PM by CrystalHunter1989 »

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 05:40:12 PM »
What's the big deal?  Holder is such a big 2A supporter that he would never block the import of 7.62x39.  Oh wait, maybe I'm not thinking too clearly on that one. 

Maybe it's because I'm intoxicated at the thought that all of the 7.62x39 I'm invested in is about to go by once to twice the price per ounce of gold.  Think I'll sell, switch platforms, and buy the house next to George Sorros with what I'll have left in the bank.   Or maybe an island in the Caribbean.  I knew hoarding would pay off one of these days.  LOL!!!!   
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 05:45:18 PM by sledge »

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Offline RS762

• Committed prepper
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 06:21:18 PM »

Symbolic? Yes. Practical? Not really. You'd have to take a shot from within 100 yards to be accurate. Furthermore, it'd have to be a big caliber to have a chance of inflicting any lasting damage on a stormtrooper wearing Kevlar. Or you could fire it into the air as a warning while your team covers you.

Or all the AR guys who can only afford PMC, Tula, PPU, S&B...
If you think AR guys will be any better off prepare for a shock.

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 06:43:02 PM »
Yep its going to happen.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

CrystalHunter1989

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 06:54:58 PM »

Or all the AR guys who can only afford PMC, Tula, PPU, S&B...
If you think AR guys will be any better off prepare for a shock.

Touche, but at least domestic ammo will still be around for a time until they ban it too.

Alex1992

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 11:14:52 PM »
Man I use Russian and Soviet 7.62x54r for my Mosin I rarely use brass through it because brass is expensive as fuck. The prices are gonna skyrocket man fuck em  [url=http://yoursmiles.org/p-m

Offline Outonowhere

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2013, 11:50:00 PM »
unless we are talking about finding ammo on...  well nevermind  ;D
"A GREAT CONTRADICTION IS THE BELIEF IN STATES RIGHTS WHILE NOT SUPPORTING THE RIGHTS OF THE INDIVIDUAL."  - Me
Han shot first!

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2013, 11:54:56 PM »
Lol, did you actually read it?

I don't think we have anything to worry about guys.
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline Outonowhere

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2013, 11:55:53 PM »
Its about as clear as the NDAA... I wouldn't let your guard down yet Rvr...

Also may be trying a round about way to make the US comply with parts or whole of UN small arms treaty
"A GREAT CONTRADICTION IS THE BELIEF IN STATES RIGHTS WHILE NOT SUPPORTING THE RIGHTS OF THE INDIVIDUAL."  - Me
Han shot first!

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2013, 07:09:31 AM »
Does this EO include:
> BP rifles and pistols
> Italian shotguns
> German hand guns....?
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Skippy00004

• Committed prepper
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2013, 11:04:11 AM »
So vague and redundant that it's painful to read.

It references "The Act" a lot which is 22 U.S.C. 2753, and I'm having trouble finding any solid info on it.  I just keep running into the same legal jargon.

Don't pay attention to the man behind the curtain...

"I do believe that, where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence." --Mahatma Ghandi

1000meterstare

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2013, 11:09:00 AM »
Sprung the perfect trap.  DeltaHotelSierra restricts the domestically-produced ammo supply while this deal blocks the imported supply.  I've sadly accepted the fact that the ammo stash I have now is pretty much all I'm gonna have.  Thank goodness I stocked up years ago. :'(   

Offline APX808

• Administrator
    • APX R4nt5
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2013, 12:56:03 PM »
There is something I don't get...

DHS can't buy all the ammo produced in the US until the end of times, that is just a short time measure

Offline mountainredneck2051

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2013, 07:55:08 PM »
well i like to look on the bright side
for instance:
we won't see any ak guys talking shit anymore
Bursting bubbles since 2013

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2013, 09:24:17 PM »
well i like to look on the bright side
for instance:
we won't see any ak guys talking shit anymore

Ha! LOL! Ha! LOL!  Yeah, right, that's going to happen.   :))

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

CrookedSights

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2013, 09:28:01 PM »
That's ok Mtn we can always switch to a different caliber if need be. You know you'd miss us.  [img]http://www.smileydesign.n

Alex1992

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2013, 11:09:44 PM »
Good thing I've been stockpiling been doing it for a year and lemme tell ya it was worth every penny  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

Colombo

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2013, 12:18:01 AM »
Little things that appear to be unrelated are beginning to connect and really piss me off. Not 10 minutes ago I got this at the USGS site...

"ATTENTION: USGS TO DISCONTINUE STREAMGAGES DUE TO SEQUESTRATION

The U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) will discontinue operation of up to 375 streamgages nationwide due to budget cuts as a result of sequestration. Additional streamgages may be affected if partners reduce their funding to support USGS streamgages. The USGS is working to identify which streamgages will be impacted and will post this information as it becomes available. Streamgages are used nationwide to predict and address drought and flood conditions by monitoring water availability. The USGS and over 850 Federal, State, and local agencies cooperatively fund the USGS streamgaging network, which consists of over 8,000 streamgages. When budgets fluctuations occur, the network is impacted. Specific impacts to the Florida Current Conditions Network currently are not known. "

Just how fucking much money does it cost to monitor 375 gauges?????

MAYBE DHS CAN CUT THEIR AMMO ORDER BY 10,000 ROUNDS OR WOULD THAT BE TO MUCH TO ASK THE SHITHEAD POTUS?????? 

I'm sure the gauges not being monitored were selected for the chance of serious flood damage and loss of life if a storm rolls over. I can already hear the press secretary blaming sequester cuts for that. The people of this country are being misinformed  and disarmed for a reason.

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/fl/nwis/current/?type=gw&group_key=county_cd

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2013, 08:53:47 AM »
To your point Colombo, what Barry and his minions are doing is as clear as could be.

On another note...Tin Foil Hat Alert: I wrote on another subject line about trying to buy BP at a local mom & pop. I also wrote about the ridiculous prices on ammo in the store. Well a buddy of mine was working at the mom & pop shop Saturday morning's for a little extra cash.

I made a comment to him about the shortage of ammo and the prices his part time employer was charging. He told me that there was no shortage just stupid people buying ammo in fear. He went on to say that the mom & pop shop has a shipping container choked full behind the store and they have been having no problems getting ammo.

I am going to date myself here and talk about the toilet paper shortage of 1973-74. I think we may be experiencing the same thing now. 
http://thelongestlistofthelongeststuffatthelongestdomainnameatlonglast.com/trivia74.html
At some point in time, the saturation point will be hit and prices will drop to the new normal. With that said, Barry and his henchman learned something and will use this new tactic just before SHTF. Tin Foil Hat Alert over
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

1000meterstare

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2013, 09:10:21 AM »
You can NEVER have enough tinfoil hat! [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2013, 10:46:19 AM »
The local news, West Palm Beach Channel 5, did a special report on the ammo shortage just last night.  The scenes were of empty shelves at the guns shops and Walmart.  Each of the shops saying that even though the manufacturers were working day and night, that they couldn't keep up with demand.  The end of the special predicted that it would be a year before the ammo supply got back to normal.   

Offline stocklt

• Prepper Apprentice
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2013, 02:58:25 PM »
I don't see this on the whitehouse.gov page

Offline stocklt

• Prepper Apprentice
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2013, 03:02:29 PM »
i can't find this even when I google it